Halloween

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Probably not my favorite holiday. I'm not overly fond of young children, especially when they come around begging. My adult children are lucky they survived (j/k)...

One thing I never understood about this holiday...

We as parents spend 364 days a year telling our children to not talk to or take candy from strangers, then we send them out the door one night a year to do just that.

What the hell...

Probably not my favorite holiday. I'm not overly fond of young children, especially when they come around begging. My adult children are lucky they survived (j/k)...

We as parents spend 364 days a year telling our children to not talk to or take candy from strangers, then we send them out the door one night a year to do just that.

What the hell...

I think people do this less and less, hjmick. I have not had trick or treaters for two years, and it was unusual before that. I think little ones are taken to parties nowadays...we have one here in my housing association, and they also have one at their school.

I have to say I ♥ Halloween. I love the costumes, the movies, the candy, the haunted houses, the parties...and fall is my favorite time of year. My kidlet is the same way...we made a whacking great deal out of Halloween whilst she was growing up, he he he.

ad_happy_halloween___animated_desktop_wallpaper-47876.jpg

When we were kids, we were just confined to go trick or treating in our own neighborhood, so everybody knew each other. Now I actually see parents driving in the neighborhood and are not from around the area. :wtf:

What the hell...

It makes Halloween that much more scary.

Technically, Halloween is a holiday celebrating extortion.

Trick or treat.

If you give me candy, your house will not be egged.

I live in the middle of nowhere. In the 18 years that I have lived here the only person who has ever come trick or treating is the little girl who lives in our rental house next door. She is my wife's second cousin's daughter. She is 5. She makes out real well when she ventures over to spook us. What a haul she lands when she comes a calling.

I LOVE making memories! There are going to be kids out there who grow up and will remember fondly, a house that was decorated and fun, and some lady gave me BIG bags of candy every year.

The bags weigh about 2 pounds each... have 3 full size candy bars and lots of other candy! We make 125 bags....and when they run out we give candy away by the handful.

What the hell...

I’ve had “trick-or-treaters” approach my home but I could always see adults (presumably parents) at the curb. I think that today’s Halloween participants are chaperoned.

I love Halloween. Mostly because I love all things scary. I enjoy being frightened and I enjoy doing the frightning! I find great joy in scaring the BA-Geez-us out of the kids that come trick-or-treating to my door. Though, I do feel bad when the little toddlers start crying. But the older kids ... heh ... heh ... heh.

I enjoy the decorating. Michael's becomes my home away from home and my front yard turns into a huge graveyard. This year, I think I'll turn it into half graveyard, half sincere pumpkin patch.

I need some clever ideas for costumes tho...tired of being a pirate every year.

Last edited:
I love Halloween. Mostly because I love all things scary. I enjoy being frightened and I enjoy doing the frightning! I find great joy in scaring the BA-Geez-us out of the kids that come trick-or-treating to my door. Though, I do feel bad when the little toddlers start crying. But the older kids ... heh ... heh ... heh.

I scared a kid one time by jumping out from behind a bush as he was coming up to the door... Poor little guy peed in his pants. His Mom was not very happy with me.:lol:

I enjoy the decorating. Michael's becomes my home away from home and my front yard turns into a huge graveyard. This year, I think I'll turn it into half graveyard, half sincere pumpkin patch.

I need some clever ideas for costumes tho...tired of being a pirate every year.

Costume? See your avatar, bodecea. You can go as "grumpy internet user", LOL.

As for decorating your house.....photos mebbe?

one of my best haloween costumes was as a flasher.

Trench coat, black dress socks, wingtips no pants and a fleshtone body stocking on under the coat.
with 6 flash strobes taped to my chest and groin area. Remote trigger for flashes in sleeve of coat.
Walk up with bare legs showing and whip open coat. FLASH!

Then I went as the invisible man once, had to convince the party hosts that I was ever even there.

Guess I am a stick in the mud. I am not that fond of Halloween. Sure can get good fresh candy in the stores though. :eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back