Hand it Over...Now.

Is the government in this case stealing from households?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Unsure/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShackledNation

Libertarian
Jun 16, 2011
California
Imagine that each year the government sent an IRS agent to every home and under the threat of force took certain items, such as TVs, tables, computers, and various other items.

Would this constitute theft? Let theft be defined as "A criminal act in which property belonging to another is taken without that person's consent."

Last edited:
The government allowing the short-sale of stock allows the theft of everyone's 401k.

The government allowing 14,000 factories to move overseas is the theft of 3,000,000 US manufacturing jobs.

The government pushing UHC that we all pay for instead of everyone paying for their own is theft

The government allowing tax loop-holes is theft

The government allowing subsidies is theft

The government allowing the short-sale of stock allows the theft of everyone's 401k.

The government allowing 14,000 factories to move overseas is the theft of 3,000,000 US manufacturing jobs.

The government pushing UHC that we all pay for instead of everyone paying for their own is theft

The government allowing tax loop-holes is theft

The government allowing subsidies is theft
Now that you got that out of your system, are you going to answer the actual question posed in the topic?

Imagine that each year the government sent an IRS agent to every home and under the threat of force took certain items, such as TVs, tables, computers, and various other items.

Would this constitute theft?

Well I suppose it would be unless there was a warrant produced or perhaps a legitimate lean for non-payment of taxes...something like that? Why? What are you referring to?

Would this constitute theft?

Well I suppose it would be unless there was a warrant produced or perhaps a legitimate lean for non-payment of taxes...something like that? Why? What are you referring to?
Taxation.

Bullshit.... Let's talk about how the "private sector" extracts trillions of dollars through unfair trade practices, the corrupt banking sector and through tax loopholes....

If there's ANY criticism of government... it's that THEY let it happen to get their election coffers filled. Both sides... You want to talk about a "shackled nation"? Look no further than that.

Bullshit.... Let's talk about how the "private sector" extracts trillions of dollars through unfair trade practices, the corrupt banking sector and through tax loopholes....

If there's ANY criticism of government... it's that THEY let it happen to get their election coffers filled. Both sides... You want to talk about a "shackled nation"? Look no further than that.
Two wrongs do not make a right, and your comment is not an answer to the question. If you want to troll, there is a forums for that.

That W-4 form you signed when you hired on gave the government (aka We the People) the right to "steal your money".

Two wrongs do not make a right, and your comment is not an answer to the question. If you want to troll, there is a forums for that.

Troll? TROLL? this is nothing but a troll thread...

So... you admit that the Private sector is wrong? Great, Let's fix it! As far as your stupid poll... I won't answer because no one is doing what you are saying... You just think they are because you have to pay taxes.. whoopdie-fuckin'-do. Welcome to the real world..

I swear to God... You guys must have had shit handed to you all your lives.. then you went to college and mommy and daddy paid for that... then you got out into the real world and Saw your paycheck... and started crying foul.. Well guess what shithead? People have been paying taxes for longer than YOU'VE been alive and still do. It's not theft, it's paying the price of living in this country.. Freedom isn't free.

So... you admit that the Private sector is wrong? Great, Let's fix it! As far as your stupid poll... I won't answer because no one is doing what you are saying... You just think they are because you have to pay taxes.. whoopdie-fuckin'-do. Welcome to the real world..

I swear to God... You guys must have had shit handed to you all your lives.. then you went to college and mommy and daddy paid for that... then you got out into the real world and Saw your paycheck... and started crying foul.. Well guess what shithead? People have been paying taxes for longer than YOU'VE been alive and still do. It's not theft, it's paying the price of living in this country.. Freedom isn't free.
:cuckoo: This is a serious thread. And I am asking a serious philosophical question. Your response was irrelevant, I called you out on it, and now you are upset because I refused to take your bait. Deal with it.

Um..

The IRS is underfunded and there's about 300 Billion in unpaid taxes sloshing around in people's pockets.

Look..the US Constitution makes it clear that one of the Jobs of Congress is to levy taxes. If those taxes aren't collected..no only is congress failing to do it's job..but the American people are cheated.

Yep.

Commies don't pay taxes.

That W-4 form you signed when you hired on gave the government (aka We the People) the right to "steal your money".
Are you agreeing that taxation is legalized theft? As for the W-4 form, kindly point to where it says that in signing this form you are consenting to government taxing your income. Even if it did, the form is mandatory. Such a mandatory requirement cannot honestly be called consensual.

One last point, keep in mind you are referring to only income taxation. I do not sign anything at the grocery store when I pay a sales tax.

Um..

The IRS is underfunded and there's about 300 Billion in unpaid taxes sloshing around in people's pockets.

Look..the US Constitution makes it clear that one of the Jobs of Congress is to levy taxes. If those taxes aren't collected..no only is congress failing to do it's job..but the American people are cheated.
I never said taxation is unconstitutional, or that taxation is not justifiable. I am simply questioning the nature of taxation itself. Arguments drawing to constitutionality of taxation or justification of it ignore the point of the topic and are strawman arguments.

Would this constitute theft? Let theft be defined as "A criminal act in which property belonging to another is taken without that person's consent."

I probably wouldn't mind that so much if we had a government being run by somebody that knew what the hell they were doing.

Forum List

Back