Hand Elizabeth Warren "The WHIP"!!!!

Shaman, as perhaps the only USMB poster who does not have you on ignore, I'm telling you in complete seriousness -- there's something seriously fucking wrong with you

Shaman, as perhaps the only USMB poster who does not have you on ignore, I'm telling you in complete seriousness -- there's something seriously fucking wrong with you
Cry-Baby-GOP.gif

Someone gave Shaman fresh crayons.

In over a decade of internet posting on a wide variety of forums, Shaman has the distinction of being the only person I have ever put on Ignore. If he stopped with the histrionic colors, I would take him off.

Out of all the people republicans hate for no good reason this one puzzles me the most, I can see fatcat banker types being full of fear and loathing but the regular everyday people who know banks and lenders are not to be entirely trusted should feel different. Oh well, add that to the long list of counter-intuitive things about working class republicans.

I have actual lists of financial sector criminals who contributed to the economic crash. Names, dates, methods, and instruments. It is my opinion they are way past due to be hung from lamp posts since the government has done nothing to them. They clearly are thieves with police protection.

Elizabeth Warren, though, is not the cop I want on the beat. Her parroting of Obama's "rich people should pay more for roads and bridges" class warfare philosophy does not give me any confidence whatsoever that she would be an objective judge of the operations of the core of our capitalist economy.

No. Fricking. Way.

Last edited by a moderator:
February 26, 2013

A Lil' Warren Magic!!!

"JP Morgan is trimming about 4,000 jobs, or about 1.5 percent of its work force, becoming the latest big bank to shrink its staff.

The bank said the cuts will be focused in consumer banking and mortgages. Many of the cuts would come through attrition, but the bank will lay off workers as well, a bank spokeswoman said.

The cuts were revealed in a presentation to investors Tuesday. They are part of the bank's bigger cost-cutting campaign. They come after a year when the bank increased profit and revenue.

The move could signal a new direction for staffing: JPMorgan already shed about 1,200 jobs in 2012, after adding jobs in 2011 and 2010.

Job cuts have become a familiar story in the banking industry. Banks are navigating new government regulations that have crimped some old sources of revenue, like issuing credit cards to students or trading for the bank's own profit. The banks have also said that complying with the new regulations is costing them more money.

Bank of America, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs all trimmed jobs in 2012. Morgan Stanley's current round of job cuts has focused on senior ranks and investment bankers. Bank of America has said it needs fewer people to work through problem mortgages, though it has cut jobs in other areas. Citigroup is scaling back in countries that it no longer sees as growth engines."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8we7JKhjNM]Elizabeth Warren : Credit Card Industry Practices - YouTube[/ame]​

March 13, 2013

Kickin' Some
BIG BANK ASS
!!!

120806_elizabeth_warren_605_ap.jpg

"Senator Elizabeth Warren made a big splash at her first hearing of the Senate Banking Committee recently when she went after regulators for failing to be more aggressive with such big banks as HSBC, which had just paid a $1.9 billion fine for money laundering. I used the occasion for a column speculating that, despite her freshman status and a Senate culture that frowns on new members speaking out, Warren could be more effective (and be so much sooner) than many people realize.

“Being effective” is not the same thing as “passing legislation.” The latter is difficult for any freshman—heck, in today’s broken Senate, passing legislation is difficult, period. My point was that Warren appeared to grasp that there were other ways besides legislation to influence the government and the banking system.

“Bankers are bracing for the start of more severe anti-money laundering exams as regulators rework their standards and prepare to issue another round of guidance tackling the issue."

dont-waste-your-time-reading-paul-ryans-budget.jpg

yeah baby

I hope she can bring them down.

The banks can surely find honest decent people to run their businesses instead of the criminals

Forum List

Back