'Hanoi John'

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
A House Republican and Vietnam veteran yesterday referred to the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee as "Hanoi John."

Rep. Sam Johnson of Texas joined several Republicans yesterday in marking the 33rd anniversary of John Kerry's testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in which he charged that atrocities were committed by American soldiers in Vietnam.

"On this day in 1971, John Kerry showed his true colors, and they are not red, white and blue," said Mr. Johnson, who was captured and held prisoner by the North Vietnamese.

"Before the Senate, before America, and before the world, he blasted our nation, chastised our troops and hurt our morale," Mr. Johnson said. "Is it any wonder that my comrades from Vietnam and I have a nickname for him similar to 'Hanoi Jane.'

"It's called 'Hanoi John.' "

Other House Republicans made similar comments in a series of floor speeches.

"Many veterans, including myself as a veteran, view John Kerry's testimony that day as one of the worst public slanders ever against the valor and character of the American military," said Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican.

"In a sad act of political theater, John Kerry accused American soldiers of rape, torture, murder, and even offered up comparisons to Genghis Khan," said Mr. Wilson, who noted that many of Mr. Kerry's sources and accusations have since been widely discredited. "The troops returned to unfair persecution. John Kerry owes them an apology."

Read the rest here:
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040422-110723-4274r.htm

See my whole problem with Kerry's war record is that he is trying to prop himself up using that while slandering George Bush's service as a Guardsman. He also only wants us to remember the fact that he went. Not the parts where he committed the atrocities that he claims. Or the Parts where he spoke hatefully against his own brothers in arms.

So he should have never tried to run as a war hero when he himself spoke out vehomently against the same war he claimed to be a hero in.

Forum List

Back