Hannity

newpolitics

vegan atheist indy
Sep 27, 2008
Sean Hannity needs to relax. He had a show tonight dedicated ENTIRELY to defacing Obama in a slanderous, and spun-ridden manner. Fox had another hour called "Obama" where they basically pulled him apart for an hour, and try to find something that isn't there. He is a divisive and dangerous character, and am wondering what everyone's take on him is. I think he is dangerous. You don't see MSNBC dedicating ENTIRE hour-long segments to defacing every part of McCain, trying to mischaracterize him as a THREAT to this country, in the way they do to Obama. I think this is pretty unpatriotic of Fox, and especially Hannity to do, considering each canidate is entitled to their opinion of what this country should be, yet Fox treats Obama like he is a bad, awful guy for believing what he believes. Maddow and Oberman poke fun and use satire against McCain, but it is NOT on the same level as the near constant attack against Barack that you find on Fox, and ALWAYS about his past associations. I can't believe people don't see through this. God help us if the people who advocate this type of process see their canidate to the White House. I can't wait until, hopefully, Obama wins the White House. What will Hannity say then?

Last edited:
Sean Hannity needs to relax. He had a show tonight dedicated ENTIRELY to defacing Obama in a slanderous, and spun-ridden manner. Fox had another hour called "Obama" where they basically pulled him apart for an hour, and try to find something that isn't there. He is a divisive and dangerous character, and am wondering what everyone's take on him is. I think he is dangerous. You don't see MSNBC dedicating ENTIRE hour-long segments to defacing every part of McCain, trying to mischaracterize him as a THREAT to this country, in the way they do to Obama. I think this is pretty unpatriotic of Fox, and especially Hannity to do, considering each canidate is entitled to their opinion of what this country should be, yet Fox treats Obama like he is a bad, awful guy for believing what he believes. Maddow and Oberman poke fun and use satire against McCain, but it is NOT on the same level as the near constant attack against Barack that you find on Fox, and ALWAYS about his past associations. I can't believe people don't see through this. God help us if the people who advocate this type of process see their canidate to the White House. I can't wait until, hopefully, Obama wins the White House. What will Hannity say then?

It's not the first time they've done this, unfortunately. Gretta van Sustren did something earlier in the weekend about Obama associating himself with evil-doers. The good news is, nobody in their right minds would listen to the hate-filled garbage that FoxNews puts on.

It's not the first time they've done this, unfortunately. Gretta van Sustren did something earlier in the weekend about Obama associating himself with evil-doers. The good news is, nobody in their right minds would listen to the hate-filled garbage that FoxNews puts on.

Except the people who agree with Fox News and their views.

Except the people who agree with Fox News and their views.

Who would never vote for Obama to begin with. Watch a little bit of Keither Olberman. Though, he's nowhere near as extreme as Hannity, he's not for everyone. Though his ratings are pretty good.

Who would never vote for Obama to begin with. Watch a little bit of Keither Olberman. Though, he's nowhere near as extreme as Hannity, he's not for everyone. Though his ratings are pretty good.

That's my point. The media was meant to be "Fair and Balanced"-but it's not. The right wing has Fox, the Left MSN-the right believe Fox, and nod their head along with Bill O'Reilly and gang, the left have Olberman who is a cheerleader for Obama.

Fair and Balanced my ass!

That's why I get all my news from the USMB, it's fair and balanced, right? ;)

That's my point. The media was meant to be "Fair and Balanced"-but it's not. The right wing has Fox, the Left MSN-the right believe Fox, and nod their head along with Bill O'Reilly and gang, the left have Olberman who is a cheerleader for Obama.

CNN at times is pretty down the middle, actually.

Bunch of intolerant DUmmies. What do you think MSNBC does to McCain/Palin?
Why don't you cry us a river?

Bunch of intolerant DUmmies. What do you think MSNBC does to McCain/Palin?
Why don't you cry us a river?

I watch MSNBC all the time. They don't dedicate 1 hour specials to smearing McCain. They aren't anywhere NEAR as bad as FauxNews.

Hey, Willow, did you see Georgia move from Safe GOP to leaning GOP? McCain leads only by the margin of error in Georgia now. HILARIOUS!

I watch MSNBC all the time. They don't dedicate 1 hour specials to smearing McCain. They aren't anywhere NEAR as bad as FauxNews.

Hey, Willow, did you see Georgia move from Safe GOP to leaning GOP? McCain leads only by the margin of error in Georgia now. HILARIOUS!

You are so funnnneeeeee! They openly sneer everytime they say the name McCain or Palin. DUmmie!

