Short summery of the year 5778 on the eve Rosh HaShana:

168,441 born
24,496 immigrants
41,165 passed away
61,181 marriages
24,868 divorces
833,553 passports issued
1,284,960 travel passports issued
Most common names among boys: general sector- Muhammad, Yo(u)sef, Ariel, 'Ome(a)r, Adam; Jewish sector- Ariel, David, Lavi, Ori, Yosef.
Most common names among girls: general sector- Tamar, Avigail, Mi(a)riam, Sarah, Adel; Jewish sector- Tamar Avigail, Ya'el, Adel, No'a.

Many highpoint moments during the passing year, for the good and the better.
This year was a loaded and special one for sure!
Either the 70th anniversary, Jerusalem building up, all the national projects, record breaking economy and tourism - there was something for everyone to get inspired.

I want to thank all the friends of Israel and the Jewish people, all my tribesmen on this forum, all the people who have respected me in sharing their personal story, all those with good intentions and true hearts.
Let us all be judged favorably for a sweet and peaceful year, full of calmness of spirit and joy from family and close ones.

Rosh HaShana is a sweet celebration, we eat sweet and full, no bitter, no sour, we wear white.
With that said these are also called the awful days, we must remember that the One who has been giving all this good is also searching through each of our intentions and deeds and remembers everything that fails to stay in our memory. For the good and the better. It's the most crucial period of the whole coming year when we can find extra strength and inspiration for forgiveness, search of soul and preparation of the vessel for the blessing of the whole year to come, upon all of Israel home and abroad.

This is the dramatic beauty of Rosh HaShana, both a happy and warm family celebration while experiencing an uneasy awakening of the soul to the awe in the standing of the whole situation at once.
This traditional piyyut expresses the fear of the public emissary, who is about to represent those who pray during the days of Judgment before Hashem, it is said after the Amidah, as a prelude to the repeat of the public emissary, in the morning and in the supplement of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. The emissary of the public is frightened and terrified of his standing in front of Hashem, who is described as a flame of fire burning around him angels, as a King sitting on the throne of Judgement, like a mighty King, like a hero who explodes and shutter rocks. Faced with these powers, the public emissary expresses his lowliness, his guilt and his desire to escape. Toward the end of the piyyut, he regains his composure and succeeds in asking G-d's forgiveness of the poor in the doorway, while relying on the merit of the forefathers. The piyut is replete with fragments of verses borrowed from 13 books from the Tanakh, as well as ancient Midrash and piyutim. Difficult to translate but sounds very beautiful and mesmerizing in Hebrew:

Hashem I've heard the hearing of You
I'm terrified Hashem
Hashem I've heard and I tremble,
The day You count and commend me Hashem
Remember for we are dust
Remember for we are dust

I'm terrified Hashem
Hashem King sitting on the Throne of Judgement, Hashem
Remember for we are dust
Remember for we are dust

I've heard and I tremble Hashem
Hashem answer the poor standing before You Hashem
Remember for we are dust
Remember for we are dust

Last edited:
Israel and Palestine

If you want to get your point across. Just shake my hand.

unnamed-1-1024x576.jpg

Friends!

168,441 born
24,496 immigrants
41,165 passed away
61,181 marriages
24,868 divorces
833,553 passports issued
1,284,960 travel passports issued
Most common names among boys: general sector- Muhammad, Yo(u)sef, Ariel, 'Ome(a)r, Adam; Jewish sector- Ariel, David, Lavi, Ori, Yosef.
Most common names among girls: general sector- Tamar, Avigail, Mi(a)riam, Sarah, Adel; Jewish sector- Tamar Avigail, Ya'el, Adel, No'a.

Many highpoint moments during the passing year, for the good and the better.
This year was a loaded and special one for sure!
Either the 70th anniversary, Jerusalem building up, all the national projects, record breaking economy and tourism - there was something for everyone to get inspired.

I want to thank all the friends of Israel and the Jewish people, all my tribesmen on this forum, all the people who have respected me in sharing their personal story, all those with good intentions and true hearts.
Let us all be judged favorably for a sweet and peaceful year, full of calmness of spirit and joy from family and close ones.

