Happy Anniversary, ObamaCare!!! Oh and your costs are up 8.6% btw

yes well, lets sum up; waivers -over a thousand including an entire State ( Maine), added costs as described below, the 'doctor fix'(?), Sibelius throwing in the towel on CLASS ( long term care) which she admits needs to be totally re-written and of course, Sibelius admits at a congressional hearing the double counting of funds that help make the bill appear cheaper than it is by MANY Billions after months upon months of denial.
The mandate may be in big trouble....

Unhappy Anniversary

ObamaCare's cost jumps 8.6%.

What's $2.3 trillion among friends? That's the canyon between the Congressional Budget Office's estimate of a $9.5 trillion federal budget deficit over the next decade under White House proposals, and the White House's own estimate of $7.2 trillion. The discrepancy emerged in a CBO analysis released Friday, not that it got much media attention.

We thought you'd like to know, and we also want to underline a less-noticed section that shows that ObamaCare will be far more expensive than advertised. To wit, CBO says the entitlement's health insurance subsidies will cost $1.13 trillion between 2012 and 2021, not $1.04 trillion, the prior estimate. This 8.6% jump is the result of revised assumptions, the so-called technical factors in CBO's budget model. The bill's total cost now stands at $1.445 trillion, according to another recent CBO estimate.

more at-

Review & Outlook: Unhappy Anniversary - WSJ.com

Obamacare is not free healthcare and what do you expect when 30 million more people are added to the healthcare system? Healthcare has risen because of the ecomony and not Obamacare. If you think Obamacare it bad, take a look at the GOP healthcare plan.:eusa_pray:
Anthems Blue Cross is LOWERING their rates.:eusa_hand:

Everything we on the right said is true. Worse care for more people instead of better care for everyone. Cost is much more than advertised. Shortage of doctors in the future is already happening. Doctor salaries will go down which is why enrollment is down in medical schools.

Obamacare is a disaster.

More fear mongering. Who do you think you are, a Nostradamus?:eusa_hand:
Doctors make too much money anyway and we have imported doctors and can import more. Enrollment is down in medical school because the tuition is too high and GOP has cut funding. Ask those who have been helped by Obamacare already and Obamacare has already save lives.
You sound like a spokesman for FOXNEWS.:eusa_liar:

OBAMACARE ONE YEAR OLD AND NO ARMAGEDDON.
WTF? No death panels, granny did not die for lack of care, private healthcare industry still operation, no rise in healthcare, (Anthems Blue Cross cut their rates) no longer waits in ER, have not damaged the economy, did not fire the first shot of war on doctors, no rationing of healthcare. We’ve already had rationed health care for years at the hands of the insurance companies who decide what treatments we may or may not receive.None of the fear mongering came true.

There are death panels and they are call "private healthcrare."

No children with pre-existing dropped, seniors did not fall in a prescription drug donut hole and a 50% cut in drugs, come 2014, there will no longer be a donut hole, lives already saved,1.2 million children able to stay on their parents healthcare plan, doctors will change and adjust their behavior to successfully navigate the battlefield, small businesses are taking advantage of the tax credits to provide employee with healthcare, Obamacare has protected those who have private healthcare, in a few years health care exchanges will force insurers to provide policies that people can actually afford, no American will be denied health insurance coverage because they have a serious pre-existing medical condition.

After a year there as much suport as not support. And there is so much more. They say it will cost too much – despite all the data, beginning with the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates, that tells us the law will save serious money and help put a real dent in the debt. Opposers would not be able to tell you that they’ve never had a procedure or test turned down by their health insurance company despite their physician’s judgment that such procedure or test was necessary. If that is not rationed health care I want someone to tell me what is.

If it’s so bad, and the RIGHT WING leaders want so badly to kill it, why can’t they come up with anything with which to replace it? Right want to preserve coverage for those with pre-existing medical conditions. How can that be done without mandated coverage or government involvement?

Damn girl

You sure write a lot just to make a simple point. Of course the neighbors helped. She was very sick and in a lot of pain. I don't know if you have ever been hospitalized, but the bills add up very fast and $100k for a short stay is not hard to do.
The neighbors did what we could, but not with that much money at stake. They went through over $200 k before losing their house.

