Happy Birthday America

S

Sandy73

Hope everyone is safe and remember our Heroes who keep us free & proud !!

We will be barbe-queing and blowing the neighborhood up !

What are your plans?

Drinking with cops and firefighter..just wish they were in uniforms but still it's all good..

Hope you all have a safe Fourth...don't do anything I would or wouldn't do so that means you all can't do anything..

Be safe and talk to you all on Monday..:cof:

Hope everyone has a great 4th. Be safe!! Will be atteding a BBQ with some people from work. A couple brews...mmmmmm :D

Happy Birthday America! The fourth of July is awesome!

Having family and a few friends over. Food and drink tonight then watch the fireworks from our backyard. :)

Same as Mtnbiker's, but no backyard view of fireworks! I love the 4th, just wish today's weather was better. Be safe everyone!

Great weather here! My favorite holiday. Got a brisket smoking already and a brand new flag waving. Gonna blow up some loud stuff with my son today and go watch the city display tonight. Y'all be safe and remember our troops. STAY THE COURSE !

Its raining here right now, but that is good. Its been dry and there are usually many fires on the Fourth.

Man Dilloduck that brisket sounds great! I love brisket.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Its raining here right now, but that is good. Its been dry and there are usually many fires on the Fourth.

Man Dilloduck that brisket sounds great! I love brisket.

I second that Dillo, that sounds like it would have been a better plan. I'm getting hungry! Love that barby!

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Moving, unpacking, building beds, and overall sweating it out.

Get some sparklers! I hope you guys have a good 4th! Moving during this-oh the headaches!

Just came across this, thought it cool:

http://auterrific.mu.nu/archives/034375.php via

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/

July 04, 2004
Remembering on Independence Day
I was going to write something inspirational for Independence Day, but instead, I found this at Auterrific, a great blog run by Linda, a CQ reader who often disagrees with me here. However, her post today reminds us that even though we may all disagree with each other on politics, we are all still Americans, and we stand together in the last instance.

Thoughts For The 4th

I could have posted something profound.

I could have posted something fun.

What I am posting, is a request that when you are enjoying all of your barbeques and swim parties today, that you take a moment to remember those who can't.

The recently beheaded...they won't be with their families today.

The people in the twin towers...they won't be with theirs either.

The people in the flights that went down in the Pentagon and PA...nope, not theirs either.

The countless soldiers who have given their lives for the war in Iraq and to keep our country free so we can enjoy those steaks on the grill, and the fireworks that will be so spectacular this evening...they understood how important this all was, but alas, they will not be with their families either.

In remembering them...remember that either willingly or unwillingly, they did it for all of us...democrats, republicans, moderates or libertarians.

They did it for LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

Be sure to visit Auterrific and give Linda thanks.

Posted by Captain Ed at 12:42 PM

Took the kids to see the fireworks tonight - always an asshole that has to act just that! My Daughter, who is 4, laying on the blanket and thank god in front of me, has a rocket launched from behind us and right over my head, lands on her leg, and bounces off! luckily no burns. Sadly, she was scared to death after that and wanted to go home! After a while, calmed her down and finished up with the fireworks!

That sucks. Ya wonder who lets these people out without their keepers. How many hundreds or big city, thousands of people, and some doofus figures he'll set off fireworks of his own.

Glad you were able to reassure her and continue, otherwise next year would be tought! :D

Originally posted by Kathianne
That sucks. Ya wonder who lets these people out without their keepers. How many hundreds or big city, thousands of people, and some doofus figures he'll set off fireworks of his own.

Glad you were able to reassure her and continue, otherwise next year would be tought! :D

I was quite surprised to begin with that the police even allowed them at all, they usually try to put a stop immediately to it. I spent the last few years in Florida for the 4th and never had any problems there, and had the BEST ever display. This place went nuts, but it was the drunks in the back that took some of the fun away in just not caring who was around them. Another couple got hit with a rocket too! Best was leaving, everyone just cutting off one another - I had two woman rush in and nearly hit me. I was surprised there too that they didn't have the cops directing these idiots coming out.

I went to a friend-of-a-friend's house. We sat around and drank a little, played some video games. Pretty fun time.

Went to a friend's house who has a view of Commencement Bay (in front of Tacoma) so we got to see thousands of fireworks. Not to mention my friend had about $150 worth of fireworks himself, as did every single one of his neighbors! He lives right next to an Indian reservation and fireworks are cheap! They're also illegal inside Tacoma city limits, but oh well!

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Went to a friend's house who has a view of Commencement Bay (in front of Tacoma) so we got to see thousands of fireworks. Not to mention my friend had about $150 worth of fireworks himself, as did every single one of his neighbors! He lives right next to an Indian reservation and fireworks are cheap! They're also illegal inside Tacoma city limits, but oh well!

Were you the one who blew my mailbox off the wall? That will be $50 bucks. :p:

Went to the fireworks and got drunk..friend got his truck stuck in the ditch had to call another friend of his to pull him out after the fireworks..then went out with some guys for breakfast and came home..

Sorry Jackass no wife swapping here hell not even a g/f swap..shit didn't even get a kiss..now that is sad..:(

but had a great time..got picked on but good time..agrued with friends..but still got drunk..:cof:

did i metion that I got drunk..:dev1: three of the four were firefighters and the other one was in the military (airforce)..:D
good time:alco:

Forum List

Back