Halloween Plans - Is this fair?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
In about 2 hours we are getting the kids dressed in a Chicago Bears theme (my 4 yr is Lance Briggs, my 2 yr is a cheerleader and my 2 month old is a football) and we're meeting a group of other parents and kids to go trick or treating.

Then we are dropping the kids off at the in-laws house and going to an adult Halloween party. Here is the unfairness. My wife's friend is having a party, but so is a good buddy on mine! It wasn't even up for discussion, my wife's friend wins out! My wife has a point that her friend's party is only a few miles away and my buddy's party is in the city. However, my buddy always has huge and funny parties, her friends party is going to be a wine and cheese thing! Even though I haven't been an undergrad in years and have a ton of responsibilities, the frat boy part of me always likes to make appearances. I just don't see the fun in a civilized Halloween party!

Why is it that women always get to make the plans? Oh well, I guess that's marriage! I know I know I should grow some ballz, but sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles!

Happy Halloween! Oh yea I am going as Da Coach!

Last edited:
Pick your battles. You could always go to your friends after putting in some time at her friends. Personally, I wouldn't care that much, but that's just me.

On the other hand, could she have plans for later - you know, kidless plans? :lol:

In about 2 hours we are getting the kids dress (my 4 yr is Lance Briggs, my 2 yr is a cheerleader and my 2 month old is a football) and we are meeting we a group of other parents and kids to go trick or treating.

Then we are dropping the kids off at the in-laws house and going to an adult halloween party. My wife friend is having a party, but so is a good buddy on mine! It was like is wasn't even up for discussion, my wife's friend wins out! My wife has a point that her friend's party is only a few miles away and my buddies party is in the city. However, my buddies always has huge and funny parties, her friends party is going to be like a win and cheese thing!

Why is it that women always get to make the plans? Oh well I guess that is marriage!

stop in long enough to make appearance at hers then off to your buddies

In about 2 hours we are getting the kids dress (my 4 yr is Lance Briggs, my 2 yr is a cheerleader and my 2 month old is a football) and we are meeting we a group of other parents and kids to go trick or treating.

Then we are dropping the kids off at the in-laws house and going to an adult halloween party. My wife friend is having a party, but so is a good buddy on mine! It was like is wasn't even up for discussion, my wife's friend wins out! My wife has a point that her friend's party is only a few miles away and my buddies party is in the city. However, my buddies always has huge and funny parties, her friends party is going to be like a win and cheese thing!

Why is it that women always get to make the plans? Oh well I guess that is marriage!

Oh I wish it was that easy! :(

Oh I wish it was that easy! :(

stand up act like you got a pair.

In about 2 hours we are getting the kids dressed in a Chicago Bears theme (my 4 yr is Lance Briggs, my 2 yr is a cheerleader and my 2 month old is a football) and we're meeting a group of other parents and kids to go trick or treating.

Then we are dropping the kids off at the in-laws house and going to an adult Halloween party. Here is the unfairness. My wife's friend is having a party, but so is a good buddy on mine! It wasn't even up for discussion, my wife's friend wins out! My wife has a point that her friend's party is only a few miles away and my buddy's party is in the city. However, my buddy always has huge and funny parties, her friends party is going to be a wine and cheese thing! Even though I haven't been an undergrad in years and have a ton of responsibilities, the frat boy part of me always likes to make appearances. I just don't see the fun in a civilized Halloween party!

Why is it that women always get to make the plans? Oh well, I guess that's marriage! I know I know I should grow some ballz, but sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles!

enjoy your moments of fantasizing that you are "coach" of anything

stand up act like you got a pair.

$HellFrozenOver-notext-640x.jpeg

Forum List

Back