Hamas boasts of continued tunnel building

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
The destruction of the widespread Hamas tunnel network was considered a major Israeli achievement of the recent war in Gaza, but the Hamas weekly newspaper Al-Risalah reports that Hamas continues digging tunnels from Gaza into Israel.

A reporter for Al-Risalah claims to have visited an “offensive tunnel” – a term referring to an underground conduit planned to be used in an attack against Israel. Hamas has attacked Israel via tunnels of this nature in the past, either by sending armed terrorists into Israel to target Israelis, or – as in the famous case of Gilad Shalit - by capturing a soldier nearby and abducting him into Gaza.

The tunnel purportedly visited by the reporter was destroyed by Israel during the recent war, but is now apparently being restored by Hamas, dozens of meters underground.

Link: Hamas Boasts of Continued Tunnel-Digging - Defense Security - News - Arutz Sheva

Why? Why can't they just get to the peace table and stop this??!!?!?!?!?!??!

:cuckoo:

Its like allowing the cat to watch the milk.
What would you do with 700m$? "I was thinking about a Ferrari or some tunnels I don't know.. "

What did you expect?

Bomb people to kill them, they dig down to find protection. Stop trying to kill them in their homes and they would not need to and you would not mind.

So what, make sure they are blocked on the Israel side, if they want tunnels underneath , what is it to you, you have a fence around them and you can monitor that. Do what Sisi did , he flooded them the tunnels, he didn't bomb them.

So what, make sure they are blocked on the Israel side, if they want tunnels underneath , what is it to you, you have a fence around them and you can monitor that. Do what Sisi did , he flooded them the tunnels, he didn't bomb them.

I think flooding the tunnels with people in them is murder. Please don't encourage the Israelis to murder Penelope. They need no encouragement.

I think flooding the tunnels with people in them is murder. Please don't encourage the Israelis to murder Penelope. They need no encouragement.

True, Sisi had sewage flow into them, I guess that wasn't flooding them, so I do take that back.
They might even use them as bomb shelters, since they have no where to run or hide.

The destruction of the widespread Hamas tunnel network was considered a major Israeli achievement of the recent war in Gaza, but the Hamas weekly newspaper Al-Risalah reports that Hamas continues digging tunnels from Gaza into Israel.

A reporter for Al-Risalah claims to have visited an “offensive tunnel” – a term referring to an underground conduit planned to be used in an attack against Israel. Hamas has attacked Israel via tunnels of this nature in the past, either by sending armed terrorists into Israel to target Israelis, or – as in the famous case of Gilad Shalit - by capturing a soldier nearby and abducting him into Gaza.

The tunnel purportedly visited by the reporter was destroyed by Israel during the recent war, but is now apparently being restored by Hamas, dozens of meters underground.

Link: Hamas Boasts of Continued Tunnel-Digging - Defense Security - News - Arutz Sheva

The real question is how does Israel know? Is this an excuse to monitor and cut down on rebuilding products such as wood and cement.
Guess we can look at the tunnels as bomb shelters, if indeed they are building some.

I think sewage can kill too. In any case, its not Israeli land and Gazans have every right to dig as deep as they like there.

Israel can, without killing, close off tunnels which are in Israel. Or they could make a just peace to take away the fear and conflict.

What did you expect?

Bomb people to kill them, they dig down to find protection. Stop trying to kill them in their homes and they would not need to and you would not mind.

Oh, so now Hamas is using the tunnels for protection? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With all the sophisticated tunnels they have, why did they not use the tunnels as bomb shelters Beezle ?

I think sewage can kill too. In any case, its not Israeli land and Gazans have every right to dig as deep as they like there.

Israel can, without killing, close off tunnels which are in Israel. Or they could make a just peace to take away the fear and conflict.

Your right they do. What was I thinking!!

Bezzle, you know god damn good and well the intent of the tunnels. They are not just to go deep under Gaza, they are to go into Israel from Gaza.

But, I think you and your girlfriend hit on a superb idea. Israel should go ahead and start using them for their sewage.

Their making too much money off the tunnels and the terrorism, they don't want to stop.

Bezzle, you know god damn good and well the intent of the tunnels. They are not just to go deep under Gaza, they are to go into Israel from Gaza.

But, I think you and your girlfriend hit on a superb idea. Israel should go ahead and start using them for their sewage.

I take that back, all you need to do is get rid of the opening on Israel's land and the other poster made the excellent point, that is their land, what is left of their land.

Its none of Israel's business , from now on they are bomb shelters. Israel has their underground bomb shelters why can't they?

The victors (Israel) dictate terms, not the losers (Palestinians).

Their making too much money off the tunnels and the terrorism, they don't want to stop.

How in the heck do they make money off of tunnels? duh. also how are they smuggling in anything now. Openings in Gaza are closed, unless Israel is smuggling them in weapons.

the Pals have not lost yet, they are still there.

I take that back, all you need to do is get rid of the opening on Israel's land and the other poster made the excellent point, that is their land, what is left of their land.

Its none of Israel's business , from now on they are bomb shelters. Israel has their underground bomb shelters why can't they?
The tunnels are not designed primarily as bomb shelters.

Southern tunnels are designed to smuggle weapons and supplies across the Egypt-Gaza border, and the Egyptians are doing a decent job of clobbering those.

Northern tunnels are designed to sneak Hamas commando units onto Israeli territory in order to sortie and commit violence upon the Israelis.

Israel will handle the Northern tunnels in any damned way that it sees fit.

How in the heck do they make money off of tunnels? duh. also how are they smuggling in anything now. Openings in Gaza are closed, unless Israel is smuggling them in weapons.

Goods are smuggled in through those tunnels dumb ass. Or are you trying to say these built these tunnels for free? :cuckoo:

the Pals have not lost yet, they are still there.
Yes - on a postage stamp -sized parcel or two of disconnected and non-contiguous land, which continues to shrink by the hour.

Surely, that's 'winning' - or, at least, the basis for realistic hope for a win - not.

Forum List

Back