Happiness in Islam

...The OP talks about achieving 'Happiness' through Islam, insinuating that Islam is the ONLY way of succeeding. I merely stated (through a feigned question) that 'happiness' is purported to be attainable through both Christianity and Judaism as well. I wanted to know if the OP was willing to acknowledge that fact.
I don't see any insinuation other than Islam can provide a path to happiness. Certainly not anymore than other religions insinuate.

...The OP talks about achieving 'Happiness' through Islam, insinuating that Islam is the ONLY way of succeeding. I merely stated (through a feigned question) that 'happiness' is purported to be attainable through both Christianity and Judaism as well. I wanted to know if the OP was willing to acknowledge that fact.
I don't see any insinuation other than Islam can provide a path to happiness. Certainly not anymore than other religions insinuate.

It seems to me that you have not had the opportunity of learning much about islam.
It IS Islamic partyline that the ONLY way to
happiness is islam----either by being born a muslim, "reverting to islam" or the least effective ----happily accepting Islamic rule. I agree that just about all religions "insinuate" that IT IS THE WAY----theoretically. However, in general, at least in the USA-----Sunday school teachers do not
stress the idea to six year olds that EVERYONE WANTS, DEPERATELY, TO BE A SOUTHERN BAPTIST----OR, AT LEAST RULED BY THE BAPTIST CHURCH. to the point that six year olds ANNOUNCE as such in every playground and continue to do so into old age

...... hubby was born in a shariah shit hole ...... When each IDs his background-----the muslim INVARIABLY states something like
"OH-----YOUR PEOPLE WERE VERY HAPPY LIVING THERE"
A bit like the Afro-American, "Once you've had a black man, you'll never go back to white men again." Well, I've dated both black and white women who previously had relationships with black men. Duh.

It seems to me that you have not had the opportunity of learning much about islam....
Untrue, but I can see why my disagreeing with you must be very upsetting.

I am not upset about your disagreeing----with what do you disagree? (out of curiosity)
That, according to you, I haven't had the opportunity to learn much about Islam. Why do you think so? Because I disagreed with you?

No. because by your statement you seem to say that people of all the different faiths have the SAME sense of "ours is the ONLY way for all the world" as do muslims. I disagree with THAT idea. It was achmadinejad who stated---IN THE UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY ..no less---"ISLAM IS THE RELIGION FOR THE WORLD" I knew that----since I have encountered muslims long before achmadinejad stood up in the UN to announce "I AM NUTS". Even the muslim teenagers I knew when I was a kid KNEW IT. The Hindus did not "know" that HINDUISM is the "RELIGION FOR THE WORLD" <<< THAT is a basic principle of life with which muslims are inculcated from birth along with the idea that societies invaded by muslims are DELIGHTED to be subjugated

John 14:16 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2 Timothy 4:17 -- Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Definition of INSINUATE
a : to introduce (as an idea) gradually or in a subtle, indirect, or covert way <insinuate doubts into a trusting mind>
b : to impart or suggest in an artful or indirect way : imply <I resent what you're insinuating
>

Personally, I think Muhammad plagiarized a lot of the Quran, but then many claim Moses plagiarized from older religions.

That, according to you, I haven't had the opportunity to learn much about Islam. Why do you think so? Because I disagreed with you?
In addition to what rosie's already said, I'd like to say flat out that you are wrong. In Judaism, for example, the meaning of "The Chosen People" is almost always tweaked by non-Jews. Being 'chosen' means that they have accepted to live according to the Orthodox law. All non-Jews (according to Orthodox Judaism) need only follow the ten commandments to attain favour with God, while the Orthodox Jew is burdened with a multitude of "do's & don'ts".

NOTE:
This means that non-Jews are OK with God, which is in contrary to your statement.

John 14:16 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2 Timothy 4:17 -- Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Definition of INSINUATE
a : to introduce (as an idea) gradually or in a subtle, indirect, or covert way <insinuate doubts into a trusting mind>
b : to impart or suggest in an artful or indirect way : imply <I resent what you're insinuating
>

Personally, I think Muhammad plagiarized a lot of the Quran, but then many claim Moses plagiarized from older religions.

