Happy 40th birthday, Amtrak!

Amtrak makes money in the blue state routes. It loses money on the less-used red state routes.

First lesson, the red states, as usual, ruin everything for America

Second lesson, mass transit loses money, all over the world. It's infrastructure. Nations that aren't sliding into banana republic status are willing to pay for infrastructure.

Amtrak makes money in the blue state routes. It loses money on the less-used red state routes.

Second lesson, mass transit loses money, all over the world. It's infrastructure. Nations that aren't sliding into banana republic status are willing to pay for infrastructure.

As usual, you are so full of shit...

Amtrak Subsidies and Profits by Route

What banana republic could afford a gigantic white elephant like the French high speed rail system?

Infrastructure that loses money is infrastructure that isn't needed.

Liberals cry for fast and efficient in all arenas of life, yet cry foul when hydrocarbons are are involved.

Not only can they NOT have their cake and eat it too, they don't even know what their cake looks like... nor do they care.

Hydrocarbons... delivering cake since the early 19th Century.

I was only half-wrong. The blue state routes mostly lose money too, but they lose less money than the red state routes.

And, of course, I'm right that modern nations support their infrastructure. Need we talk about how much cash is spent on building highways and supporting air travel? Amtrak is a drop in the bucket in comparison.

Amtrak and the Postal Service... getting people and shit where it needs to go for dollars on the penny. :thup:

You mean the postal service mandated by the US Constitution?

Figures you'd hate it. Probably for that reason.

Meanwhile, let me know when FedEx or UPS will give me 2-day delivery on a box for $5.80. You seem to hate efficiency as well.

I was only half-wrong. The blue state routes mostly lose money too, but they lose less money than the red state routes.

And, of course, I'm right that modern nations support their infrastructure. Need we talk about how much cash is spent on building highways and supporting air travel? Amtrak is a drop in the bucket in comparison.

Does it matter? The private bus carriers make money on these route, no need to pay money on routes that lose money and take longer. The bus system is working, the Amtrak is a big loser.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Does it matter? The private bus carriers make money on these route, no need to pay money on routes that lose money and take longer. The bus system is working, the Amtrak is a big loser.

The bus system is subsidized by highways that the government pays for.

And the buses pay taxes every time they fuel up. The are also not taking more and more tax money, like Amtrak who treats you like dirt, charges $10 for a sandwich that could be bought from a machine for $2. It also takes longer to get from point A to point B on Amtrak. If you want a sleeper? It cost more than a airline ticket.

Sorry, it's time to use the buses, and get the boondoggle off the rails and let the freight trains use them.

And when buses are losing money, we don't have to pay billions to keep them afloat. Like you precious Amtrak, that would be out of business if it didn't get supported by the taxpayer. That gets treated like crap when they ride the ancient train.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Last edited:
Because AMTRAK is dysfunctional on many routes, is no reason to abandon high speed trains, that have been successful everywhere they've been used. I loved riding trains here in the US as a child, and rediscovered it in Europe.

Because AMTRAK is dysfunctional on many routes, is no reason to abandon high speed trains, that have been successful everywhere they've been used. I loved riding trains here in the US as a child, and rediscovered it in Europe.

It's the same train that you road as a child is the exact trains they run know. They have taken billions upon billions of our tax dollars and haven't upgraded or bought new cars.

In fact if you are running on a track next to the freeway, you can watch buses pass you by.

Huge waste of money, however if folks like you want to keep it, go ahead and donate to it, keep tax dollars away from this mess.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back