Halloween Patriotism Crushed in Wilmingtin, NC.

Seems if you impose a political template, anything from a harsh police reaction to a patriotic chant to cops cracking heads BEFORE thing got out of hand is possible. Both are ridiculous, but possible.

It's hard to see what provoked the cops to fire the gas.

I could not find one news story about this. That would really bother me if I lived there. According to some blogs, the street is always closed when the bars get out so no one was blocking traffic. People crowd there every weekend. The mounted police were prepared with tear gas and masks. No megaphones were used to try and disperse the crowd. They just put on their gas masks and sprayed.

If true, that is some scary shit.

Wilmington is known for this shit.

It is well known to avoid the cops as much as you can, no matter what color you are.

Yet you support the state cracking down on their freedom, and fail to see the irony when I call you on it. Do you even know that the Colbert rally was all about you?

Wrong. I'm in the Restore Sanity side.

Tea Partiers=/= Fascists

Please link to one source where they explicitly state that they are going to fundamentally alter the form of government and transform it into a police state like Nazi Germany.

Highly right wing? Yes. Fascist? No. Just a petty, political epithet you decided to throw to give credence to your argument without it having basis in fact.

Hey stupid, fascist (according to the dictionary, which is the book that we've all agreed on to define words for us) is defined by someone who has extreme right wing views.

You've said yourself that they are highly (meaning extreme) right wing.

Try again failure, you lose.

Wrong. I'm in the Restore Sanity side.

Tea Partiers=/= Fascists

Please link to one source where they explicitly state that they are going to fundamentally alter the form of government and transform it into a police state like Nazi Germany.

Highly right wing? Yes. Fascist? No. Just a petty, political epithet you decided to throw to give credence to your argument without it having basis in fact.

Hey stupid, fascist (according to the dictionary, which is the book that we've all agreed on to define words for us) is defined by someone who has extreme right wing views.

Yes, please do try again.

Fascist - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Fascism | Define Fascism at Dictionary.com

fascism: Definition from Answers.com

fascism - Wiktionary

Funny how none of these dictionaries mentions anything about right or left wing. The only mention of anything like that comes from the definition you posted without a link, which makes me think you made it up.

Even if your definition is accurate, which it is not, you would still have to prove that the Tea Party is extreme in any way, or that it is right wing. Until you manage to prove all three of those things you cannot do any more than blather.

I know you probably think blathering is communicating, but it isn't.

Tea Partiers=/= Fascists

fascism - Wiktionary

Funny how none of these dictionaries mentions anything about right or left wing. The only mention of anything like that comes from the definition you posted without a link, which makes me think you made it up.

Even if your definition is accurate, which it is not, you would still have to prove that the Tea Party is extreme in any way, or that it is right wing. Until you manage to prove all three of those things you cannot do any more than blather.

The tea baggers are funded by the GOP. All teabagger candidates are Republican. The teabaggers want to enact extreme laws such as repealing minimum wage.

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of fascist (i.e. definition number 3 on my post) is someone with extreme right wing views.

fascism - Wiktionary

The tea baggers are funded by the GOP. All teabagger candidates are Republican. The teabaggers want to enact extreme laws such as repealing minimum wage.

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of fascist (i.e. definition number 3 on my post) is someone with extreme right wing views.

The Tea Party is funded by Republicans? Which Tea Party is that? The one that ran Democratic shills as Tea Party members in order to split the votes from Republican candidates probably isn't getting much from the Republicans.

All Tea Party candidates are Republicans? Does that include the legitimate Tea Party members who ran against Republicans?

Why is repealing the minimum wage an example of an "extreme law?" How is a law that only affects a very small percentage of workers vital to anything, other than a social agenda?

That definition also said a fascist is dictatorial.

1.of or pertaining to a dictator or dictatorship.

2. appropriate to, or characteristic of, a dictator; absolute; unlimited: dictatorial powers in wartime.

3. inclined to dictate or command; imperious; overbearing: a dictatorial attitude.

Dictatorial | Define Dictatorial at Dictionary.com

Looking at Dictionary.com I could make the argument that you are inclined to dictate or command, using your preference to stomp out the Tea PArty through use of government force as an example, and prove that you are a fascist yourself. The reason it is the third option is it is the one that is least correct, and thus not the one you want to use to hang a point on lest you be hoist by your own hyperbole.

Question, what political party were they, Teabaggers?

If they were, I'd say the teargas was acceptable.

Typical progressive. The police state has the right to violently squash anyone with an opinion that do not like. I bet you think the Tea Party are Nazis, don't you?

No, actually, I don't. I do NOT think that the teabaggers are Nazis.

I think they're fascists.
fas·cist
   /ˈfæʃɪst/ Show Spelled[fash-ist] Show IPA
–noun
1.a person who believes in or sympathizes with fascism.
2.( often initial capital letter ) a member of a fascist movement or party.
3.a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views.
–adjective
4.Also, fa·scis·tic  /fəˈʃɪstɪk/ Show Spelled[fuh-shis-tik] Show IPA. of or like fascism or fascists.

Pay special attention to number 3 definition. Most teabaggers are dictatorial (why they won't allow gays or other forms of spirituality other than Christianity is beyond me), as well as they take EXTREME right wing views. Shall we talk about getting rid of social security and abolishing the minimum wage?

Classic. Tea Party / right being accused of "fascist". You do know that fascism requires a huge, authoritarian government right?

The real definition of fascism:

often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Also quite ironic that you say you support the tear gassing of your opposition, yet accuse them of being fascist. :lol:

And if the right was engaged in "forcible suppression of opposition" I am wondering how they let the Dems take complete control of the government between 2006 and 2008.

Do we even have to address the "dictatorial leader" part with the enless Czars and executive orders we see coming from your beloved leader?

Forum List

Back