Hamas leader among dead in air raid

DiveCon

gone
Aug 10, 2008
UPI said:
GAZA, Jan. 1 (UPI) -- A Hamas military commander in Gaza was among 10 people killed in an Israeli airstrike on a refugee camp Thursday, Hamas and medical officials said.

Nizar Rayan died when an Israeli missile hit his house in the Jabalya Palestinian refugee camp north of Gaza, CNN reported. He was described by Israeli media as the most senior Hamas leader killed since the air assault began six days ago.
Palestinian medical sources told CNN 400 people have been killed in Gaza since the Israeli raids began Saturday, with 42 children, 13 women and two medical workers included in toll. Medical personnel said 2,000 people have been wounded, 216 of them critically.
Four Israelis -- three of them civilians -- have been killed and 56 wounded by Palestinian rocket fire, Israeli officials said.
more at link

Hamas leader among dead in air raid - UPI.com

14 killed , 9 of them were children !!!

may their souls rest in peace : (

gaza072006.jpg

14 killed , 9 of them were children !!!

may their souls rest in peace : (

I'm always sad when children are killed. Their parents shouldn't lob missles at Israel or be in the midst of Hamas operational sites.

But I do wonder if you made the same prayer when these thirty people (who weren't in the midst of a terrorist staging area or among the 40 tunnels used to commit terrorist acts) were killed.

Passover massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

somehow I'd wager you did a little jig instead.

I'm always sad when children are killed. Their parents shouldn't lob missles at Israel or be in the midst of Hamas operational sites.

But I do wonder if you made the same prayer when these thirty people (who weren't in the midst of a terrorist staging area or among the 40 tunnels used to commit terrorist acts).

------------------------------------------------------

Rayan was certainly a legitimate target, and the fact that the building was loaded with weapons and ordinance made it a legitimate target, too, and the man certainly deserved to die if for no other reason than he kept his wives and children living over a high value target while other Hamas leaders went into hiding in part to protect their families. But when you balance the value of the target against the cost in civilian lives and suffering, which way do the scales tip? Rayan is believed to have been responsible for a series of suicide bombings that killed 12 Israeli civilians in the past - one of the suicide bombers he sent was his son - and had he lived it is very likely he would have been responsible for the deaths of more Israeli civilians, so perhaps that balances out the civilian deaths caused by his assassination.

While he will be mourned by Hamas supporters, not all Palestinians will mourn his loss despite the cost in civilian lives. Rayan personally led the coup against Fatah 18 months ago in which 100's of Palestinians believed loyal to Abbas were killed, some summarily executed by being tossed from rooftops while Hamas supporters on the roof and in the street cheered. No doubt there will be some cheering in Ramallah tonight.

They're dancing on the streets of Ramallah for this one. This guy was a sworn enemy of Abbas and Fatah.

I'll also admit sheer delight in this motherfucker's death. He's also responsible for several suicide bombings and he was the successor to one of the most evil human beings on the planet, Ahmed Yassin, that wheel chair bound mother fucker who's burning in the deepest, darkest depths of hell right now. Hundreds of innocent Israeli civilians were killed by this mother fucker.

BURN MOTHER FUCKER

Sheikahmedyassin300.jpg

Last edited:

But I do wonder if you made the same prayer when these thirty people (who weren't in the midst of a terrorist staging area or among the 40 tunnels used to commit terrorist acts) were killed.

Why do you think he/she did that? Because the poster calls him/herself Palestinain? Or do you have other reasons to think that because of opinions voiced in other posts he/she has made?

Why do you think he/she did that? Because the poster calls him/herself Palestinain? Or do you have other reasons to think that because of opinions voiced in other posts he/she has made?
i think she can think that based on the posts they have made thus far

no, but dont blame Israel when they die when you put them in harms way

When Israel kills children, Israel bears the responsibility for the killing, same as when Hamas kills children. Both sides have their eyes wide open when they aim their weapons.

When Israel kills children, Israel bears the responsibility for the killing, same as when Hamas kills children. Both sides have their eyes wide open when they aim their weapons.
if a gunman is killing everyone around you and not stopping, and you have a gun, but the gunman is holding a child, do you let the gunman keep killing people because you dont want to hurt the child, or do you shoot and hope you dont hit the child?

sorry ang, but Hamas treats the children as cannon fodder
the more that die, the more they parade them around to use as political weapons against Israel
and right now, it sounds like YOU are one of their targets and they have hit a bullseye

Only white Americans :lol:

Or maybe only whoever follows the teachings of the Bible..

' ...yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."

- Exodus 34:6-7

sorry ang, but Hamas treats the children as cannon fodder
the more that die, the more they parade them around to use as political weapons against Israel
and right now, it sounds like YOU are one of their targets and they have hit a bullseye

You can keep on making excuses and justifications, but killing a child is killing a child. I'd have more respect for Israel if at least they owned up to it rather that expect people to fall for their sophistry.

You can keep on making excuses and justifications, but killing a child is killing a child. I'd have more respect for Israel if at least they owned up to it rather that expect people to fall for their sophistry.

lol... typical twaddle... when people shoot missiles at other people and then put their children in harm's way, sometimes those children get hurt. It would be stupid to celebrate it, but it does't affect the ultimate necessity of stopping the garbage who are lobbing missiles.

Forum List

Back