Hanson: ME Gives So Little, Demands So Much

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://victordavishanson.pajamasmedia.com/2006/10/22/middle_east_madness.php

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    It's down right scarey because its soooo true!

3. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Terrific article. But the Left defies this logic because it does not fit with their obsession to defeat Bush. They want to run from our enemies. They have no strength of character in the face of adversity. They do not even understand the concept. They want to teach our enemies that America is a sociological weakling; the sooner, the better. From what I have read, we had more determination and greater staying power in Vietnam, than we currently are displaying at home about Iraq. And we lost that war. Big time. Our enemies know the score. All they have to do is wait and spill atrocities across our television screens. And then America will do the rest. It will defeat itself. It is not the situation in Iraq that is so debilitating and depressing. Rather, it is the psychological situation in America. Our enemies have us figured out. The majority of Americans have almost zero patience and are psychologically weak. Would the “The Greatest Generation,” have had the staying power necessary to win, if WW2 had lasted ten years instead of three and a half? A generation of civilian Americans failed our ideals and our soldiers in Vietnam. Increasingly, it seems we are about to replicate that pathetic failure of national conscience and will in Iraq. I hope I am wrong.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    You have nailed it....