Halloween: do you celebrate it, and how?

pillars

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2014
UNC
So at my house, Halloween, which we celebrate as Samhain, is one of my favorite times of the year. I believe that Samhain is when the veils between the living and the dead are thinnest. We decorate the house in the usual way: pumpkins, ghosts, owls (who are believed to be messengers between the worlds of the living and the dead), scarecrows, etc. we give out candy to the neighbor kids and sometimes dress up. But, I also light candles and remember the people I love who are no longer with me, and send thoughts of love and respect to them. It is a time for remembering while also celebrating the change of seasons as the wheel of time moves ever around in an eternal circle.

As an aside, my grandmother passed away on November 1, 2015, which several denominations celebrate as All Saints Day and use to remember the blessing of eternal life. I think I miss her even more now than I did 10 years ago.

By far, the most annoying holiday of the year.

I try to ignore it as much as I can.

It is a satanic day and no child should be permitted to participate in it. Adults should have enough sense to stay away from it and have nothing to do with it. By celebrating that day you are opening the door to demonic oppression, satanic attacks on yourself and your loved ones. There is no such thing as good witchcraft. It is all evil and people should have no part of it.

It is a satanic day and no child should be permitted to participate in it. Adults should have enough sense to stay away from it and have nothing to do with it. By celebrating that day you are opening the door to demonic oppression, satanic attacks on yourself and your loved ones. There is no such thing as good witchcraft. It is all evil and people should have no part of it.
Nope...it's one of the High Holy Days. You don't want to participate, feel free. But don't try to tell us what we can do.

Jeri is a babbling witch, disguised as a Christian. Wicca is not witch craft, it is a pagan nature and fertility cult.

Last edited:

Give it a rest, wouldja?

You KNOW that what pillars wrote is the opposite of what you say. You KNOW that one must believe in the existence of a devil in order to worship it and you KNOW that Wicca does not. You KNOW that the Wiccan Rede states 'An ye harm none, do as ye will'. And you KNOW Wiccans believe that what they do, good or bad, comes back to them threefold.

All you preach is hate, hate, hate.

Give it a rest, wouldja?

You KNOW that what pillars wrote is the opposite of what you say. You KNOW that one must believe in the existence of a devil in order to worship it and you KNOW that Wicca does not. You KNOW that the Wiccan Rede states 'An ye harm none, do as ye will'. And you KNOW Wiccans believe that what they do, good or bad, comes back to them threefold.

All you preach is hate, hate, hate.
She does not preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.

So at my house, Halloween, which we celebrate as Samhain, is one of my favorite times of the year. I believe that Samhain is when the veils between the living and the dead are thinnest. We decorate the house in the usual way: pumpkins, ghosts, owls (who are believed to be messengers between the worlds of the living and the dead), scarecrows, etc. we give out candy to the neighbor kids and sometimes dress up. But, I also light candles and remember the people I love who are no longer with me, and send thoughts of love and respect to them. It is a time for remembering while also celebrating the change of seasons as the wheel of time moves ever around in an eternal circle.

As an aside, my grandmother passed away on November 1, 2015, which several denominations celebrate as All Saints Day and use to remember the blessing of eternal life. I think I miss her even more now than I did 10 years ago.
November 1, 2015?............... obvious typo................ today is October 6, 2015 ..........

I celebrate Halloween on Oct 31, Samhein all night Oct 31 and all day Nov 1, and Dia de Los Muertos on Oct 31, Nov 1, and Nov 2. For me it is the most epic time of year... a three day Pagan festival of death combining my own rituals and traditions with various other cultures around the world, past and present.

All of October just has this dark, black, beautiful energy about it. It is the one month out of the year where every day feels like a Sabbat.

Satan has no place in paganism. The only person worshipping, honoring and feeding power to satan in this thread is you.

November 1, 2015?............... obvious typo................ today is October 6, 2015 ..........

Oh, sorry...November 1, 2005. Typing on the phone is hard.

Satan has no place in paganism. The only person worshipping, honoring and feeding power to satan in this thread is you.

You are mistaken. You are serving Satan even though you do not believe he exists. I am well aware that many pagan witches do not believe Satan exists but any Satanist here could (if they are willing)tell you that Satan is real and you are serving him whether you believe it or not.

A book that explains the truth about Wicca would be the one that William Schoenbelen wrote called Wicca - Satan's little white lie. He and his wife were involved in Wicca. In his book, Bill writes in the introduction to his book,

I was a witch! I was a sold-out, goddess-worshipping witch! When my "lady" and I chipped the ice out of the stream in the middle of the Iowa wilderness to bathe and then celebrate the March equinox naked under the stars, w were totally consumed for Wicca. We drove 170 miles one way every weekend to teach classes in Wicca in a car with a bumper sticker which said, "In Goddess we trust!"

We were kicked out of almost every apartment we tried to rent for wild circle dances and burning frankincense, and we had a firebomb thrown into one temple because we dared to publicly proclaim the goddess!

Wicca is one of the more seductive deceptions that Satan has come up with. It is the contemporary name for he cult of so-called "white" witchcraft or Neo-Paganism, which has been enjoying a renaissance in the United States.
-Bill Schoenbelen

Bill found out that he and his wife were really serving Satan and that revelation led to their coming to Jesus Christ and becoming born again Christians. As the Bible tells us, The Truth Shall Set You Free!

Oh, sorry...November 1, 2005. Typing on the phone is hard.

That is understandable as the buttons on a cell phone are very tiny. I certainly appreciate your effort and willingness to participate in the discussion, Pillars.

What if your belief is based on faulty information? How long would you survive in a society where you believed everything you were told because it felt right to you on some level / or agreed with what you already decided was truth? Do you believe politicians without investigating their history? Would you vote for them because they had a nice haircut and dressed the same way you do? Do you believe a used car dealer because he tells you the vehicle he is selling is a cream puff? Wouldn't you wonder if he said a test drive wasn't necessary before you purchased it? Would it not be using wisdom to examine some facts about the roots of Paganism before accepting everything you've been told as 100% truth?

I was a witch! I was a sold-out, goddess-worshipping witch! When my "lady" and I chipped the ice out of the stream in the middle of the Iowa wilderness to bathe and then celebrate the March equinox naked under the stars, w were totally consumed for Wicca. We drove 170 miles one way every weekend to teach classes in Wicca in a car with a bumper sticker which said, "In Goddess we trust!"

We were kicked out of almost every apartment we tried to rent for wild circle dances and burning frankincense, and we had a firebomb thrown into one temple because we dared to publicly proclaim the goddess!

Wicca is one of the more seductive deceptions that Satan has come up with. It is the contemporary name for he cult of so-called "white" witchcraft or Neo-Paganism, which has been enjoying a renaissance in the United States.
-Bill Schoenbelen

Bill found out that he and his wife were really serving Satan and that revelation led to their coming to Jesus Christ and becoming born again Christians. As the Bible tells us, The Truth Shall Set You Free!

I don't even mention the name satan, but you can't ever shut up about him. What you focus on, you feed.

Thus, you sustain Satan in the guise of declaiming him.

Forum List

Back