Happily married?????

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
Two women I met; One said she'd been married almost 50 years when her husband died of Alzheimer's. Said she'd never remarry because she would never be able to love anyone like she did her Roy, even tho' she's friends with a gentleman. Said it was JUST for COMPANIONSHIP.

The other woman lost her husband last September ('03) after 54 YEARS of marriage. She is TRULY sad.

This is a rarity. Especially today. Why? Are we so selfish or self-centered? Are we unwilling to work things out? Sacrafice? Communicate? Things are not great but why 'rock the boat' ; it could be WORSE.

So we stay. Why? Afraid to be alone? Won't find someone else? Hate that dating thing? (& yes, children) Again, things could be worse.

I think Paul & Linda McCartney were truly happy. They only spent one night apart in all their years of marriage. Of course, when you're a billionaire that's possible. But he's the one who put her on stage with him. And Linda was NOT a musician!

I know a couple who both are happy in their marriage after almost 30 years. Truly happy. She crafts. And he is soooo proud of her. Never hesitates in telling people what she does. And he builds things for her & travels with her & helps. And it's not like he doesn't have a good job. It's GOOD. And it's not that they haven't had their problems.

SO, Is it just luck? A special formula? A secret only some of us are privy to?

Joz said:
SO, Is it just luck? A special formula? A secret only some of us are privy to?

It's luck, hard work, tolerance, committment and a sense of humor.

Good thing my wife has all of these because I'm a complete zero.

Merlin1047 said:
1. It's luck, hard work, tolerance, committment and a sense of humor.

2. Good thing my wife has all of these because I'm a complete zero.

1. Agreed

2. Yes, it is AND we all know better

I also notice you didn't post anything in the humor forum thread, "trials of marriage". Maybe your wife should be the one posting there? :poke:

Forum List

Back