'Hands off our shorts'

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Even the men joined the women in their protest. Imagine someone kicking a woman in her face for wearing shorts!!!

'Hands off our shorts': Women protest in Istanbul after female is attacked for 'revealing' clothing as fears grow that 'there will be more of this the way Turkey is heading'
  • Abdullah Cakiroglu was arrested on Saturday and immediately confessed
  • But he expressed no remorse for his attack on 23-year-old Ayşegül Terzi
  • Witnesses said Cakiroglu was shouting: 'Those wearing shorts must die!'
  • Hundreds of Turks wore shorts on Sunday in a spontaneous demonstration
By AP and CHRIS SUMMERS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 11:09 EST, 26 September 2016 | UPDATED: 03:08 EST, 27 September 2016

Hundreds of Turks have donned shorts in Istanbul to protest after a young nurse was attacked on a bus.

Ayşegül Terzi was kicked in the face by a man shouting: 'Those wearing shorts must die!' earlier this month.

Abdullah Cakiroglu confessed to attacking Miss Terzi but said she was wearing 'inappropriate' clothing and did not express any remorse.

Women's rights activists at shorts protest in Turkey

38CE712100000578-3808122-image-a-5_1474961500753.jpg

+5
Men and women wore shorts in protest at various sites across Istanbul and in some other cities

He was freed yesterday, triggering outrage from secular and women's rights groups.

Chanting 'Don't interfere with my shorts!' the protesters said they were showing solidarity with Miss Terzi.

Saadet Yesil, a 44-year-old accountant at the protest, said everyone had a right to dress as they saw fit.

Hundreds of Turks have donned shorts in Istanbul to protest after a young nurse was attacked on a bus.

Ayşegül Terzi was kicked in the face by a man shouting: 'Those wearing shorts must die!' earlier this month.

Abdullah Cakiroglu confessed to attacking Miss Terzi but said she was wearing 'inappropriate' clothing and did not express any remorse.

+5
Men and women wore shorts in protest at various sites across Istanbul and in some other cities

He was freed yesterday, triggering outrage from secular and women's rights groups.

Chanting 'Don't interfere with my shorts!' the protesters said they were showing solidarity with Miss Terzi.

Saadet Yesil, a 44-year-old accountant at the protest, said everyone had a right to dress as they saw fit.

Read more:

‘Hands off our shorts’: Women protest in Istanbul

Even the men joined the women in their protest. Imagine someone kicking a woman in her face for wearing shorts!!!

'Hands off our shorts': Women protest in Istanbul after female is attacked for 'revealing' clothing as fears grow that 'there will be more of this the way Turkey is heading'

+5

+5

Read more:

Many years ago Sally,we met some Americans,and I told the two Girls that wearing shorts they were heading for trouble and should cover up......they ignored me,a crowd quickly grew and they started to get abused,then touched up,I asked a Turkish Soldier to intervene,which he hid thank goodness,I later met them at the "Pudding Shop" in Istanbul and they thanked me........I told them "When in Rome"........It seems things haven't changed.....It is unusual today to see this happen.............thanks for your post..steve

+5

+5

Read more:

Many years ago Sally,we met some Americans,and I told the two Girls that wearing shorts they were heading for trouble and should cover up......they ignored me,a crowd quickly grew and they started to get abused,then touched up,I asked a Turkish Soldier to intervene,which he hid thank goodness,I later met them at the "Pudding Shop" in Istanbul and they thanked me........I told them "When in Rome"........It seems things haven't changed.....It is unusual today to see this happen.............thanks for your post..steve

"it" is the stench of islam. The vignette illustrates the fact that Turkey is swirling down the cosmic sewer-------its
"enlightenment" as per ATATURK never actually happened.
As to the suggested acceptance of the Turkish dog which kicked the young woman----I have a proposition for those who rationalize the criminal behavior of the Turkish dog. I would suggest that if some man out there in civilized society feels like kicking a niqabi to the ground and "feeling her up"----
his action should be immune from criminal prosecution. Lets
keep things EQUITABLE when dealing with our muslim
"bretheren"

+5

+5

Read more:

Hmm, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. I guess then I should have asked the guy I saw dressed as a member of the Taliban at the deli counter in the Middle East market to put his costume away as Halloween was over. All those women in there wearing burkas, head coverings, saris, etc. I should have told them the same. Actually, one time down at a park in the marina on a very warm day,, I saw two women dressed in the full heavy black gear, everything from head to toe was covered with a mask across their eyes.. I did feel like telling them "when in Rome...................." I really felt sorry for them, and couldn't understand why they weren't allowed to just dress in modest clothing -- long sleeve lightweight cotton blouse, long cotton skirt, etc.

+5

+5

Read more:

Hmm, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. I guess then I should have asked the guy I saw dressed as a member of the Taliban at the deli counter in the Middle East market to put his costume away as Halloween was over. All those women in there wearing burkas, head coverings, saris, etc. I should have told them the same. Actually, one time down at a park in the marina on a very warm day,, I saw two women dressed in the full heavy black gear, everything from head to toe was covered with a mask across their eyes.. I did feel like telling them "when in Rome...................." I really felt sorry for them, and couldn't understand why they weren't allowed to just dress in modest clothing -- long sleeve lightweight cotton blouse, long cotton skirt, etc.
Well I have been to Turkey a few times and in the past it was a lot freeér(what's the word for Freeer',I forget)anyhow with the emergence of rabid Islam things have changed for the worse.......I was in London a few months back and saw women with not only heavy black clothing as you say on a hot day,and the mask you mention but WITH A f-----g PADLOCK ON IT.....I was angry and told her husband that he was an Asshole making his wife wear such SHIT,he protested saying it was part of Islam.......I told him he was talking SHIT and it was only a cultural thing he was doing to her,nothing religious YOU SHIT because most Islamists/Muslims throughout the Arab world and Indonesia(320 Million Muslims) don't make their women wear such barbaric equiptment,did you know Sally that some of these devises have a metal plate that fits into a womans mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bastards.......steve,again many thanks for your post.......as an after thought,He probably had this lady wearing a PADLOCKED CHASTITY BELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bastards........

Forum List

Back