Olberman and MSNBC, as 'DavidS' said, are NOT as bad as Fox. I am beside myself that a professional news network would dedicate entire hours to smearing a political canidiate. It comes to a point where we are all just people trying to make the America the best it can be, but with differing interpretations on what that America should be. Trying to characterize a canidate as fundamentally wrong, and basically bad, evil, and terrible, is crossing a line, especially when using lies and logicaly-stunted rhetoric. It's so low. Olberman at least is funny, and laughs at it all, and obviously dislikes McCcain, but MSNBC has not aired segments entirely smearing McCain. There has to be some respect for our canidates, basically killing themselves to see their vision brought to the White House. Fox treats their canidates as fundamentally right, and the ONLY way, while everyone is just wrong. Just like cons in general, like some kind of elite club that only certain people belong if they fit the criteria, such as your level of patriotism, to follow a leader without questioning anything, going along with the group (group think). This is rewarded? This is NOT the America I envision. Maverick? Voting with the president %90 of the time? Please. Let's be real here.

Olberman and MSNBC, as 'DavidS' said, are NOT as bad as Fox. I am beside myself that a professional news network would dedicate entire hours to smearing a political canidiate. It comes to a point where we are all just people trying to make the America the best it can be, but with differing interpretations on what that America should be. Trying to characterize a canidate as fundamentally wrong, and basically bad, evil, and terrible, is crossing a line, especially when using lies and logicaly-stunted rhetoric. It's so low. Olberman at least is funny, and laughs at it all, and obviously dislikes McCcain, but MSNBC has not aired segments entirely smearing McCain. There has to be some respect for our canidates, basically killing themselves to see their vision brought to the White House. Fox treats their canidates as fundamentally right, and the ONLY way, while everyone is just wrong. Just like cons in general, like some kind of elite club that only certain people belong if they fit the criteria, such as your level of patriotism, to follow a leader without questioning anything, going along with the group (group think). This is rewarded? This is NOT the America I envision. Maverick? Voting with the president %90 of the time? Please. Let's be real here.

now that's just skewed vision. God, we jump around on here from hating on Bush to hating on McCain, to hating on Palin, to Hating on fox, to hating on Bush, to hating on McCain, to hating on Palin, to hating on fox. You get the picture doncha? Anything ain't liberal we're going to be hating on it/you. :badgrin:

I find it funny that people would think that any cable media is "fair and balanced" there are so many examples of editorial type news reporting I would not know where to begin. It's become part of the media culture to add an editorial for political support be it Sean Hannity or Keith Olbermann. I find it equally amusing that someone would say that somehow when Greta V. goes to Fox she is now a raging right wing cheerleader when she was on CNN prior to that. Media has lost it's sense of what the term professional reporting means and has taken it upon themsleves to be the information managers of our culture now. If you want to institue true fairness in any media then you would seperate the word "news" from the word "editorial" in both print and TV news media. Shows like Hannity's and Olbermanns belong on the editorial pages and not in the "news" pages" As both of these shows along with many others cannot seperate their blatent partisanship from actually reporting on the "news". Take them for what they are, they are pundits, no more, no less, and like you and I they have an opinion, except unlike you and I we do not have a camera that blasts that opinion world wide for all to see and for some to mistake as news.

You are so funnnneeeeee! They openly sneer everytime they say the name McCain or Palin. DUmmie!

Really? Can you provide me a link on Youtube where I can watch an hour-long program dedicated to smearing McCain or Palin from MSNBC?

[youtube]S2a827DcYuY&feature=related[/youtube]

That's part 1/6.

I find it funny that people would think that any cable media is "fair and balanced" there are so many examples of editorial type news reporting I would not know where to begin. It's become part of the media culture to add an editorial for political support be it Sean Hannity or Keith Olbermann. I find it equally amusing that someone would say that somehow when Greta V. goes to Fox she is now a raging right wing cheerleader when she was on CNN prior to that. Media has lost it's sense of what the term professional reporting means and has taken it upon themsleves to be the information managers of our culture now. If you want to institue true fairness in any media then you would seperate the word "news" from the word "editorial" in both print and TV news media. Shows like Hannity's and Olbermanns belong on the editorial pages and not in the "news" pages" As both of these shows along with many others cannot seperate their blatent partisanship from actually reporting on the "news". Take them for what they are, they are pundits, no more, no less, and like you and I they have an opinion, except unlike you and I we do not have a camera that blasts that opinion world wide for all to see and for some to mistake as news.

You're right, with one exeption; These are not always their own opinions. They are actors playing professionally written characters for the sake of polarization, and even the actors themselves laugh at the dimwits who buy what they spew. These guys are in this game for the $ and when they do book signings they're like William Shatner at a trekkie convention. They look at their readers and listeners, and think to themselves "what a bunch of losers" as they smile and bloviate their scripted rhetoric. They consider themselves master puppeteers and revel in their own influential powers.

He is a divisive and dangerous character, and am wondering what everyone's take on him is?

Hussein is indeed divisive and dangerous. His ties to corrupt, shady chasracters, not to mention terrorists is beyond scary.

The first clue something was wrong was when Hussein lied about his religion. That was the first of many red flags.

Forum List

Back