Halliburton, Obama, no bid contracts, where is the out rage?

I suppose the rightwingers will be happy to show me where the president is profiting from these contracts like dick cheney did.

oh right... they can't. :eusa_whistle:

FYI:

Liberals often cite the no-bid contract the administration awarded to Halliburton for work in Iraq as an example of Cheney using his position to improve his own finances.However, this assertion does not stand-up against the facts—for Cheney did a very thorough job at disintegrating his financial ties to Halliburton. Before Cheney became Vice President, both he and his wife signed an agreement to donate all of the proceeds from selling stock options from Halliburton and other companies to go to charities.

Specifically, he donated the funds to the University of Wyoming, George Washington University, and an organization that helps low-income students in Washington D.C. attend private and religious schools.In fact, deferred salary payments are the only fiscal link between Cheney and Halliburton. In 1998, Cheney decided to have half of his salary for 1999 spread-out over five years to reduce taxes.

Cheney earned the money and Halliburton set the amount of the payments before he took office. Although technically bankruptcy could cause Halliburton to not make the payments, Cheney purchased an insurance policy on the payments. The payments are totally independent of Halliburton's performance. Thus, the deferred salary payments do not really cause a conflict of interest as many liberals declare.
Stanford Review [v3.0] - January 28, 2005

I for one understand the need for no bid contracts with the government in regards to Haliburton, no matter who is, was, or will be president. Haliburton is a very specialized field that's located in several countries in the world. They are shovel ready to do the job. If the government had to create a bid scenario, it could take years to go through that process.

Look, here I am, being outraged. Oh, and look there...not much I can do about it. I know...I can vote for a Republican in 2012! I'm sure they will do all they can to stop these no bid contracts...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you won't vote republican, thats no big deal. What I'm curious about is whether you'll still vote for obama, knowing he's just more of the same?

Yes, I will still vote for President Obama because he isn't "more of the same" just because he does SOME of the things the prior admin (in fact, many prior admins) did.

I suppose the rightwingers will be happy to show me where the president is profiting from these contracts like dick cheney did.

FYI:

Liberals often cite the no-bid contract the administration awarded to Halliburton for work in Iraq as an example of Cheney using his position to improve his own finances.However, this assertion does not stand-up against the facts—for Cheney did a very thorough job at disintegrating his financial ties to Halliburton. Before Cheney became Vice President, both he and his wife signed an agreement to donate all of the proceeds from selling stock options from Halliburton and other companies to go to charities.

Specifically, he donated the funds to the University of Wyoming, George Washington University, and an organization that helps low-income students in Washington D.C. attend private and religious schools.In fact, deferred salary payments are the only fiscal link between Cheney and Halliburton. In 1998, Cheney decided to have half of his salary for 1999 spread-out over five years to reduce taxes.

Cheney earned the money and Halliburton set the amount of the payments before he took office. Although technically bankruptcy could cause Halliburton to not make the payments, Cheney purchased an insurance policy on the payments. The payments are totally independent of Halliburton's performance. Thus, the deferred salary payments do not really cause a conflict of interest as many liberals declare.
Stanford Review [v3.0] - January 28, 2005

I for one understand the need for no bid contracts with the government in regards to Haliburton, no matter who, was, or will be president. Haliburton is a very specialized field that's located in several countries in the world. They are shovel ready to do the job. If the government had to create a bid scenario, it could take years to go through that process.

It is so simple
If you want to compete, its there
Its a special thing those companies due

Look, here I am, being outraged. Oh, and look there...not much I can do about it. I know...I can vote for a Republican in 2012! I'm sure they will do all they can to stop these no bid contracts...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you won't vote republican, thats no big deal. What I'm curious about is whether you'll still vote for obama, knowing he's just more of the same?

Yes, I will still vote for President Obama because he isn't "more of the same" just because he does SOME of the things the prior admin (in fact, many prior admins) did.

Is not more of the same?
no he is the same on super steroids
why is it being a liberal living in denial the same?
GWB policies and Obama are the same, except Obama went 2-4 times more on some
from deficit spending (billions vs trillions) to Gitmo to patriot act to drone attacks to no child left behind (Obama has no teacher left behind) to Medicare part D for GWB (Obama has Obama care, both have no way to pay for them) I mean you want me to go on?

Is not more of the same?
from deficit spending (billions vs trillions) to Gitmo to patriot act to drone attacks to no child left behind (Obama has no teacher left behind) to Medicare part D for GWB (Obama has Obama care, both have no way to pay for them) I mean you want me to go on?

Go right ahead...go on. I think everyone realizes that it is your mantra, but saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

Is not more of the same?

Go right ahead...go on. I think everyone realizes that it is your mantra, but saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

what do you mean?
the proof is in the policies
from not closing Gitmo to the patriot act to deficit spending (billion vs trillion & tax payer vs union)
whats changed?

your article is over a YEAR OLD....are you certain there was not bitching and moaning by Dems A YEAR AGO when the article says the no bid contract was given to them?

KBR to Get No-Bid Army Work as U.S. Alleges Kickbacks

May 06, 2010, 11:27 AM EDT

Well, that makes all the difference. As long as Obama isn't personally profiting, no outrage is required.

This is exactly why I consider the Dems to be no better than the GOP. The left bitch when the right do this, the right bitch when the left do it. Why the fuck do you all not hold your politicians to a higher standard? If you - ordinary Dem supporters and ordinary Repub supporters - would stop electing fucking corrupt bastards into office, we independents would be more inclined to support your fucking politicians.

