Hands up if you think Obama's speeches make him a great President

Binden Shovel

Rookie
Sep 8, 2009
If you put your hand up then you are wrong.

Great speeches give the audience a nice rosy glow for a while, but it's what happens when the cameras and the autocue are packed away that make all the difference.

It's how Obama gets things done that will ultimately determine if he succeeds.

Winston Churchill was a great example of the complete package, an awesome speaker and a man who knew how to get things done.

Gordon Brown in the UK is the opposite of Obama, he's rubbish on his feet but I suspect he is very good at getting things done, for Obama the jury is out on whether he is the complete package or just a great presenter.

Since researching Churchill for a book I recently published called Churchill's Secret Skills the distinction between talking and action has really crystallized. I always thought Churchill was successful because he was a great speaker, but I discovered that it was what he did on a daily basis that made the real difference.

These days with everything being about style and presentation I believe this simple truth is often overlooked by a beguiled public.

He's a great president that gives good speeches. What a nice change from the last administration.

He's a great president that gives good speeches. What a nice change from the last administration.

Right now I rank him as an ok president that gives good speeches. The jury is still out on whether he can really turn this economy around. If he does, then I start talking about him being a good president.

However, most presidents took great in comparison with the last occupant of the Oval Office, so I can understand the comment.

A great president? What has he done?
Not difficult to read the teleprompter, but he does have the 2 teleprompter thing down well. Bobblehead. At least the last guy was transparent.

Obama thinks he is E.F. Hutton, but people seem to warming to the idea that maybe, just maybe, Obama puts his pants on one leg at a time.

Forum List

Back