'Hanoi' J-Lo??? LOL

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
'Hanoi' J-Lo?

'Hanoi' Jane Fonda has attracted an unlikely disciple - none other than songbird-movie star Jennifer Lopez, who says she's turning to Fonda for political guidance.

Reports the San Francisco Examiner: "Jennifer Lopez told reporters she'd like to be more politically active and she is relying on her new buddy and 'Monster-In-Law' co-star Jane Fonda to point her in the right direction."

Lopez herself explained:
"Jane's been politically involved her whole life but I never have. [But] as you get older and you become more mature, you become more aware of the world around you."

Fonda sounds delighted to have new convert. Says J-Lo:

"[Jane told me] ‘When you're ready, call me and I'll tell you what's right and what's wrong, so you won't get yourself in any trouble.'"

Especially on foreign trips to enemy countries.

more...http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/4/16/123243.shtml

Thought we could use some humor this nice Saturday :D

musicman said:
What the hell is next - driving lessons from Ted Kennedy?

Gaffer and I both!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hey, his dog's name is Splash...so maybe ol' Teddy can bring him along to the swimming lessons!

"Jane's been politically involved her whole life but I never have. [But] as you get older and you become more mature, you become more aware of the world around you."

...and then....

"[Jane told me] ‘When you're ready, call me and I'll tell you what's right and what's wrong, so you won't get yourself in any trouble.'"

:wtf:?

So...you're aware of what's going on around you because you're getting older, but yet you need someone to tell you what to think?

Ugh.

musicman said:
What the hell is next - driving lessons from Ted Kennedy?
The world won't be a just place until that traitor goes to jail for a long, long time.

Gem said:
Hey, his dog's name is Splash...so maybe ol' Teddy can bring him along to the swimming lessons!

I was stunned the first time I heard this guy actually talk about his dog that he named "splash". Then when he complained about the "drowning feeling" that those terrorists might feel when being questioned it just tore my engineer's soul apart, the logic dump it must take to get to a place where after Chappaquiddick you name your dog splash and complain about drowning feelings that another might feel it disgusts me. When he speaks he makes me feel dirty.

At least Hanoi Jane apologized and realized that there is a problem, this guy just pours more oil onto the fire.

I had the same reaction, I was completely stunned that anyone would be so uncouth about such a sensitive issue. I have given it a bit of thought, and I really think it comes down to two ways of thinking. Either Ted Kennedy:

1) Is so clueless and out of it, whether it is due to alcoholism, old age, or stupidity, that he doesnt connect how things like a dog named, "Splash," and comments like, "a drowning feeling," might be thought to be in poor taste.

or

2) He is a Kennedy, and has spent his entire life with other people cleaning up his messes. He got out of killing Mary Jo Kopechne and out of so many other things that he really knows that he can do whatever he want because he has people to pick up the pieces and smooth over any rough spots.

Either way, I think he is pathetic. To not consider how your comments might hurt the family of the person you, at worst, killed, at best, left behind to die a terrible death, is disgusting.

Gem said:
I had the same reaction, I was completely stunned that anyone would be so uncouth about such a sensitive issue. I have given it a bit of thought, and I really think it comes down to two ways of thinking. Either Ted Kennedy:

1) Is so clueless and out of it, whether it is due to alcoholism, old age, or stupidity, that he doesnt connect how things like a dog named, "Splash," and comments like, "a drowning feeling," might be thought to be in poor taste.

or

2) He is a Kennedy, and has spent his entire life with other people cleaning up his messes. He got out of killing Mary Jo Kopechne and out of so many other things that he really knows that he can do whatever he want because he has people to pick up the pieces and smooth over any rough spots.

Either way, I think he is pathetic. To not consider how your comments might hurt the family of the person you, at worst, killed, at best, left behind to die a terrible death, is disgusting.

I think it is some of one and two with a big portion of 3.

3.) He keeps getting voted into office and therefore thinks most of the nation believes him innocent of any wrongdoing at Chappaquiddick or at any other period in his life regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Forum List

Back