Rosh HaShana is a sweet celebration, we eat sweet and full, no bitter, no sour, we wear white.
With that said these are also called the awful days, we must remember that the One who has been giving all this good is also searching through each of our intentions and deeds and remembers everything that fails to stay in our memory. For the good and the better. It's the most crucial period of the whole coming year when we can find extra strength and inspiration for forgiveness, search of soul and preparation of the vessel for the blessing of the whole year to come, upon all of Israel home and abroad.

This is the dramatic beauty of Rosh HaShana, both a happy and warm family celebration while experiencing an uneasy awakening of the soul to the awe in the standing of the whole situation at once.
This traditional piyyut expresses the fear of the public emissary, who is about to represent those who pray during the days of Judgment before Hashem, it is said after the Amidah, as a prelude to the repeat of the public emissary, in the morning and in the supplement of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. The emissary of the public is frightened and terrified of his standing in front of Hashem, who is described as a flame of fire burning around him angels, as a King sitting on the throne of Judgement, like a mighty King, like a hero who explodes and shutter rocks. Faced with these powers, the public emissary expresses his lowliness, his guilt and his desire to escape. Toward the end of the piyyut, he regains his composure and succeeds in asking G-d's forgiveness of the poor in the doorway, while relying on the merit of the forefathers. The piyut is replete with fragments of verses borrowed from 13 books from the Tanakh, as well as ancient Midrash and piyutim. Difficult to translate but sounds very beautiful and mesmerizing in Hebrew:

I'm terrified Hashem
Hashem I've heard and I tremble,
The day You count and commend me Hashem
Remember for we are dust
Remember for we are dust

I'm terrified Hashem
Hashem King sitting on the Throne of Judgement, Hashem
Remember for we are dust
Remember for we are dust

I've heard and I tremble Hashem
Hashem answer the poor standing before You Hashem
Remember for we are dust
Remember for we are dust

Salute - cin-cin!

Piatto del giorno:

Lol what? Where'd that made up number come from?

Probably the same source that made up the number 2018. :funnyface::funnyface:
BUt then that person would have to be over 3,000 yea... eh nvm. Here’s to another 5,778 years of bloodshed and religious madness in the “holy” land :beer:

Why do you care when the Jewish people started counting years? Why is it better or worse than beginning a count at some other time? South Koreans count from 2333 BCE, making this year 4351. North Koreans count from 1912, making this year 106. So what?

BUt then that person would have to be over 3,000 yea... eh nvm. Here’s to another 5,778 years of bloodshed and religious madness in the “holy” land :beer:

Why do you care when the Jewish people started counting years? Why is it better or worse than beginning a count at some other time? South Koreans count from 2333 BCE, making this year 4351. North Koreans count from 1912, making this year 106. So what?
Lol those are just as stupid

Is there a dating system that you would see as not "stupid"? If so, why? And if they are all stupid, why bother to remark on it?

Is there a dating system that you would see as not "stupid"? If so, why? And if they are all stupid, why bother to remark on it?

The standard calendar of the world. Instead of using a silly, “special” one because you really want to be “different.”

The standard calendar of the world. Instead of using a silly, “special” one because you really want to be “different.”

"The standard calendar of the world"? What, pray tell, would THAT be?

I'm assuming you mean the Xtian calendar. Tell me, is it the "standard calendar" because using that event as the starting point for counting years less stupid? Or is it simply because a particular religious group was spectacularly effective at conquering the world and replacing indigenous, ancient systems (including their OWN native system) with their new mythology?

It comes from Jewish heritage.
We have 2 systems of numbering the months, we also count days from the evening, and have elongated 'pregnant' 13 months years every 2-3 cycles.

The number 5778, as anything else in Jewish thought is not taken at face value, neither is the question of time before men.

Your “ Savior” is over 2000 years old and has caused more then enough Blood Shed in the World. Apparently you are too stupid to know the difference. :fu:

Would You imagine the celebrations still going on?
There's so much holidays one get's confused easily...

Don't know 'bout You but I'v paied around 80$ for a single citrus...just to shake and weave it before Hashem.
The feasts are still going on, it's like 5 simultaneous celebrations in a period of a week, living in a desert tent, yes desert tents...kids looove it.
Next week, after this Shabbat additional round of celebrations, studies and feasts :) , we "renew" the Torah!

What a restart, what a beginning... make sure to be there!

200px-THE_HOLIDAY_OF_SUCCOT_IN_JERUSALEM.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back