Haneyya: Israel is against democracy, justice

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
GAZA, (PIC)-- Palestinian premier Ismail Haneyya has said that Israel was against democracy and justice in the world.

Haneyya, speaking at a sit-in held in the Palestinian legislative council’s yard in Gaza in solidarity with the detained PLC speaker Aziz Dweik and member Khaled Tafesh on Saturday, said that the PLC posed as one the bastions of Palestinian steadfastness.

The sit-in was attended by ministers, MPs, leaders of national and Islamic forces, and representatives of the Algerian convoy to Gaza.

Haneyya said that Israel’s targeting of the PLC indicates that it plays an important role in the struggle with the “Zionist occupation”.

Haneyya: Israel is against democracy, justice

GAZA, (PIC)-- Palestinian premier Ismail Haneyya has said that Israel was against democracy and justice in the world.

Haneyya, speaking at a sit-in held in the Palestinian legislative council’s yard in Gaza in solidarity with the detained PLC speaker Aziz Dweik and member Khaled Tafesh on Saturday, said that the PLC posed as one the bastions of Palestinian steadfastness.

The sit-in was attended by ministers, MPs, leaders of national and Islamic forces, and representatives of the Algerian convoy to Gaza.

Haneyya said that Israel’s targeting of the PLC indicates that it plays an important role in the struggle with the “Zionist occupation”.

And this is surprising how ?
What did you expect him to say ? "emmm , I'm sorry we were wrong the whole time , and we should try to achieve a peaceful resolution ?"
LOL :lol: He said "In the world?"
And you mean to tell me that Gaza is the prime example of democratic society ?

And this is surprising how ?
What did you expect him to say ? "emmm , I'm sorry we were wrong the whole time , and we should try to achieve a peaceful resolution ?"
LOL :lol: He said "In the world?"
And you mean to tell me that Gaza is the prime example of democratic society ?

The Palestinian government was elected in one of the most free and transparent elections anywhere according to international observers.

The Palestinian government was elected in one of the most free and transparent elections anywhere according to international observers.

I didn't mean to suggest the elections were tampered with .. maybe they were and maybe they weren't that's not the point i were trying to make ...

I meant to criticize how the government of Hamas is acting and not how it was elected...
for example the extremely democratic way of Hamas killing off Phatah after the elections.

Democracy at it's best indeed.

I didn't mean to suggest the elections were tampered with .. maybe they were and maybe they weren't that's not the point i were trying to make ...

I meant to criticize how the government of Hamas is acting and not how it was elected...
for example the extremely democratic way of Hamas killing off Phatah after the elections.

Hamas won the elections Fatah lost.

The question should be: If Fatah lost, why are they ruling the West Bank?

That is not at all what the question should be.
The real question should be: If the winning party hunts and kills the loosing party after an election do we call it democratic conduct ?

I think "democratic" is more appropriate , as this conduct is violating one's basic right to not be brutally murdered.

The real question should be: If the winning party hunts and kills the loosing party after an election do we call it democratic conduct ?

I think "democratic" is more appropriate , as this conduct is violating one's basic right to not be brutally murdered.

The US armed groups of Palestinians (Fatah) to overthrow the government. Hamas managed to stop the US planned coup.

Last edited by a moderator:
The US armed groups of Palestinians (Fatah) to overthrow the government. Hamas managed to stop the US planned coup.

How do you know ? :doubt:
To me it seems that the hamas just wanted wipe away any opposition after they won.
It's very KGB and SS like ...
Very not democratic.

Also it seems you are saying that Fatah slaughter was justified.
So basically If Palestinians kill Palestinians it's alright , but if Israel kills Palestinians its a Humans Right violation?
A bit hypocritical for my taste.

How do you know ? :doubt:
To me it seems that the hamas just wanted wipe away any opposition after they won.
It's very KGB and SS like ...
Very not democratic.

Also it seems you are saying that Fatah slaughter was justified.
So basically If Palestinians kill Palestinians it's alright , but if Israel kills Palestinians its a Humans Right violation?
A bit hypocritical for my taste.

How do you know ?

Well if you watched the video or kept up with the news of the time, you would know.

They did not slaughter "Fatah." It was just the ones involved in the attempted coup against the elected government. The same thing would have happened here.

Well if you watched the video or kept up with the news of the time, you would know.

When I said how do you know, i meant what proof do you have, not what youtube videos you watched that support your claim.

You do know that if someone expresses his or hers opinion on the news it does not make the opinion a scientific fact.

They did not slaughter "Fatah." It was just the ones involved in the attempted coup against the elected government. The same thing would have happened here.

So Hamas has psychic ability to know who would be the Fatah members involved in the coup and segregate them from the ones that are not ? I'm a bit skeptic :doubt:

Let me ask you this, are there currently known Fatah members in Gaza ?

When I said how do you know, i meant what proof do you have, not what youtube videos you watched that support your claim.

You do know that if someone expresses his or hers opinion on the news it does not make the opinion a scientific fact.

So Hamas has psychic ability to know who would be the Fatah members involved in the coup and segregate them from the ones that are not ? I'm a bit skeptic :doubt:

Let me ask you this, are there currently known Fatah members in Gaza ?

There are many Fatah members still in Gaza. The four parliament members are still in the parliament there. The chief of police in Gaza and 3000 police are Fatah.

Gaza starts at 13:16

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tDJPbvs3Gc]43 a Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube[/ame]

There are many Fatah members still in Gaza. The four parliament members are still in the parliament there. The chief of police in Gaza and 3000 police are Fatah.

Where in the video they say that there are 3000 Fatah police and that there are parliament members ?

Will Fatah run in the next elections ?

Where in the video they say that there are 3000 Fatah police and that there are parliament members ?

Will Fatah run in the next elections ?

It didn't. The video was just additional information.

Of course Fatah will run. Their constitution states that all parties can run.

edit

Article (26)
Palestinians shall have the right to participate in the political life individually and in groups. They shall have the following rights in particular:
1. To form, establish, and join political parties in accordance with the law.
2. To form and establish unions, guilds, associations, societies, clubs, and popular institutions in accordance with the law.
3. To Vote and nominate for election, representatives among them by ballot in accordance with the law.
4. To hold public office and positions in accordance with the principle of equal opportunities.
5. To conduct special meetings without the presence of police members, and to conduct public meetings, processions, and assemblies, within the limits of law.

http://www.usaid.gov/wbg/misc/Amended_Basic_Law.pdf

Last edited:
There are many Fatah members still in Gaza. The four parliament members are still in the parliament there. The chief of police in Gaza and 3000 police are Fatah. Gaza starts at 13:16 43 a Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube
Damn, palistan toob garbage spam!

Like the Israelis did to the three Iranian scientists,I suppose....:cool:

Like the Israelis did to the three Iranian scientists,I suppose....:cool:

I don't know if the Mossad is really responsible, but even if it did,

How an intelligence agency doing a surgical assassination mission on Foreign soil is not democratic ?

And how is the same as a winning political party hunting and killing the losing political party in the homeland?

Forum List

Back