Happy Birthday, Neighbor

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Today would of been the 82nd birthday of one of America's most beloved television hosts ever, Mr. Rogers. One of the greatest things about Mr. Rogers is definitely that when the cameras were turned off, he was still the same person. He not only talked the talk, but walked the walk.

This had to be one of his greatest moments, just in general:

In 1969, Fred Rogers appeared before the United States Senate Subcommittee on Communications. His goal was to support funding for PBS and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, in response to significant proposed cuts by President Nixon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mister Rogers defending PBS to the US Senate[/ame]

"I give an expression of care everyday to each child, to help him realize he is unique, I end the program by saying, 'You've made this day a special day, by just your being you. There's no person in the whole world like you, and I like you just the way you are.'"

10000239-0-00-00-00_lg.png

mr rogers also kind of won the ultimate showdown

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM"]YouTube - Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny[/ame]

I wish they still played Mr Rogers in the morning, I would love to watch again.... With my son of course.

I wish they still played Mr Rogers in the morning, I would love to watch again.... With my son of course.

And you'll just happen to leave the television on the channel after he goes to school, right? :eusa_whistle: :cool:

And you'll just happen to leave the television on the channel after he goes to school, right? :eusa_whistle: :cool:

One day when he was at daycare, I watched a complete episode of Olivia on Nick Jr. And at a night after he is goes to bed I usually end up watching the Upside Down Show and Yo Gabba Gabba before changing the channel. Most of the time my son doesn't even watch whatever show is on, he is too busy running around. I don't understand how people use the television as a babysitter. lol

Forum List

Back