They were not looking for a free ride, they did not want a government handout. They wanted to be able to buy insurance like anyone else. They were blocked because of pre-existing conditions

It's a shame that this country let it happen

If ONE neighbor had organized an ad hoc charitable organization, every penny the each person had contributed would have been tax deductible.

"It's a shame that this country let it happen."
Astounding comment.

I have no doubt that, were she still alive, Jeane Kirkpatrick would have awarded you (dis)honorary membership in the club she named the 'blame America first.'

Um yes...

I do blame America for sitting by idly while our healthcare system deteriorated. It is the mindset of I got mine....you worry about your own

The idea of passing the hat as a solution to the nations healthcare woes is quite original. I would keep it to myself.

1. OK, you've made it eminently clear, you don't find it to be your responsibility to help those in need...merely to complain that the 'govenment' doesn't do enough.

2. I get it! lifting a finger is not your responsibility.

3.Contrary to the Lefties, (if the shoe fits....), the United States has the best healthcare in the world.
How can I support that?

Many people die for reasons that can’t be controlled the medical profession, such as auto accidents, murder, etc., and once you factor out care crashes and homicides, the US ranks number one in worldwide life expectancy!

“One often-heard argument, voiced by the New York Times' Paul Krugman and others, is that America lags behind other countries in crude health outcomes. But such outcomes reflect a mosaic of factors, such as diet, lifestyle, drug use and cultural values. It pains me as a doctor to say this, but health care is just one factor in health.

In The Business of Health, Robert Ohsfeldt and John Schneider factor out intentional and unintentional injuries from life-expectancy statistics and find that Americans who don't die in car crashes or homicides outlive people in any other Western country.And if we measure a health care system by how well it serves its sick citizens, American medicine excels.
Dave Petno | On Freedom

4. " ...passing the hat as a solution to the nations healthcare woes is quite original..."
Although I can understand your premise, "always leave 'em laughin'..." this falls as flat as your other excuses.

It happens to be far from original: people of faith, traditional folks, and just all around well intentioned individuals have always been there for each other....feeling on the outside looking in?

5. "On January 6, 1657 twenty-eight “Scottish men” signed the Laws Rules and Order of the Poor Boxes Society” in Boston, New England and formed the Scots’ Charitable Society. The founder stated that “…our benevolence is for the releefe of our selves being Scottishmen or for any of the Scottish nation whome we may see cause to helpe…”[1] Almost 350 years later this dedication to benevolent acts continues to guide the work of the Scots’ Charitable Society.

In 1841, when the members of the Society marched in the Boston funeral procession in honor of President Harrison, the Society was recognized as the oldest charitable society in the United States. Among the Boston organizations that marched only the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company, founded in 1638, was older. The next oldest Boston society was the Irish Charitable Society which was founded in 1737. [2] Today the Society remains the oldest charitable organization in the United States."
Scots' Charitable Society of Boston

I gues the idea isn't so original, huh?

See, you did leave 'em laughin'!

Everything we on the right said is true. Worse care for more people instead of better care for everyone. Cost is much more than advertised. Shortage of doctors in the future is already happening. Doctor salaries will go down which is why enrollment is down in medical schools.

Obamacare is a disaster.

More fear mongering. Who do you think you are, a Nostradamus?:eusa_hand:
Doctors make too much money anyway and we have imported doctors and can import more. Enrollment is down in medical school because the tuition is too high and GOP has cut funding. Ask those who have been helped by Obamacare already and Obamacare has already save lives.
You sound like a spokesman for FOXNEWS.:eusa_liar:

"Doctors make too much money anyway..."

I'll let this one go....call it triage.

Skyrocketing costs. The White House report warns that "health care costs have risen rapidly over the last two decades and are projected to rise even more rapidly in the future." The truth is that health-care spending is increasing at more moderate rates than in previous decades. Spending increased by 10% in 1970 and 13% in 1980. But over the last five years, spending increased less than 7% each year, and reached a low of 6% in 2007. It's true that premiums are increasing rapidly. But the White House report incorrectly blames health costs. The real cause is the declining share of care paid for out of pocket (down to 15% today from 33% in 1975). Auto-insurance premiums would also skyrocket if coverage suddenly included oil changes and tune-ups.
http://www.defendyourhealthcare.us/images/WSJ_-_Obamas_Voodoo_Health_Economics_060509_.pdf

Enact TORT reform...and watch it go down.

