Halloween Patriotism Crushed in Wilmingtin, NC.

Ozmar

This tree will shoot you.
Aug 25, 2010
North Carolina
I was about a block away. People started chanting "USA" in the street, and the Wilmington PD threw tear gas.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOIH_mcMPy0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNE5YZ3oBNQ&NR=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPSAkti6txw&NR=1[/ame]

Maybe the French should employ those tactics on angry Muslims...

The cops wanted to participate in the festivities and didn't have any candy to pass out...:eusa_shhh:

I hate to burst your bubble... but in the real world, not everyone is a partisan hack. It was a mixed crowd, multiracial, many different political and religious persuasions, dressed up for Halloween, chanting USA. This is the real world where not everyone is looking for a political rally, or a racial riot, etc... and this was in the South...

Looks like the cops got pro-active on an unruly crowd before anything bad happened.

It's not uncommon for cities to break up crowds on days like this. It's not like they broke out the batans.

The freedom of assembly is enshrined in the following human rights instruments:
Examples of the national and regional constitutions recognising the freedom of assembly are:

source

We have no idea from those videos what prompted the police to fire off teargas.

Where some kids in background jumping on a car in the middle of the street?

It appeared that way, but I cannot be sure.

Question, what political party were they, Teabaggers?

If they were, I'd say the teargas was acceptable.

Typical progressive. The police state has the right to violently squash anyone with an opinion that do not like. I bet you think the Tea Party are Nazis, don't you?

Looks like the cops got pro-active on an unruly crowd before anything bad happened.

It's not uncommon for cities to break up crowds on days like this. It's not like they broke out the batans.

What evidence that you have that the crowd was unruly? Why do police get to go straight to violence to deal with an "unruly" crowd, yet have to justify shooting a black teenager armed with a gun?

We have no idea from those videos what prompted the police to fire off teargas.

Where some kids in background jumping on a car in the middle of the street?

It appeared that way, but I cannot be sure.

It did look that way, but firing tear gas into a crowd that is mostly peaceful should be a last resort, not a first one. I would like to know more, but it looks bad.

Typical progressive. The police state has the right to violently squash anyone with an opinion that do not like. I bet you think the Tea Party are Nazis, don't you?

No, actually, I don't. I do NOT think that the teabaggers are Nazis.

I think they're fascists.

fas·cist
   /ˈfæʃɪst/ Show Spelled[fash-ist] Show IPA
–noun
1.a person who believes in or sympathizes with fascism.
2.( often initial capital letter ) a member of a fascist movement or party.
3.a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views.
–adjective
4.Also, fa·scis·tic  /fəˈʃɪstɪk/ Show Spelled[fuh-shis-tik] Show IPA. of or like fascism or fascists.

Pay special attention to number 3 definition. Most teabaggers are dictatorial (why they won't allow gays or other forms of spirituality other than Christianity is beyond me), as well as they take EXTREME right wing views. Shall we talk about getting rid of social security and abolishing the minimum wage?

The street was blocked off so that people could walk on it. There were no cars parked in the middle of the street.

fas·cist
–noun
–adjective
4.Also, fa·scis·tic  /fəˈʃɪstɪk/ Show Spelled[fuh-shis-tik] Show IPA. of or like fascism or fascists.
Pay special attention to number 3 definition. Most teabaggers are dictatorial (why they won't allow gays or other forms of spirituality other than Christianity is beyond me), as well as they take EXTREME right wing views. Shall we talk about getting rid of social security and abolishing the minimum wage?

Yet you support the state cracking down on their freedom, and fail to see the irony when I call you on it. Do you even know that the Colbert rally was all about you?

fas·cist
–noun
–adjective

Yet you support the state cracking down on their freedom, and fail to see the irony when I call you on it. Do you even know that the Colbert rally was all about you?

Wrong. I'm in the Restore Sanity side.

Wrong. I'm in the Restore Sanity side.

Tea Partiers=/= Fascists

Please link to one source where they explicitly state that they are going to fundamentally alter the form of government and transform it into a police state like Nazi Germany.

Highly right wing? Yes. Fascist? No. Just a petty, political epithet you decided to throw to give credence to your argument without it having basis in fact.

Forum List

Back