Happy 4th July

Well, I'm working. The consolation is that we're in the penthouse in downtown and the fireworks get fired across the street from us....so the shell bursts are going to be eye level with me, a couple of hundred yards away.

I was working nights once in a downtown office building when we had a lunar eclipse. Everyone went up on the roof to watch it for awhile.

It was pretty cool.

I could go to the roof, but I'm scared enough of heights as it is. I don't mind the balcony that we have since it has 1' diameter steel as a railing waist high, but the roof has only a shin-high ledge running the perimeter. No thanks, I'll go to the balcony. Yeah, I'm chicken :razz:

Nice thing about the roof is that you don't have to go to the edge to see the fireworks. :)

I was out on a boat today in the islands of British Columbia when we came upon hundreds of bald eagles swooping from the sky and catching fish out of the water. It was absolutely amazing. Quite the 4th of July.

I was out on a boat today in the islands of British Columbia when we came upon hundreds of bald eagles swooping from the sky and catching fish out of the water. It was absolutely amazing. Quite the 4th of July.

I didn't go on the boat but we were at the lake today, I just love it there. Yours sounds like an especially beautiful day.

:clap2:

I wish I'd seen that.

Happy 4th everyone!
I had a good day, family had it's annual Golf Tournament, I won the women's longest drive so that was pretty cool. We had a family picnic afterwords and then instead of going down to see the city fireworks where about 50,000 other people go to we went out to a community by a big lake here and watched their fireworks which was in the baseball field. The fireworks were pretty good especially before since it is a different county and they can actually set fireworks off even though they did have a fire out there.
My son was alittle scared but by the end he was saying "WOW" as they went off. Let's hope he sleeps in tomorrow.

May I take this opportunity to wish all you guys over there, a happy July the Fourth. Have a great one!

Best wishes
Bootneck

Thanks! Coming from a British Military Guy, double thank you! ;)

Happy 4th everyone!
I had a good day, family had it's annual Golf Tournament, I won the women's longest drive so that was pretty cool. We had a family picnic afterwords and then instead of going down to see the city fireworks where about 50,000 other people go to we went out to a community by a big lake here and watched their fireworks which was in the baseball field. The fireworks were pretty good especially before since it is a different county and they can actually set fireworks off even though they did have a fire out there.
My son was alittle scared but by the end he was saying "WOW" as they went off. Let's hope he sleeps in tomorrow.

How long was your drive?

Happy 4th everyone!

How long was your drive?
Only about 150, I used my 3 wood. Everything else I was slicing with expect my pitching wedge. Luckly it was best ball.

Happy 4th everyone!

How long was your drive?
Only about 150, I used my 3 wood. Everything else I was slicing with expect my pitching wedge. Luckly it was best ball.

Last two good balls I hit was when I trod on a rake in the sand trap!

May I take this opportunity to wish all you guys over there, a happy July the Fourth. Have a great one!

Best wishes
Bootneck
Character shines through in moments like these.

I wish to thank you for your well wishes and pray that we always remain, allies.

Last two good balls I hit was when I trod on a rake in the sand trap!
LUckly I didn't go into any sand traps yesterday just other fairways.:lol: I did go into the water once but I hit it strait.

I find that if I aim for the water I usually miss it.

Forum List

Back