Muhammad could neither read nor write. It is not clear to me that Moses wrote the entire book known as "the torah"----the first five books of the thing commonly called the "old testament". As to Plagiarism-----it seems to me that the first five books were derived from-----various writings. I am not sure that is PLAGIARISM---some people compiled ancient writings

Definition of INSINUATE
>
FIRST. Unfortunately, your knowledge of general religion is as poor as your English comprehension. The OP opened this thread on "how to" attain happiness through Islam. If the OP were witnessing the glory of God's grace then he would have offered a "how to" achieve happiness through religion/God. He could have even restricted himself to a "how to" attain happiness through the monolithic God, including Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. The OP didn't do that. He chose to preach Islam, alone. Ignoring (for the moment) your poor understanding of of general religion and English comprehension, do you at least see that the word insinuate fulfills the requirements of your own quoted definition above?

SECOND. I offered the OP an opportunity of clarifying himself .... just in case I had misjudged him. Your interference indicates that you might like to "head him off at the pass" before he can respond to my question. It's really, really, really interesting to know what you think his answer will be, but I'd kind of like for him to answer my question himself. Would that be alright with you?

In addition to what rosie's already said, I'd like to say flat out that you are wrong. ...
Thanks for your opinion, but your support for one religion while attacking another religion proves my point. Have a really Blessed Day!

Muhammad could neither read nor write. It is not clear to me that Moses wrote the entire book known as "the torah"----the first five books of the thing commonly called the "old testament". As to Plagiarism-----it seems to me that the first five books were derived from-----various writings. I am not sure that is PLAGIARISM---some people compiled ancient writings
Doesn't mean Muhammad didn't have scribes.

What are the first five books of the Bible?
The first five books of the Bible are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Collectively, they are called the Pentateuch or the Torah. According to Jewish and Christian oral tradition, they were dictated to Moses by God, and scholars believe they were written by multiple authors over centuries.

Call it "lifting old stories and calling them your own" then.

...Unfortunately, your knowledge of general religion is as poor as your English comprehension. ...
Thanks for the drama and the insults. Your continuing to assert the righteousness of your religion over all others is just a bonus. :)

In addition to what rosie's already said, I'd like to say flat out that you are wrong. ...
Thanks for your opinion, but your support for one religion while attacking another religion proves my point. Have a really Blessed Day!
OH MY GOD! On top of everything else .... you're illiterate too!
You think my reply is in "support for one religion while attacking another religion"!
crazy-6_files.gif

.... Your continuing to assert the righteousness of your religion over all others is just a bonus.
"My religion"? What religion might that be?
crazy-14_files.gif

The first five books of the Bible are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Collectively, they are called the Pentateuch or the Torah. According to Jewish and Christian oral tradition, they were dictated to Moses by God, and scholars believe they were written by multiple authors over centuries.

It is not clear to me that MOSES said-----"I wrote all of this stuff myself" or even "I was in my tent one day and an ANGEL dictated to me" According to the KORAN ITSELF------Muhummad himself said----"an angel (specifically GABRIEL---the same one that Jacob encountered on the LADDER TO HEAVEN) dictated---word for word---the Koran, to me "

In addition to what rosie's already said, I'd like to say flat out that you are wrong. In Judaism, for example, the meaning of "The Chosen People" is almost always tweaked by non-Jews. Being 'chosen' means that they have accepted to live according to the Orthodox law. All non-Jews (according to Orthodox Judaism) need only follow the ten commandments to attain favour with God, while the Orthodox Jew is burdened with a multitude of "do's & don'ts".

NOTE:
This means that non-Jews are OK with God, which is in contrary to your statement.

to the above----I will add-----Glasnost is not here for the purpose of TOUTING HIS RELIGION------the old lion is here as a proselytizer

OH MY GOD! On top of everything else .... you're illiterate too!
You think my reply is in "support for one religion while attacking another religion"!
crazy-6_files.gif

"My religion"? What religion might that be?
crazy-14_files.gif
Assholology? Atheism? Anything but Islam?

Last edited:
I am a gay, cross dressing, guy whose uses toilet paper with my right hand. Will Happiness in Islam work for me?
The answer is "No!". A good Moslem does not use toilet paper. Only water and finger tips.
Butt I pick my nose with the fingers of my left hand.

Point is Happiness in Islam will only work if one marches lock step with the edicts of some arcane belief system.

Butt??

:)

Forum List

Back