hammer time

The left argument here is you can't have mass killings with a hammer.

Tell that to 500,000+ Rwandans murdered with objects other than "assault weapons".

Not to dismiss the plight of people in foreign lands, but we can't legislate laws in foreign countries regarding the use of potentially deadly weapons.
Can we stick to issues in the US?

Sure. Attempting to ban firearms or accessories in the US...or anywhere for that matter...only results in law abiding citizens being put a tactical disadvantage when facing armed criminals that couldn't care less out regulations.

Gun control laws do not stop crazy motherfuckers and criminal thugs from obtaining that which is banned. Never has, never will. Why would anyone want to give criminals an edge? Why would anyone seek to hamper a person's inalienable right to self defense? That's insane.

Further, attempting to ban or restrict civilian firearms ownership displays profound ignorance to the history of tyrants, foreign or domestic, that are kept at bay by a legally armed populace.

Then there's that whole "...shall not be infringed" thing.

Well....given evil people/criminals act the same way in Germany, the USA, China, etc....using examples from outside the USA can provide some guidance on what we do here.....what a concept.

You were saying hammers don't cause mass murderers??? I didn't realize someone with a hammer ran out of ammo.....or maybe they might wear out their arm hammering people's heads in, eh?

Tell that to 500,000+ Rwandans murdered with objects other than "assault weapons".

Not to dismiss the plight of people in foreign lands, but we can't legislate laws in foreign countries regarding the use of potentially deadly weapons.
I wouldn't exactly look to Rwanda as an example of a civilized society to deal with unhinged citizens and their propensity to indiscriminately murder.

Uh, it shows people will use any weapon that can to kill people....that is the POINT.

Banning guns isn't going to stop someone from killing someone with an illegal gun, a knife, a hammer, a machete, etc.

General Butt Naked of Liberia said he killed hundreds of people with a machete to make a bigger point to his enemies and anyone that saw him killing people. I guess the UN better ban machetes in Africa....eh?

Well....given evil people/criminals act the same way in Germany, the USA, China, etc....using examples from outside the USA can provide some guidance on what we do here.....what a concept.

You were saying hammers don't cause mass murderers??? I didn't realize someone with a hammer ran out of ammo.....or maybe they might wear out their arm hammering people's heads in, eh?

I wouldn't exactly look to Rwanda as an example of a civilized society to deal with unhinged citizens and their propensity to indiscriminately murder.

No cite? Where are you getting your statistics? Here are the ones for Baltimore City:

Causes of Death

Shootings: 179
Stabbings/Cuttings: 19
Blunt-Force Trauma/ Beatings: 11
Other: 5
Unknown: 1

As you can see, ALL blunt force trauma accounted for only 5.1% of the total, while shootings represented 83.3%.

The Year In Murder - News and Features - Baltimore City Paper

Remember the poster relates only long rifle/semi auto homicides vs. hammer homicides. If you remove handguns from the shootings i would think the numbers would match much more closely.

Uh, it shows people will use any weapon that can to kill people....that is the POINT.

Banning guns isn't going to stop someone from killing someone with an illegal gun, a knife, a hammer, a machete, etc.

General Butt Naked of Liberia said he killed hundreds of people with a machete to make a bigger point to his enemies and anyone that saw him killing people. I guess the UN better ban machetes in Africa....eh?

The likelihood of one individual committing 'mass murder' with a hammer is much less likely than an individual with a rifle.
But yes, both can be deadly.

Not to worried about hammers, how many deaths are related to bad medical practices? Last I heard it was over 100,000 a year. They are all preventable, they are all under the care of a highly regulated agencies, yet the deaths continue. No outrage, no laws to clean up the procedures, no fines or penalties for not following proper procedures.

It is interesting who and what play into outrage over specific types of death.

That's why the right wants tort reform; because that'll work, right?

Not to worried about hammers, how many deaths are related to bad medical practices? Last I heard it was over 100,000 a year. They are all preventable, they are all under the care of a highly regulated agencies, yet the deaths continue. No outrage, no laws to clean up the procedures, no fines or penalties for not following proper procedures.

It is interesting who and what play into outrage over specific types of death.

That's why the right wants tort reform; because that'll work, right?

Did I ask for tort reform? I'm trying to figure out how dumb you must be, not sure how a person can go from bad medical practices and leap all the way to tort reform as a cure that you say others are pointing to, please let me know who has talked about it?

My point is, I think that the left is very selective and grossly insincere. You and your selective outrage prove it.

I thing Obama needs to get to work on an Assault Hammers ban.

Btw, is that inept asshole back from Hawaii yet, or does anybody really fuckin'care?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back