Happy 222 Years!

It is a shame that so many citizens don't know, much less care about the Constitution, and what it truly means for this Republic.

We should revive the Constitutionalists thread. I tried, but no takers.

Of course, you know what that would mean. :evil:

There should be more respectful constitutional discussions on here. It rarely gets the treatment it deserves.

You referring to "The Constitutionalist Only" thread ? If so, that thread has had replies today

It is a shame that so many citizens don't know, much less care about the Constitution, and what it truly means for this Republic.

We should revive the Constitutionalists thread. I tried, but no takers.

Of course, you know what that would mean. :evil:

There should be more respectful constitutional discussions on here. It rarely gets the treatment it deserves.

You referring to "The Constitutionalist Only" thread ? If so, that thread has had replies today

Yes, it has. Three. Two of them mine. :eusa_angel:

My point exactly.
The meaning and application of the Supreme Law of the United States, or the Tempest in a Teapot du jour? Decisions, decisions....:rolleyes:

The Tempest in a Teapot du jour? I don't even know what that is today. I'll have to go cruise the active topics and see what has at least 5 of the threads.

But we're hijacking Annie's thread. :eusa_whistle:

What? You want more School House Rocks? Ok.

Going for popular:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo]YouTube - Conjunction Junction[/ame]

One of my favs, even though the geography leaves a bit to be desired. ;):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQA5NDNkUM&feature=related]YouTube - Schoolhouse Rock - The Shot Heard 'Round the World[/ame]

Last edited:
Good on you for talking with the kids about the Constitution Annie. If any of them give you grief about it, I will give them "what for" for you. I love to talk Constitution.

I bought the Schoolhouse Rocks DVD for my kids.
They got to learn the Preamble just like I did. :thup:

LOL! I make the 7th graders recite-for grade. Now I find about 4 reasons to use it in the 6th grade curriculum, this week being the first. Before we 'hit' constitution they hear it again multiple times. Every year about an 8th of the class comes to me to recite and begin, then say, "I can sing it!" My reply, "Ok, belt it out for me." :lol:

You are a good parent! I think School House Rocks is an underutilized tool in our arsenal. I actually use it to introduce units of study.

LOL! I make the 7th graders recite-for grade. Now I find about 4 reasons to use it in the 6th grade curriculum, this week being the first. Before we 'hit' constitution they hear it again multiple times. Every year about an 8th of the class comes to me to recite and begin, then say, "I can sing it!" My reply, "Ok, belt it out for me." :lol:

Nothing wrong with that! :lol:
I still find myself singing it in my head. The alphabet sometimes too. :redface:

Nothing wrong with that! :lol:
I still find myself singing it in my head. The alphabet sometimes too. :redface:

I hear you! I'm basically deaf, yet when trying to figure out the number of days in a month...

You are a good parent! I think School House Rocks is an underutilized tool in our arsenal. I actually use it to introduce units of study.

That makes a lot of sense. It gets the basic concepts in their heads, starts their interest, then you can talk more about it. Of course, my kids just started kindergarten this year. More of their questions are about what some of the words mean than anything. Oh well, vocabulary building is good too. And 5 is a little yhoung to be contemplating the nature of a Federal Republic. ;)

Forum List

Back