Handicapped Parking

My wife has a handicap tag and uses the handicap parking spaces because of injuries she received in a very bad auto accident. Not always, but at certain times she needs to use those electric carts at Wal-Mart. Depending on what kind of a day she is having it may be difficult for her to walk. I have one of those handicap tags and I use the handicap parking spaces because of some cardiac problems that at times can make it difficult to walk for long distances. Sometimes, but not very often I find it useful to use the electric carts at Wal-Mart. Nothing is more frustrating then to pull into the parking lot only to find some clown parked in the handicap spot, sitting in his or her car, with no visable handicap tag displayed simply waiting for somebody that has run into the store. Then there are those that like to park in the blue stripped areas and sometimes makes it difficult for you to exit or enter your car because they are parked there. I would love to have the authority to write tickets for the people who do this kind of stuff. I will say that I wish there was an easier way for people who have a cast, or some other temporary disability to park in those spaces legally without going through the hastle of obtaining a handicap tag. there should be an exemption for folks like that.

My wife has a handicap tag and uses the handicap parking spaces because of injuries she received in a very bad auto accident. Not always, but at certain times she needs to use those electric carts at Wal-Mart. Depending on what kind of a day she is having it may be difficult for her to walk. I have one of those handicap tags and I use the handicap parking spaces because of some cardiac problems that at times can make it difficult to walk for long distances. Sometimes, but not very often I find it useful to use the electric carts at Wal-Mart. Nothing is more frustrating then to pull into the parking lot only to find some clown parked in the handicap spot, sitting in his or her car, with no visable handicap tag displayed simply waiting for somebody that has run into the store. Then there are those that like to park in the blue stripped areas and sometimes makes it difficult for you to exit or enter your car because they are parked there. I would love to have the authority to write tickets for the people who do this kind of stuff. I will say that I wish there was an easier way for people who have a cast, or some other temporary disability to park in those spaces legally without going through the hastle of obtaining a handicap tag. there should be an exemption for folks like that.

I understand the need and sympathize with the problems you and others encounter. I just thought it could do with an airing. I've learned some things from this thread and had a few laughs along they way. I think this thread ends up worthwhile.

That is annoying, but more often than not I've noticed that those ppl are parked there waiting for some very decrepit person to come out of the store...someone who can't even get to the handicapped parking spaces. It do happen. They shouldn't even be shopping, but people cling to their independence and their families and friends accomodate them.

Then again, there are the people who are picking up their girlfriends who are getting off work. In 15 minutes or so. That IS annoying.

Gunny, my question is not my usual sarcastic idiot one, if you sustained your injury serving the USA, democracy, freedom, I would gladly make way for you any day.

You earned it, and I owe you.

So how would you know when a disabled vet would show up and need the handicapped space someone else (you?) took?
Handicapped war veterans have a special plate. At least they do in My state.

Gunny, my question is not my usual sarcastic idiot one, if you sustained your injury serving the USA, democracy, freedom, I would gladly make way for you any day.

You earned it, and I owe you.

So how would you know when a disabled vet would show up and need the handicapped space someone else (you?) took?
Handicapped war veterans have a special plate. At least they do in My state.

My physical disabilities are not from service so you will not find me using one of those plates. I have diabetes which is poorly controlled and it has messed up my legs. My feet and lower legs swell and I have difficulty walking especially any distance. Even when not swollen my right foot is very bad. Thus the cane.

Forum List

Back