Happy Birthday Frolicking Dino

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
2qklyz4.jpg

Happy Birthday Dino.

Long life, flourishing health, rich love and much, much happiness.

Dino was sent flowers by her granddaughter and grandson-in-law.
n787237289_1058267_1795.jpg

Pretty blossoms!

They call you uncle mawmaw? Cute name, Dino.
My nieces and nephews on my boyfriend's side all call me Uncle Anguille because when one of them was little she didn't know what an aunt was not having had one till me.

Only two of our 19 grandkids (and their kids) call me 'Uncle Mamaw' and the rest call me 'Memonade' (what came out when a baby tried to say 'Mamaw Renee').

The two girls that call me 'Uncle Mamaw' are older grandchildren (now in their late 20s) from He-Dinos first marriage. I'm a bit younger than He-Dino and soon after we annonouced our engagement the girls and I had a converstation about what they were going to call me. They decided that the common names for a grandmother didn't fit because I was too young to be a 'granny' or 'mamaw' to them. I suggested 'Aunt Renee' and they protested that I wasn't going to be their aunt but their grandmother. I teasingly said 'so call me 'Uncle Renee'. One said 'No, we'll call you 'Uncle Mamaw' and both girls have since.

Obviously, I'm very close to this granddaughter (and to her cousin who alo calls me 'Uncle Mamaw') Family ties are about relationships - not blood-ties.

Only two of our 19 grandkids (and their kids) call me 'Uncle Mamaw' and the rest call me 'Memonade' (what came out when a baby tried to say 'Mamaw Renee').

The two girls that call me 'Uncle Mamaw' are older grandchildren (now in their late 20s) from He-Dinos first marriage. I'm a bit younger than He-Dino and soon after we annonouced our engagement the girls and I had a converstation about what they were going to call me. They decided that the common names for a grandmother didn't fit because I was too young to be a 'granny' or 'mamaw' to them. I suggested 'Aunt Renee' and they protested that I wasn't going to be their aunt but their grandmother. I teasingly said 'so call me 'Uncle Renee'. One said 'No, we'll call you 'Uncle Mamaw' and both girls have since.

Obviously, I'm very close to this granddaughter (and to her cousin who alo calls me 'Uncle Mamaw') Family ties are about relationships - not blood-ties.

You are obviously very well loved with so many cute and unique nicknames. Keep your tail wrapped around that sweet bunch of grandkids. :)

Forum List

Back