happy birthday, Muhammed Ali

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
"He was a black man proud of that fact, and so he gave others the strength to be proud. He was a Muslim proud of his faith, and so he gave others the strength to pray as they wanted. He was a fighter boastfully proud of his gifts, and so he gave a generation a joyful though sharp-edged, and at times mean-spirited, voice to follow....

The last lesson of the great lion of my time is to stand tall even when you are broken. Relent not from what you believe, even when the fight seems hopeless. Do not complain that the road is rocky for did you think it unfair when it was smooth? And, perhaps most of all, do not ask, “Why me?” because the answer really is, “Why not me?

Muhammad Ali stands test of time - BostonHerald.com

happy birthday, champ

4438857719_bacb05ea1c_z.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Ali was the greatest fighter I ever saw. He beat Sonny Liston and George Forman whom boxing experts at the time feared for Alis life if he fought them. He fought outright wars with Joe Frazier and Kenny Norton and showed he was not just a pretty face but had courage and heart.

As a human being, I thought he was overrated. The guy was a first class prick and his treatment of Joe Frazier was racist and downright cruel

"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years."

Forum List

Back