Hand Ray Nagin A Crying Towel

It's pretty easy to judge someone when you've never walked in their shoes.

What makes you think we haven't? I'm sure the majority of us have been in situations where our moral character was tested in trying times. Stealing for survival purposes, i.e., formula for babies, is different than stealing appliances and/or alcohol. Stealing for one's own pleasure, even if one thinks it's the end of the world, is repugnant and shows what type of character one has.

Tell me CC -- are you saying that you would have done the same, therefore, you don't feel comfortable judging the actions of these people?

Kinda like the world did to the US when we re-elected Mr. Bush:(

Well, Chad, it probably didn't help when many people here signed that "Internet Card" thingy apologizing to "the world" for re-electing Bush.

Anyone with any respect for America certainly would have lost it when they saw that.

Not one of us can explain unless we were down there. Just guessing, but maybe he thought this was the apocalypse and wanted to get shit-faced instead of dying with a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread.

I guess it was a good strategy because the people who were relocated to where I live continued doing just that....spending all day standing around downtown drinking beer on the sidewalks of one town.

No one can tell me that none of those people had spouses, children, neighbors, etc that could have used their help.

This is another case of people doing the wrong thing and being excused for it.

In a crisis, adults step up to the plate - not up to the "bar".

http://p100.ezboard.com/bthegreatstateofdebate

New Topics

Forum List

Back