Hamas Refuses to Allow Flotilla Aid Into Gaza

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Who does this make responsible for whatever suffering going on in Gaza?
Will Turkey now denounce Hamas for repressing Gaza? Will the UN call for an investigation into Hamas and demand that they allow humanitarian aid through?

Or will everyone still blame Israel?

'Hamas blocking delivery of aid' - Israel News, Ynetnews
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Hamas Refuses to Allow Flotilla Aid Into Gaza

There was a comic in today's paper that pretty much summed up this whole situation.

Pearls Before Swine free online comic strip library at comics.com

It is not a compromise when Israel is forced to give up something for nothing.

Who does this make responsible for whatever suffering going on in Gaza?
Will Turkey now denounce Hamas for repressing Gaza? Will the UN call for an investigation into Hamas and demand that they allow humanitarian aid through?

Or will everyone still blame Israel?

'Hamas blocking delivery of aid' - Israel News, Ynetnews
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Hamas Refuses to Allow Flotilla Aid Into Gaza

There was a comic in today's paper that pretty much summed up this whole situation.

Pearls Before Swine free online comic strip library at comics.com

It is not a compromise when Israel is forced to give up something for nothing.

As has been clearly and directly stated by the activists aboard the Freedom Flotilla - the point is to end the blockade, not funnel aid directly to Israel so that it may continue to hold Gaza in a stranglehold.

Forcing Israel to end its illegal siege of Gaza, which inflicts a draconian collective punishment on a civilian population of 1.5 million people - denying them their basic human rights including unhindered access to food, water, medicine, electricity, work, education, and their freedom of movement - this is not called "giving up something for nothing." It's called "justice."

As has been clearly and directly stated by the activists aboard the Freedom Flotilla - the point is to end the blockade, not funnel aid directly to Israel so that it may continue to hold Gaza in a stranglehold.

Forcing Israel to end its illegal siege of Gaza, which inflicts a draconian collective punishment on a civilian population of 1.5 million people - denying them their basic human rights including unhindered access to food, water, medicine, electricity, work, education, and their freedom of movement - this is not called "giving up something for nothing." It's called "justice."

Did I call that right or what?

Hamas refused the aid from the flotilla, so if the point is to get this aid to the civilians in Gaza, why are you not condemning Hamas for not allowing it in?

Did I call that right or what?

Hamas refused the aid from the flotilla, so if the point is to get this aid to the civilians in Gaza, why are you not condemning Hamas for not allowing it in?

Read it again. The point is to end the blockade.

If Hamas would say black is white and white is black, their apologists would agree to that as well. Tons of food and medicines, which are supposedly desperately needed, will go to waste, and you find nothing wrong with that? Perhaps they aren't so desperately needed after all! That's like saying the inmates of Auschwitz would refuse food because of some principle...:confused:

Last edited:

Well then....obviously if Gaza has some fancy restaurants (never mind if no one can afford to eat there) and one swimming pool for 1.5 million people, then the Israeli blockade can't be so bad, and the entire world is lying.

So by your logic, conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto couldn't be so bad - since they had a symphony orchestra.

2ni01lh.jpg

I posted a fact, Hamas is refusing to allow the humanitarian aid from the flotilla into Gaza. Your response? The aim of the flotilla is to break the blockade because it is bad for the civilians in Gaza, and they are starving because Israel is cruel.

I post evidence that the conditions in Gaza are not as bad as Turkey, and other Palestinian sympathizers, portray them. Your response? It wasn't that bad in the Warsaw Ghetto either, because they had a concert.

If this works for you, fine.

Read it again. The point is to end the blockade.

So that Hammas can begin sending more rockets and suicide bombers back into the streets of Isreal.

They (Hammas) dont give a rats ass about what happens to the "Palestinians".

Israel has the right to defend itself with a blockade, just like America did during the Cuban missile crisis.

I am sure that there are many people in gaza who could form an orchestra.

However I doubt that the people in the Warsaw Ghetto would have refused humanitarian aid. Nor do I suspect that the germans would have allowed anything that would have been considered military into the ghetto.

If Hamas would say black is white and white is black, their apologists would agree to that as well. Tons of food and medicines, which are supposedly desperately needed, will go to waste, and you find nothing wrong with that? Perhaps they aren't so desperately needed after all! That's like saying the inmates of Auschwitz would refuse food because of some principle...:confused:

The problem is that Israel is demanding that the aid to Gaza may only pass through its control. But Israel allows only a small fraction of that aid to enter, banning many of the supplies that are urgently needed such as construction materials.

Again, the point of the Freedom Flotilla missions are to end the blockade, not to perpetuate it. Delivering aid directly to Israel only maintains the current situation (which is exactly what Israel wants.)

I posted a fact, Hamas is refusing to allow the humanitarian aid from the flotilla into Gaza. Your response? The aim of the flotilla is to break the blockade because it is bad for the civilians in Gaza, and they are starving because Israel is cruel.

I post evidence that the conditions in Gaza are not as bad as Turkey, and other Palestinian sympathizers, portray them. Your response? It wasn't that bad in the Warsaw Ghetto either, because they had a concert.

The activists have clearly stated that their intention is to break the blockade. It's not "my response;" it's theirs.

And you haven't posted any "facts" or "evidence;" you've posted a propaganda music video and a link to some Zionist blog.

Here is what the UN and the International Red Cross say about what they term "a full-blown humanitarian crisis in Gaza":

* Israel's assault on Gaza devastated the economy by destroying commercial enterprises and public infrastructure.

* More than 50,000 people were left homeless.

* Half of the 122 health facilities in Gaza were destroyed or damaged. 15 of the 27 hospitals in Gaza were damaged.

* As much as 60% of Gaza's agricultural industry (the primary industry there) was destroyed, with extensive damage to water sources, greenhouses and farmland. 60% of the cropland in the northern part of Gaza may no longer be arable.

