Halloween: do you celebrate it, and how?

What if your belief is based on faulty information? How long would you survive in a society where you believed everything you were told because it felt right to you on some level / or agreed with what you already decided was truth? Do you believe politicians without investigating their history? Would you vote for them because they had a nice haircut and dressed the same way you do? Do you believe a used car dealer because he tells you the vehicle he is selling is a cream puff? Wouldn't you wonder if he said a test drive wasn't necessary before you purchased it? Would it not be using wisdom to examine some facts about the roots of Paganism before accepting everything you've been told as 100% truth?

Why do you assume that I haven't spent as much time and energy investigating and choosing my path as you have spent on yours?

Hubris. If you don't celebrate Halloween/Samhain, go your merry way, and be well. But, stop spreading hate in my thread about things you have zero understanding of.

Your fear consumes you.

So at my house, Halloween, which we celebrate as Samhain, is one of my favorite times of the year. I believe that Samhain is when the veils between the living and the dead are thinnest. We decorate the house in the usual way: pumpkins, ghosts, owls (who are believed to be messengers between the worlds of the living and the dead), scarecrows, etc. we give out candy to the neighbor kids and sometimes dress up. But, I also light candles and remember the people I love who are no longer with me, and send thoughts of love and respect to them. It is a time for remembering while also celebrating the change of seasons as the wheel of time moves ever around in an eternal circle.

As an aside, my grandmother passed away on November 1, 2015, which several denominations celebrate as All Saints Day and use to remember the blessing of eternal life. I think I miss her even more now than I did 10 years ago.

By and large I don't celebrate any holidays. I'll attend a dinner, buy a gift for someone's birthday and on Christmas (secular version with Santa and such,) but I don't attach any cosmic sognificance to dates. It's arbitrary and made-up.

It is a satanic day and no child should be permitted to participate in it. Adults should have enough sense to stay away from it and have nothing to do with it. By celebrating that day you are opening the door to demonic oppression, satanic attacks on yourself and your loved ones. There is no such thing as good witchcraft. It is all evil and people should have no part of it.

Satan has no place in paganism. The only person worshipping, honoring and feeding power to satan in this thread is you.

What if your belief is based on faulty information? How long would you survive in a society where you believed everything you were told because it felt right to you on some level / or agreed with what you already decided was truth? Do you believe politicians without investigating their history? Would you vote for them because they had a nice haircut and dressed the same way you do? Do you believe a used car dealer because he tells you the vehicle he is selling is a cream puff? Wouldn't you wonder if he said a test drive wasn't necessary before you purchased it? Would it not be using wisdom to examine some facts about the roots of Paganism before accepting everything you've been told as 100% truth?

Its religions who are selling used cars and telling their believers not to listen to their common sense or what they see and know with their eyes and brains.

Just like the various "gods", the existence of a devil or satan is a human construct.

Humans decide whether or not to believe in these superstitions. Believing or not believing does not make them any more real.

It is a satanic day and no child should be permitted to participate in it. Adults should have enough sense to stay away from it and have nothing to do with it. By celebrating that day you are opening the door to demonic oppression, satanic attacks on yourself and your loved ones. There is no such thing as good witchcraft. It is all evil and people should have no part of it.

Satan has no place in paganism. The only person worshipping, honoring and feeding power to satan in this thread is you.

Its religions who are selling used cars and telling their believers not to listen to their common sense or what they see and know with their eyes and brains.

Just like the various "gods", the existence of a devil or satan is a human construct.

Humans decide whether or not to believe in these superstitions. Believing or not believing does not make them any more real.

That is what you have been told and that is what you have believed (that Satan is a human construct) but the truth is you haven't done enough research to learn the truth, Luddly. Which is what I was trying to explain to Pillars. I have nothing against Pillars. I've read posts by Pillars and they have made some valid points on various discussions. I am merely questioning whether or not they did a thorough examination of what they were told. To learn if it be true or not. Because I can tell you right now? It's not true. Satan is real. Wicca is a religion of the wicked one -even if you do not acknowledge him and it is taking people to a real hell and is really dangerous. If I didn't care about you and Pillars? I would not try to talk to you about it.

If I didn't care about you and Pillars? I would not try to talk to you about it.

I absolve you of the responsibility to talk to me. I have chosen my path, you have chosen yours. There is nothing appealing about your fear-based dogma, and no one has invited you to prostelytize. I hope and pray that someday you stop living in fear, but I doubt you ever will.

Jeri, you're more than welcome to believe whatever you wish.

The same is true of others.

Halloweentown: Haberdashery

I'm a fan of comic book heroes such as Batman (DC Comics) and pulp/horror films such as "Halloween" [1978], and I like my Halloween decorations and candies/foods to reflect this --- i.e., candied apples with fake blood jam, gold belts and face cut-outs, etc.

I like selecting the right kind of music too:

1. Nicoletta Larson's "Lotta Love" (a sweet song written by Neil Young)
2. The Carpenters' "Close to You" (an enchantment song written by Burt Bacharach/Hal David)
3. Tori Amos' "Silent All These Years" (an unusual song)
4. The Verve's "Lucky Man" (a catchy song)

In general, I want Halloween to look and feel alive; and I like small pumpkins. This is a great thread topic, since we Americans like to contemplate the nice mix between Catholicism and Wicca.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (Film)

Green_goblin2.jpg
table-setting.jpg

Forum List

Back