Halloween Costume a Bit Too Convincing

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137641,00.html

A Kentucky man's gory Halloween costume was pretty good — so good that he was pulled over and held at gunpoint by police.

Bryan Gibson of Falmouth, Ky., really wanted to win the $50 prize for Best Costume at his workplace Halloween party Oct. 28.

So he decided to become the "grill master" — a backyard barbecuer whose propane tank had exploded in his face.

He blackened his face, sprayed his hair into a wild pattern, splashed fake blood all over himself and used latex to create the illusion of scorched, mangled flesh, according to a story in the Cincinnati Post.

"You kind of pick and peel at it so it looks like shreds of loose skin hanging off," he explained.

He tossed an oven mitt and a spatula into his car, then began the 30-mile drive north to his Cincinnati office.

After a little while, Gibson started hearing sirens.

"I keep looking in my rearview, but I never did see any flashing lights," he related to the newspaper. "So I keep driving, doing the speed limit, stopping at all the lights."

He finally made it into town, crossing the Ohio River (search) and pulling off the highway onto city streets.

"Next thing I know," Gibson said, "this guy whips out in front of me ..., blocks me off and jumps out of his car with his gun pulled on me."

He said the gunman was in plainclothes and didn't show a badge.

"He's yelling at me, 'Get out of the [expletive] car! Raise your [expletive] hands!'" Gibson said. "And I'm freaking out, thinking, 'What in the world is going on?'"

The man forced Gibson out of his car, then flipped him onto the hood, spreading his arms and legs.

"He said I was in a world of trouble and that I'd stirred up a hornet's nest because he'd been getting complaints about me all the way into town," Gibson said. "And I'm saying: 'Sir, we're having a costume party today at work. Please don't arrest me.'"

As this was happening, two Cincinnati police cruisers blocked off the street and the adjacent freeway exit.

"It was just a mass of police cars surrounding this guy, who looked like he was wearing a wolfman head or something," said local radio personality Mark Perzel (search), a witness to the incident. "I'd been listening to [a] helicopter traffic guy ... describing somebody in a bloody Halloween outfit who was turning heads all the way up [highways] 27 and 471."

The plainclothes cop demanded to see Gibson's wallet.

"I took my hand off the roof of my car to point to where my wallet was, and the guy flips out again," Gibson said. "I told him my name, then he asked where I lived. When I told him I live in Falmouth, he said, 'Oh [expletive], it's a Halloween costume.'"

"Then he said, 'Man, you got me. Now hurry onto work,'" Gibson continued. "And I'm thinking, 'I got you? Who's going to pay the laundry bill for my pants?' But he let me go."

Gibson never found out the name of the officer who'd pulled him over. A Cincinnati police officer told the Post he wasn't familiar with the incident.

"If you're going to a Halloween party in Cincinnati," said witness Perzel, "wait until you get there to put on the makeup."

For the record, Gibson did win the $50 Best Costume prize.

-Cp said:
"Next thing I know," Gibson said, "this guy whips out in front of me ..., blocks me off and jumps out of his car with his gun pulled on me."
LMAO!!!!
Okay, if this happened to me, I'd freak, but since it didn't :rotflmao:

-Cp said:
A Cincinnati police officer told the Post he wasn't familiar with the incident.
\

I call bullshit. I know how cops are and there's no way in hell there's a cop in Cinncinnati that didn't know all about this. Makes me wonder if it wasn't the bnehead that pulled him over that they talked to and he was hoping to let the whole thing blow over.

Gee, a guy looking all mangled and is calmly driving down the road around Halloween. Ya think.... nah.

My question is why on earth would cops pull him over for wearing a costume? i dont believe it.

My question is why on earth would cops pull him over for wearing a costume? i dont believe it.

Really.

And if he was all bloody and looked like he needed help, then why didn't they "help" him?

I also call :bs1:
what crime had he committed?
they had that many squad cars because of people complaining about a gory costume? I probably would have looked at the guy on the freeway and just gave a thumbs-up.
Besides, it's Halloween...something like his costume is not that unusual. Plus, the cop didn't have a badge or even a uniform?
:poop:

Forum List

Back