* Hundreds of factories were destroyed or severely damaged.

All this has left millions of people without the means to support themselves.

Since the assault, Israel has allowed just 50-100 trucks per day with food, etc. to enter Gaza (on the average - sometimes days or weeks go by and none are allowed.) But Gazans need 500-600 per day just to meet what the UN calls their minimum daily needs.

Israel has also banned the entry of essential construction materials for rebuilding such as cement, water pipes, and electrical wires, or the heavy machinery needed to remove the 600,000 tons of concrete rubble left by the Israeli bombardment. So the homeless remain homeless.

The result: 80% of Gazans (formerly self-sufficient) are dependent on humanitarian assistance.

Everyone in the world (except Israel) says the blockade (at least in its current form) needs to end.

Slick attempt at misquoting me. This is what I actually said:

Well then....obviously if Gaza has some fancy restaurants (never mind if no one can afford to eat there) and one swimming pool for 1.5 million people, then the Israeli blockade can't be so bad, and the entire world is lying.

So by your logic, conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto couldn't be so bad - since they had a symphony orchestra.

However I doubt that the people in the Warsaw Ghetto would have refused humanitarian aid. Nor do I suspect that the germans would have allowed anything that would have been considered military into the ghetto.

What is "military" about coriander, pasta or chocolate?

The problem is that Israel is demanding that the aid to Gaza may only pass through its control. But Israel allows only a small fraction of that aid to enter, banning many of the supplies that are urgently needed such as construction materials.

Again, the point of the Freedom Flotilla missions are to end the blockade, not to perpetuate it. Delivering aid directly to Israel only maintains the current situation (which is exactly what Israel wants.)

Do you have anything to prove Israel is not passing on the bulk of the aid supplies that were on the flotilla, beyond the fact I posted that nothing is getting through because Hamas is stopping it all? It does not matter if the intent is to end the blockade, the fact that Hamas is refusing the aid proves that Israel is right, this is all about posturing, and not need.

What is "military" about coriander, pasta or chocolate?

Nothing. But it would appear as if hamas is not letting the aid off the docks.

So according to hamas, it would appear to me that the aid is not necessary at all.

Do you have anything to prove Israel is not passing on the bulk of the aid supplies that were on the flotilla, beyond the fact I posted that nothing is getting through because Hamas is stopping it all? It does not matter if the intent is to end the blockade, the fact that Hamas is refusing the aid proves that Israel is right, this is all about posturing, and not need.

Do you have anything to prove that Israel is passing on the "bulk" of the aid supplies? (which was in large part cement - 550 tons of it - which Israel has banned.)

It just goes to show you it has nothing to do with aid.

The activists have clearly stated that their intention is to break the blockade. It's not "my response;" it's theirs.

Mine is that Hamas is refusing the aid, Israel is not denying it. That puts the responsibility for any conditions inside Gaza on them, not Israel.

And you haven't posted any "facts" or "evidence;" you've posted a propaganda music video and a link to some Zionist blog.

YOu reply with more propaganda, what's your point?

Here is what the UN and the International Red Cross say about what they term "a full-blown humanitarian crisis in Gaza":

* Israel's assault on Gaza devastated the economy by destroying commercial enterprises and public infrastructure.

* More than 50,000 people were left homeless.

* Half of the 122 health facilities in Gaza were destroyed or damaged. 15 of the 27 hospitals in Gaza were damaged.

* As much as 60% of Gaza's agricultural industry (the primary industry there) was destroyed, with extensive damage to water sources, greenhouses and farmland. 60% of the cropland in the northern part of Gaza may no longer be arable.

* Hundreds of factories were destroyed or severely damaged.

Of course, non of this is the fault of Hamas, even though they insisted on using Gaza as a staging area for attacks on Israel, and destroyed much of the infrastructure in armed battle with the Palestinian authority of the rest of the West Bank.

All this has left millions of people without the means to support themselves.

This proves you are nothing more than a propaganda tool, there are not millions of people in Gaza.

Since the assault, Israel has allowed just 50-100 trucks per day with food, etc. to enter Gaza (on the average - sometimes days or weeks go by and none are allowed.) But Gazans need 500-600 per day just to meet what the UN calls their minimum daily needs.

If true, then Gaza should be completely depopulated by now. Since it is not, I tend to doubt your claim.

Israel has also banned the entry of essential construction materials for rebuilding such as cement, water pipes, and electrical wires, or the heavy machinery needed to remove the 600,000 tons of concrete rubble left by the Israeli bombardment. So the homeless remain homeless.

Cement and heavy equipment for bunkers, pipes and wiring for bombs, can't imagine what problem anyone would have with this.

The result: 80% of Gazans (formerly self-sufficient) are dependent on humanitarian assistance.

Which you just claimed they were not getting.

Everyone in the world (except Israel) says the blockade (at least in its current form) needs to end.

Israel wants to end the blockade, but Hamas prefers to keep it up to maintain power. Why else would they refuse humanitarian aid from their supporters?

Every time Israel has ceded land for peace, they have ended up with more problems. They gave control of the West Bank, including Gaza, to the Palestinians as the first step to implementing a dual state solution, and Hamas violently took control of Gaza and used it to launch sustained rocket attacks against Israel.

Do you have anything to prove that Israel is passing on the "bulk" of the aid supplies? (which was in large part cement - 550 tons of it - which Israel has banned.)

It is sitting in trucks outside the borders of Gaza, and all Hamas can say is that Israel took batteries out of the wheelchairs. Wouldn't it make more sense to let it in, and then complain about what is not getting through, than not letting it in, and blaming it on wheelchair batteries. Don't manufactures routinely remove those for shipping anyway?

Forum List

Back