Is not more of the same?

what do you mean?
the proof is in the policies
from not closing Gitmo to the patriot act to deficit spending (billion vs trillion & tax payer vs union)
whats changed?

Quite a bit actually, but it won't ever matter to you. You have ODS and that means you can't see anything beyond hatred of this President. It's a common malady and there is no cure.

we would save money as a country if there were no ''no bid contracts''.....we have put ourselves in a hole we can't get out of....by funding the supposed ONLY contractor that can do the requirements of the bid over and over, removes the possibility of another company having the funds to even compete....imo....

we would save money as a country if there were no ''no bid contracts''.....we have put ourselves in a hole we can't get out of....by funding the supposed ONLY contractor that can do the requirements of the bid over and over, removes the possibility of another company having the funds to even compete....imo....

I haven't put anyone in a hole. I don't vote for corrupt politicians.... no matter what their party. It's people who vote party that put us here.

Or....we could stop many of these contracts altogether. Remember when the military had cooks?

Or....we could stop many of these contracts altogether. Remember when the military had cooks?

I agree
Thats a good point
It was amazing that some of the media and the left made such a thing to this be the very reason we went to war
Now it does not matter, and that is after BHO made a big point as to open these activities up to a bidding process when he knew that could not be done

I wonder, how much did it cost to have 5 cooks to feed 900 troops vs the 10 to 15 civilians that do the same work today? Of course the cooks back then were supplemented with soldiers pulling KP.

I wonder, how much did it cost to have 5 cooks to feed 900 troops vs the 10 to 15 civilians that do the same work today? Of course the cooks back then were supplemented with soldiers pulling KP.

In the old days who constructed the facilities the troops lived in?
Those companies have served a purpose, would it have saved us money if we did it the old fashion way?
of course
I never even thought of that to be honest
any way, we move on

Then your vote is to maintain the status quo. Congratulations, the country we live in is EXACTLY the one you wanted, and got.

Do you want to know the one major thing that Obama has done that is exactly the same as past presidents? Nothing. He's done nothing about illegal immigration, nothing about the value of the dollar, nothing about wall street running rampant, nothing about Medicare and Social Security going broke, nothing about our dependency on foreign oil, NOTHING.

Then your vote is to maintain the status quo. Congratulations, the country we live in is EXACTLY the one you wanted, and got.

Do you want to know the one major thing that Obama has done that is exactly the same as past presidents? Nothing. He's done nothing about illegal immigration, nothing about the value of the dollar, nothing about wall street running rampant, nothing about Medicare and Social Security going broke, nothing about our dependency on foreign oil, NOTHING.

Patently untrue.

Illegal Immigration: Illegal Immigrant Deportations Up Under Obama

Mexico border is more fortified now than it was even five years ago

Wall Street Reform: Wall Street Reform: A Summary of What's In the Bill

Medicare: How does healthcare overhaul affect Medicare?

Reduction in Foreign Oil: Energy & Environment

Obama opens spigot on plug-in electric-car grants

us-oil-production-2000s.jpg

Patently untrue.

Illegal Immigration: Illegal Immigrant Deportations Up Under Obama

Mexico border is more fortified now than it was even five years ago

Wall Street Reform: Wall Street Reform: A Summary of What's In the Bill

Medicare: How does healthcare overhaul affect Medicare?

Reduction in Foreign Oil: Energy & Environment

Obama opens spigot on plug-in electric-car grants

us-oil-production-2000s.jpg

Medicare?
Repeal Obamacare - Speak out against Healthcare Reform bill | Save Our Health Care - Health Care Reform

(CNSNews.com) - Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted at a House hearing last week that $500 billion in Medicare cuts contained in the Democrats’ health care law is being counted in two ways: both to shore up Medicare and to fund health-
Republican Lawmaker Accuses HHS Secretary of Budget Shenanigans:

Sec. Sebelius: The health care description doesn’t include $500 billion in Medicare cuts.
Rep. Shimkus: Madam, my concern is the budget hearing. There is an issue here on the budget, because your own actuary has said, you can’t double count. You can’t count $500--they’re attacking Medicare on the CR when their bill, your law, cuts $500 billion from Medicare. Then your same $500 billion for what? To say you’re funding health care. Your own actuary says you can’t do both. So, my simple question -- I have 27 seconds left -- What’s the $500 billion in cuts for? Preserving Medicare or funding the health care law? Which is it?
Sec. Sebelius: Sir, the Affordable Care Act adds 12 years to the Medicare trust fund according to every actuary and the $500 Billion represents a slow down in the growth rate of Medicare over 10 years from what was projected at 8 percent.
Rep. Shimkus: So is it Medicare? Are you using it to save Medicare or are you using it to fund health care reform? Which one?
Sec. Sebelius: Both.
Rep. Shimkus: So you’re double counting! I yield back my time.

Oil production?
its about the jobs dummies
oil shale
shallow water drilling
land base drilling
land base refineries that support the shale extraction and shallow water drilling off of the gulf coast and east coast

You can deport as many as you want, but with more than that coming across the border, it's an exercise in futility.

If it's so much more secure, why are millions upon millions still skating across.

Even liberal news sites called that reform toothless and not even worth the time it took to write it.

Medicare is now expected to collapse 5 years sooner than expected, now in 2024.

Two of those sources are the Whitehouse (they would never spin a story, would they:rolleyes:} and treehugger.com, those two are ignored.

Electric cars will be great if they can reduce the cost by about half.

Forum List

Back