~ Halloween Treat ~

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
If you have not tried this for your kids ... it is a hoot! I used to make this for our kids, then grandkids, and they loved it! :D

Kitty+Litter+Cake

Kitty Litter Cake

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 large pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
1 pkg. vanilla sandwich cookies
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new (and definitely unused) kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new Pooper Scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using 5. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. (Mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it soggy. Combine gently).

Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box. Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.

Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top. (This is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.) Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.​

Last edited:
If you have not tried this for your kids ... it is a hoot! I used to make this for our kids, then grandkids, and they loved it! :D

Kitty+Litter+Cake

1 white cake mix
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new Pooper Scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using 5. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. (Mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it soggy. Combine gently).

Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box. Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.

Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top. (This is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.) Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.​
That looks interesting! But fun! My son isn't old enough yet but I might pass it on to my sister. this year is my son's first Halloween, he is going to be a Tiger!

That looks interesting! But fun! My son isn't old enough yet but I might pass it on to my sister. this year is my son's first Halloween, he is going to be a Tiger!

Your son will have a blast! :eusa_angel:

Halloween was always a fun holiday for us, the kids, then the grandkids. When we had to stop letting them go trick-or-treating (door to door- except neighbors and family) we started having parties in the garage with the neighborhood kids ... back to the old days of 'homemade' stuff that would not have drugs or razorblades stuck in it! :evil: It was really bad back in the early 80's! :( What a shame that some kids will never know the fun that could be had. :doubt:

Your son will have a blast! :eusa_angel:

Halloween was always a fun holiday for us, the kids, then the grandkids. When we had to stop letting them go trick-or-treating (door to door- except neighbors and family) we started having parties in the garage with the neighborhood kids ... back to the old days of 'homemade' stuff that would not have drugs or razorblades stuck in it! :evil: It was really bad back in the early 80's! :( What a shame that some kids will never know the fun that could be had. :doubt:
Did you know they have only had a few cases of that happening, I saw something on it. I loved Halloween and I grew up in a good neighborhood where people bring their kids to tick or treat! I went until I was sixteen. I love it. I can't wait to take my son! That is the best part about having kids I think you get to do all the fun stuff you did when you were kid.

Kitty+Litter+Cake

Kitty Litter Cake

1 white cake mix
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new Pooper Scooper

That one is creative. I love Halloween.

Did you know they have only had a few cases of that happening, I saw something on it. I loved Halloween and I grew up in a good neighborhood where people bring their kids to tick or treat! I went until I was sixteen. I love it. I can't wait to take my son! That is the best part about having kids I think you get to do all the fun stuff you did when you were kid.

It's also more likely in larger metropolitan areas.. When I was a kid, Trick or Treating was from 5:00pm til 9:00pm (Yay, night time!).

Now, the larger metropolitan areas are from 1:00 til 3:00 or 4:00.. Definitely over before nightfall, and parents march straight to the police stations to have the candy scanned....If there's not someone sitting on the porch with candy, kids are told to skip that house. Definitely NO knocking on doors and yelling "Trick or Treat!"

In my area, you can still Trick or Treat at night (mostly), and there are still people that do homemade treats.. 5:00 til 7:00 or 8:00... and everyone that takes part leaves a porch light on, so kids know what houses to skip...

Area is everything...

Looks fun! I may make this for my 7th grade class and their 1st grade 'buddies.' I guess I may need to make 2? (15 7th graders, 20 1st graders).

This is an interesting 'Bullshit' episode for those with kids, kinda fits where this thread went and supports Luissas statement with some facts, and a lady who lost her kid to one of the rare kidnappings:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

KK ... the P&T video is all about 'old wives tales' that have been proven do not hold water, long before they (P&T) came along. But still a good reminder for those that are paranoid about their kids, today.

The fact that parents are still concerned about their kids is seen today, at bus stops - where Mom's and Dad's still walk or drive, and wait with their kids until the bus comes, and leaves, then return to pick them up when they return home. At least I see that in the town we live in.

As far as Trick or Treating .... even back in the 70's when our kids were out doing thier thing .... you would see hoards of carload's with kids brought into the "middle class and or better" neighborhoods to get their Halloween treats. I am sure that 'lower income' families living in area's of town that might have been considered 'the other side of town' ... were concerned about their kids getting candy at houses where known drug users might live. Maybe?

I was making a point that parents today are more observent ... and take their kids to church, school, or private home Halloween parties ... where they know their kids are safe. A very good idea, in my mind.

It is all ..... "Area is everything..."

btw .... this cake (despite) how it looks ... is actually pretty tasty .... if you can get past the looks and idea it is suppose to represent. :lol:

KK ... the P&T video is all about 'old wives tales' that have been proven do not hold water, long before they (P&T) came along. But still a good reminder for those that are paranoid about their kids, today.

The fact that parents are still concerned about their kids is seen today, at bus stops - where Mom's and Dad's still walk or drive, and wait with their kids until the bus comes, and leaves, then return to pick them up when they return home. At least I see that in the town we live in.

As far as Trick or Treating .... even back in the 70's when our kids were out doing thier thing .... you would see hoards of carload's with kids brought into the "middle class and or better" neighborhoods to get their Halloween treats. I am sure that 'lower income' families living in area's of town that might have been considered 'the other side of town' ... were concerned about their kids getting candy at houses where known drug users might live. Maybe?

I was making a point that parents today are more observent ... and take their kids to church, school, or private home Halloween parties ... where they know their kids are safe. A very good idea, in my mind.

It is all ..... "Area is everything..."

btw .... this cake (despite) how it looks ... is actually pretty tasty .... if you can get past the looks and idea it is suppose to represent. :lol:

It's mentioned about the 'Stranger Danger' more in the last two parts, the first parts of their shows are generally a bit hit and miss on the topic. There is a lady who talks about how the fears of the parents are ruining their kids lives, and she lost her daughter to a kidnapper. Oh, and not looking to discuss it in this thread, I like recipes and just posted it as a side note.

Last edited:

Since we were talking about this last week thought this should be added.
Candy with chemical in Chinese milk found in Conn. - Yahoo! News

My recipe doesn't have the green food coloring, but does use a sprinkling of sifted powdered sugar. It gives the, um, brown stuff the look of being, um, slightly deodorized by "litter".

My recipe doesn't have the green food coloring, but does use a sprinkling of sifted powdered sugar. It gives the, um, brown stuff the look of being, um, slightly deodorized by "litter".
I can't wait to do all this for my son in a few years! I love Halloween. I will for sure have to post a pic of him in his tiger costume for CA and you guys!

Forum List

Back