Happy 100th Lucy!

lilbug

Jul 13, 2011
Lucille Ball of "I Love Lucy' would have been 100 today!

This is the famous candy conveyer belt scene with her and Ethel...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uztA6JCKB4s]‪I Love Lucy - The Candy Wrapping Job‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O3HZzOWh4E&feature=fvst]‪Lucille Ball: A Tribute‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

She was a real beauty when she was a younger woman.

I never really cared for her kind of humor but I don't doubt I saw all her earlier shows when I was a kid.

She was a real beauty when she was a younger woman.

I never really cared for her kind of humor but I don't doubt I saw all her earlier shows when I was a kid.

She was considered one of greatest 'physical' comedians. I thought I saw that TV Land was going to be airing back-to-back episodes in the next couple of days where you might be able to see some of her earlier stuff.

She was a great comedian, I like editech did not like her bent of comedy.

I really think it was the restrictions on her charactors because of the times.

Women had to be subserviant to their Hubbies in public society.

Her charactor ( out of what the public would accept I bet) left me unsympathetic for her charactor.

She was awsome at what she did.

It just did not flip my switch.

I would love to have seen what she would have done with our times where women are just barely allowed to be a full blown equal edge pusher like the men.

She was considered one of greatest 'physical' comedians. I thought I saw that TV Land was going to be airing back-to-back episodes in the next couple of days where you might be able to see some of her earlier stuff.

Quoting myself here.. :razz: I was incorrect...the back-to-back episodes are being shown on the Hallmark channel.

She was actually a very good businesswoman.Desilu studios was a powerhouse in it's day

She was actually a very good businesswoman.Desilu studios was a powerhouse in it's day

As I said , Intelligent.

Someone once said that if you went to Vegas and spent $200 at least $50 of it went to Lucy. I forget where I heard that.......But she was very very wealthy..........

She was a great comedian, I like editech did not like her bent of comedy.

I really think it was the restrictions on her charactors because of the times.

Women had to be subserviant to their Hubbies in public society.

Her charactor ( out of what the public would accept I bet) left me unsympathetic for her charactor.

She was awsome at what she did.

It just did not flip my switch.

I would love to have seen what she would have done with our times where women are just barely allowed to be a full blown equal edge pusher like the men.

She did live off her Lucy character for too long. Lucy jumped the shark long before Desi left. She soaked it well into the 70s when comedy had changed

Last edited:
It is amazing to me just how much some women will invest in things... to the point that their lives are drained even and yet get criticized for reaping the benefits and rewards. Sometimes believe it or not some of us deserve to be compensated! The rumors about her relationship/marriage with Desi may have just been rumors but true or not there was so much about her that was important to America. She represented so much that kept many women grounded without being defeated. She was iconic for necessary reasons. *heart*

I used to love Lucy when I was a kid. I was born in 1953, so I was just the right age for
all the great American TV comedy of that time. I never missed Mr Ed, The Beverley Hillbillys,
Gilligan's Island, Petticoat Junction, and of course Lucy. I know much of these programmes
look a bit silly now - but at the time I thought they were great. Lucy was laugh out loud
funny with the scrapes she and Ethel got into.

Forum List

Back