Actually, T, I'm going with dropping mandates as the big cost saver:

COVERAGE MANDATES: "WE'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED"

Insurance coverage mandates refer to the restrictions each state sets on which type of policy can be sold legally within that market. For example, fourteen states now require all insurance plans sold to cover infertility treatments, regardless of the patient's need or desire for these services. Other states ban the sale of insurance plans unless they include coverage for massage therapy, obesity surgery, pastoral care, and wigs.

Needle-phobic consumers cannot buy plans without acupuncture coverage, and teetotalers must pay for plans that include inpatient drug rehabilitation, says Dr. Linda Halderman, a General Surgeon and policy adviser in the California State Senate.

What effect do mandates have on the cost of health insurance?
According to the National Center for Policy Analysis, just 12 of the most common insurance mandates currently in place raise premium rates by as much as 30 percent.

The State of California forces over 50 such mandates on the employer-provided (group) insurance market, but not on individual plans; consequently, it costs three times more for California employers to offer insurance than if a plan is privately purchased.

In mandate-heavy states, consumers are denied the option of buying low-cost, basic health insurance plans to cover major illness or injury. They cannot choose to save money by paying out of pocket for ten-dollar pneumococcus pneumonia vaccines and ninety-dollar mammograms, thereby reserving health insurance for significant expenses, explains Halderman.

In those states, insurance is not insurance at all -- it is expensive, prepaid health care. In other words, when Hummers and Ferraris are the only vehicles sold, people on Toyota budgets can't afford transportation, says Halderman.
Source: Linda Halderman, "Senate's Solution: Consumer Choice Is Dead on Arrival," American Thinkers, December 16, 2009.
American Thinker: Senate's Solution: Consumer Choice Is Dead on Arrival

Another example of coersion by the statist-collectivists.

Notice, this savings solution was never brought up in even the limited discussions of Obamaare....Why?
It's not about either healthcare, or about savings, but about control.

Very true. No dispute. My point is that TORT must be part of it. People scream about excessive Doctor's fees...Doctors must buy insurance to protect themselves against malpractice.

Enact TORT reform...and watch it go down.

Insurance coverage mandates refer to the restrictions each state sets on which type of policy can be sold legally within that market. For example, fourteen states now require all insurance plans sold to cover infertility treatments, regardless of the patient's need or desire for these services. Other states ban the sale of insurance plans unless they include coverage for massage therapy, obesity surgery, pastoral care, and wigs.

Needle-phobic consumers cannot buy plans without acupuncture coverage, and teetotalers must pay for plans that include inpatient drug rehabilitation, says Dr. Linda Halderman, a General Surgeon and policy adviser in the California State Senate.

According to the National Center for Policy Analysis, just 12 of the most common insurance mandates currently in place raise premium rates by as much as 30 percent.

The State of California forces over 50 such mandates on the employer-provided (group) insurance market, but not on individual plans; consequently, it costs three times more for California employers to offer insurance than if a plan is privately purchased.

In mandate-heavy states, consumers are denied the option of buying low-cost, basic health insurance plans to cover major illness or injury. They cannot choose to save money by paying out of pocket for ten-dollar pneumococcus pneumonia vaccines and ninety-dollar mammograms, thereby reserving health insurance for significant expenses, explains Halderman.

In those states, insurance is not insurance at all -- it is expensive, prepaid health care. In other words, when Hummers and Ferraris are the only vehicles sold, people on Toyota budgets can't afford transportation, says Halderman.
Source: Linda Halderman, "Senate's Solution: Consumer Choice Is Dead on Arrival," American Thinkers, December 16, 2009.

Notice, this savings solution was never brought up in even the limited discussions of Obamaare....Why?

Very true. No dispute. My point is that TORT must be part of it. People scream about excessive Doctor's fees...Doctors must buy insurance to protect themselves against malpractice.

And I must buy insurance to pay the excessive Doctors fees

What is the common element here?

And I must buy insurance to pay the excessive Doctors fees

What is the common element here?

Seems that YOU have a vested interest...doesn't it? So why do you agree with Government Control? Seems to me that YOU should be willing to force those that bring lawsuits against a doctor to prove their case or if they lose? PAY all the costs for the proceedings.

I support moving toward a loser pays model for litigation, but doing so won't decrease healthcare costs.

Forum List

Back