Happy 4th!

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Just want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a great holiday weekend, regardless of your political leanings. Seems to me we all should be grateful for the country we live in and the people we share it with, even if we do not agree in the slightest with whatever they say or think. Our diversity can be a weakness but also a strength if we accept the other's right to their pov.

Pause for a moment and be thankful for the rights you have, there are a lot of other places where people do not have those freedoms that we take for granted. Do not do so, and remember that although those rights and freedoms are your birthright they must be protected and sometimes fought for. Certainly we have problems to resolve, we live in tough times and there are still inequalities to be addressed. But we have the power to do so, if we have the wisdom and courage and determination to make things right and better.

So, have a great 4th and I look forward to future debates and discussions with you all.

I don't live there, but Happy Independence Day anway. Or as some type, indapendance. The fact that kind and thoughtful people can share the same space with raving sociopaths shows that free speech isn't just a bumper sticker slogan. Most people in the world can't call their leaders traitorous communist fascists. Every time you shitcan Obama and/or Bush you're fulfilling the American dream.

Forum List

Back