Hamas Urges Taking Hard Line Against Israel

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Gunny, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I say quit bullshitting around and let them fight it out. Doesn't matter what agreement they come to, one Arab faction or another will violate it and we'll be right back here just as before.

2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Let THEM?

Remove the nukes from the equasion and refrain from coming to the rescue like a tag team wrestling partner...

say, what was the post-ww2 policy on returning property to jews that had been confiscated by the nazis? Land deed and everything.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Israel has yet to use nukes, and we have yet to intervene militarily. If anything, we hold Israel back with this so-called peace process that's been going on since JimBob Carter.

Palestine was partitioned to create a Jewish homeland in 1924 by the Balfour Agreement by Great Britain, which by rights of the victor under the rules of the day, they could do if they wanted. It was just never carried out until 1949. Whatever rules to which you refer are irrelevant.

The US opposed the partitioning of Palestine, btw.

The fact is, no European nation nor the US wanted the Jews. Roosevelt kept the death camps a secret because he was afraid the American people might get the idea they were fighting for Jews. So they were offered a pretty-much useless piece of land that few people cared about until they had it.

So if you want to cast blame, look in the mirror. It was our prejudice against Jews as much as anything else that created the modern state of Israel. I'd have been all for letting them have California myself. Would've solved more than ONE issue.:eusa_whistle:

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,025
    I just don't understand, I mean I sorta kinda see why some stupid Christians might hate Jews, but why would athiests hate them?

5. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I feel for the Palestinians, I really do. What a choice. Bloody Fatah which is more corrupt than Al Capone and Hamas which is as nutty as you can get and still not get locked up.

I don't hate Jews and I'm an atheist. I'm a bit iffy with the current Israeli government but I've always been a bit of a fan of the Israeli Labour party - Avoda - even though it is a Zionist party. I reckon Shimon Peres is a top bloke and I think the loss of Yitzhak Rabin is a continuing political as well as personal tragedy.

6. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +362
    After seeing you criticise the russian autocracy being created under Putin and even minor flaws of the british democratic institutions like the House of Lords, your support for a country racist to the bone like Israel comes as a big letdown, Diuretic.

The whole country is a big SOCIALLY ACCEPTED South Africa under apartheid founded on the premise that a group of human beings by virtue of their ethnicity have more rights than the natives of the land.

Anyone who supports the existence of the state of Israel could just as well support the establishment of a white supremacist state in Australia with the bulk of the asian and native population being relocated somewhere in the Outback and kept there against their will.

I've come to expect this kind of support from the super patriotic american clowns of this Message Board but not from you.

But you're obviously entitled to your opinion.

7. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
  8. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260

then Ill ask the same question Iran keeps asking:

Why should a muslim nation pay the price of a european war and european racism?

Go read a week of the Jpost and remind me how not attacking so far means anything for the future. Would you let a muslim nation have that much leeway?

I assure you that the people who LIVED there didn't think it as merely a useless piece of land. What, is this the rationalization of International Imminent domain?

hell, you've seen me offer TEXAS as the next Israel. Indeed, just imagine how many issues would be put to rest if the zionist hardon were moved to a land where the indigenous population wasn't robbed of their territory. Careful, suggest that too many times and you'll get the standard antisemite-label reaction.

9. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    I don't hate jews and am an atheist. I don't hate israel. what I hate is being used by a nation who knows the value of that OT common denominator when confronting muslim nations while totally shitting on a human population that gets to pay the price for a european world war. I hate knowingthat our "allies" don't give a fuck about the US so long as we are a nice dog guarding their interests in the mid east. I hate that our "friends" get caught spying on us with a frequency you could set a clock to. I hate that a portion of America enjoys the benefits of this nation while CLEARLY making Israel their greater priority. I hate the that they EXPECT a double standard that makes our effort in peace a giant fucking joke. Indeed, would the US give a fuck about China's nuclear standard if we knew that they were giving N.Korea nukes "for defense" off the table with no standard in their regulation besides "well, they haven't used them yet"?

This isn't about ethnic bigotry. But, if it makes my criticism easier to swallow I guess it wouldn't be the first time that label becomes the standard reaction.

10. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    As I said, I'm a bit iffy with the current Israeli government. I know it's hypothetical but what if Rabin hadn't been murdered? Perhaps some progress would have been made in sorting out the issues facing Israel at home.

And it's time for a dose of reality here. Israel has existed since 1948, what is the world going to do? Erase it? There are many Israelis who are sick and tired of living in a constant state of war with the Palestinians and with the various Arab states surrounding Israel. The solution is obvious but painful. Obviously I don't know much about the specifics of the topic but it seems to me that any resolution to the current tensions must mean a Palestinian homeland and security for Israel. Both nations are entitled to these things.
    I know, easy to say, damn hard to achieve. But a lack of obduracy on all sides might help.

And don't get me started on South Africa, the ANC is hopeless and Mbeki is a fool of the highest order.