Hamas to Obama, you need to talk to us to achieve PEACE

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Abu Marzouk: Obama should talk to Hamas | Headlines | Jerusalem Post

And you know what, they are 100% correct! The Palestinians have 2 camps: (1) Is the Fatah/PLO camp that is tradition very corrupt, has lost the support of the people and is a powerless paper dragon (Hamas took over Gaza effortless - shit the Hamas girls soccer team could have accomplished the Gaza takeover; Fatah is still in charge over WB because of the Israeli presence, if Israel left today, Hamas would coup Fatah tomorrow). They keep dealing with these jokers and get no where. The so-called moderate, who are really not that moderate, have not power politically or militarily. Yet they are the peace partners. :eek:

(2) Hamas: For better or for worse they won the election and they have the people's support. They could take WB in one day like they did Gaza without Israeli interference. Yep I hear the arguments (and they are legitimate concerns) that Hamas is too radical and they refuse to recognize Israel or renounce violence. They are legit concerns. However, I don't think by Israel and Obama engaging Hamas that those concerns have to be abandoned. Peace should be the ultimate goal and doing whatever for it must be undertaken. If Hamas comes up with crazy demands, Israel is under no obligation to accept them. Who gives a shit if Hamas formally recognizes Israel's right to exist! Making peace will be the equivalent of accomplishing it.

Look the Jews will never win the PR war since, well they are Jews. Antisemitism as many on this board demostrate is the last Acceptable Hatred. But the end game should be peace between your boards! Israel will NEVER have peace and security without a free independent Palestine, that is the bottom line!

OH MY GOD, GHOOK. Something really weird just happened...

I HATE SAYING IT.... I REALLY DO...

But that was an excellent post, and I totally agree. :clap2:

I don't know why you are amazed I said it many times that Hamas needs to be talked to directly!

OH MY GOD, GHOOK. Something really weird just happened...

I HATE SAYING IT.... I REALLY DO...

But that was an excellent post, and I totally agree. :clap2:

I don't know why you are amazed I said it many times that Hamas needs to be talked to directly!

Yeah, well, it's just amazing because always seem to not agree and mouth each other off incessantly in every thread.

I can't agree that everyone is an antisemite here GH. My question to the State of Israel would be, since you obviously have control over these people why not treat them all with dignity. Property rights should be afforded to those Palestinians that are on the land. Those people who are there should be protected by the Israeli government equally if they are living in peace with their neighbors. Israeli settlers disrupting peoples crops, lives and such is no way to make peace or good neighbors. As far as the terrorist types and the war mongers go you won't be able to make peace with them if it is not in their hearts to live in peace. Raising children in a war zone just makes for a whole generation that cannot understand what living in peace means. Most people just want to see justice done regardless if they are jew or arab both require the same things to live.

I can't agree that everyone is an antisemite here GH.
Never said they were, in fact this board probably has more pro-Israel posters than most. But there are crazy antisemites like Shogun, Huggy, Sunni etc. They are definitely here!

My question to the State of Israel would be, since you obviously have control over these people why not treat them all with dignity.
Israel doesn't want to rule the Palestinians, but neither side can agree to terms on the final settlement. You say treat them with dignity, that is not so easy when suicide bombers are sent to kill you.

Property rights should be afforded to those Palestinians that are on the land.
Not sure what you mean by this. But Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank get full property rights established by the PLO! Israeli Arabs get FULL and EQUAL property rights in Israel!

Those people who are there should be protected by the Israeli government equally if they are living in peace with their neighbors.
True, but the PA is supposed to protect them not the Israelis. Arab Israelis get full protection under the law and receive equal rights under the law.

Israeli settlers disrupting peoples crops, lives and such is no way to make peace or good neighbors.
This is not as prevalent as you make it out to be. Israel does police these type of actions, but its hard to police in the those areas because its technically under PA control! The violence goes both ways. Unfortuately this situation willl not be solved until a final settlement is reached between the Pals and Israelis!

As far as the terrorist types and the war mongers go you won't be able to make peace with them if it is not in their hearts to live in peace.
Not entirely true, many times the one firing the guns are the ones that end up making the peace!

Raising children in a war zone just makes for a whole generation that cannot understand what living in peace means. Most people just want to see justice done regardless if they are jew or arab both require the same things to live.
Depends! Some get so caught up in hate and anger they have trouble letting go over the war. I think most become so sick and tired of war that they prefer living in peace that they haven't known until they get it!

Forum List

Back