Hanson-Europeans Butting In

Travis,

The Islamists want to kill us (non muslim infidels in the west) just because we are non muslim infidels in the west! While they may use troops in their "holy lands" or our support for Israel as one of their justifications for mass murder, you have to look no further then the Koran for alot of their inspiration. :terror:

JIHADTHIS said:
Travis,

The Islamists want to kill us (non muslim infidels in the west) just because we are non muslim infidels in the west! While they may use troops in their "holy lands" or our support for Israel as one of their justifications for mass murder, you have to look no further then the Koran for alot of their inspiration. :terror:

Well said! Has nothing to do with out being in SA, which we're not, or anywhere else in ME. They have called for a Holy War, way before 9/11.

Tpahl:

I like you. I think you're a smart guy. But, I think it's a bit overboard to suggest that Kathianne was flaming you. I have always found her to be an unfailingly thoughtful and decent person.

I think "flaming" refers to saying stuff about your mom, or your proclivities, or things like that.

tpahl said:
No. I am just listenting to the specific reasons the terrorists have given for their acts over and over again, looked at the world around me to see if these reasons make sense, looked at other reasons given, looked to see if they seem reasonable, and concluded that it is much more probably they hate us for our troops in their holy lands, embargoes on their people, and support of their enemies, than the other list of reasons given.

I have never heard one terrorists yet say they hate us for our freedom. I have not seen one suicide bomber attack us because of our western culture. To claim those are the reasons just does not seem to jive with the world around me. You may disagree, but it is not dilusional.

Also...

Hey, if you think this was flaming, take it up with jimnyc. I have a right to post my thoughts. This is flaming: :finger:

musicman said:
Tpahl:

I like you. I think you're a smart guy. But, I think it's a bit overboard to suggest that Kathianne was flaming you. I have always found her to be an unfailingly thoughtful and decent person.

I think "flaming" refers to saying stuff about your mom, or your proclivities, or things like that.

Thank you. In education jargon, tpahl and I seem to have a personality conflict going here! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JIHADTHIS said:
Travis,

So why do they attack us and not lets say switzerland?

Travis

Kathianne said:
Well said! Has nothing to do with out being in SA, which we're not, or anywhere else in ME. They have called for a Holy War, way before 9/11.
We were in the middle east long before 9/11. And it has everything to do with troops being in Saudi Arabia (which there were for a decade preceding 9/11. The terrorists were even kind enough to state that many times before and after attacking us. But you and our presidents have chosen to ignore it.

Travis

tpahl said:
So why do they attack us and not lets say switzerland?

Travis

because the Swiss don't have the influence on the world we do. If they don't like our culture, don't adopt it.

It will only be a matter of time before the Swiss, Swedes, Fins, etc. will face their own terrorism. Don't be so stupid.

freeandfun1 said:
because the Swiss don't have the influence on the world we do. If they don't like our culture, don't adopt it.

It will only be a matter of time before the Swiss, Swedes, Fins, etc. will face their own terrorism. Don't be so stupid.

Or perhaps it is because the swiss are do not have troops in the mid east, do not support their enemies and do not embargo thier people. Just a though. And please do not call me stupid.

Travis

tpahl said:
Or perhaps it is because the swiss are do not have troops in the mid east, do not support their enemies and do not embargo thier people. Just a though. And please do not call me stupid.

Travis

Yes, they let other countries do their fighting. How noble.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes, they let other countries do their fighting. How noble.

No, they do not get involved in things that do not concern them. The point of a military is to DEFEND ones nation. Attacking foriegn countries that pose no threat, increases rather than decreases the risk to a country. Switzerland understands this and has enjoy centuries of relative peace in a continent plagued by war.

tpahl said:
No, they do not get involved in things that do not concern them. The point of a military is to DEFEND ones nation. Attacking foriegn countries that pose no threat, increases rather than decreases the risk to a country. Switzerland understands this and has enjoy centuries of relative peace in a continent plagued by war.

So the reason you don't move to Switzerland?

Kathianne said:
So the reason you don't move to Switzerland?

I would rather save america from the grasp of the two big government parties. America was once a great union of states built around the idea of limited government. I still feel there is a chance to return to that.

Travis

Forum List

Back