Halliburton Cleared of Iraq Wrongdoing

Originally posted by acludem
The fact that Halliburton, a company once-run by the Vice President of the United States is getting all of these contracts without even having to bid is questionable at best. The Pentagon is run by the Executive Branch of the federal government. Dick Cheney is the Vice President of the United States and a large stockholder of Halliburton stock. There will be no real investigation under this administration. This Congress will do nothing about it either.

acludem

No wrongdoing. Deal with it.

:boohoo: before G.W who did you guys belittle ? or did yahoo get wise and turn you all away? If it isnt one thing its another, shoulda done this, shoulda done that... do you guys even vote? oh ...I see....your the fellas that write-in names... mickey mouse ....his pointy hat looks alot like yours you guys are way too much

I guess we will have to wait and see how this turns out.

Auditors seek Halliburton fuel deal probe
Decision suggests agency suspects laws were broken
©2004 San Francisco Chronicle

Washington -- Pentagon auditors have asked the Defense Department inspector general to investigate a deal between a Halliburton Co. subsidiary and a Kuwaiti company to import fuel into Iraq after finding "evidence of potential unlawful activity," a Defense Department official said Thursday.

The Defense Contract Audit Agency had been reviewing how much the subsidiary, KBR, charged for the fuel under a contract with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A draft audit report by the agency last month concluded that KBR might have overcharged $61 million by importing more costly fuel from Kuwait instead of from Turkey.

But at the time details of the draft audit were made public, Pentagon Comptroller Dov Zakheim said KBR had done nothing improper and blamed the potential overcharge on an antiquated accounting system the company used.

The referral Monday to the inspector general, which the Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site, signals that the auditors now believe they have evidence of wrongdoing by either KBR or the Corps of Engineers, which directed KBR to buy the fuel from Kuwait.

LINK

Maybe this can get stretched out like the 9/11 investigation.

-Bam

Originally posted by jimnyc

Report: Halliburton Workers Took Kickbacks

Friday, January 23, 2004

NEW YORK — Two Halliburton (search) Co. officials accepted up to $6 million in kickbacks from a Kuwaiti company that was awarded contracts to supply U.S. troops in Iraq, according to a newspaper report.

Halliburton disclosed the alleged impropriety to the Pentagon (search) inspector general's office this week, The Wall Street Journal (search) reported on its Web site Friday.

The two employees, who have been fired, worked for Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg Brown & Root (search) in Kuwait, the same division of the company involved in a highly scrutinized gasoline contract, the Journal said.

LINK

-Bam

"The company has fired the two unnamed employees, who were based in Kuwait, according to the paper."

Looks like a couple of bad eggs have been caught. They have since been fired. Looks to me like Halliburton took quick and decisive action.

And this had to do with the overcharging. You still have nothing and you can still deal with that!

Let me add this:

"The key issue here is self-disclosure and self-reporting," said Halliburton spokeswoman Wendy Hall. "We found it quickly, and we immediately reported it to the inspector general. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior by anyone at any level in any Halliburton company."

Sounds like they should be applauded for the action they have taken. Sure, the employees who committed the acts are criminals, but Halliburton did exactly what they were supposed to do in this case.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/23/news/companies/halliburton/index.htm?cnn=yes

jimnyc,

It's over. Get over it. These weren't just "joe employees". Only high ranking company officials can even shelter $6 million kickbacks. Halliburton "discovering" this internally was a direct result of the pressure that was put on them by Democrats and would have been exposed by this audit. You guys all started with the "tin foil hat" conspiracy blather and you were WRONG. There WAS corruption and wrongdoing by Halliburton/KBR on their no-bid contract and it WAS costing the taxpayers money.

It's all quite obvious and I know you know it is. So, why not cut the BS and accept defeat on this one. You are making yourself look foolish.

-Bam

a company does the right thing and we are supposed to "get over it"... get over what??? 2 people broke the law, got caught, were fired and will face the law... how did the democrats force this???

Originally posted by bamthin
jimnyc,

It's over. Get over it.

I think it's you that needs to get over it! :laugh:

Your constant pathetic attempts at trying to discredit Halliburton are laughable. They took appropriate action.

The didn't overcharge. There won't be any charges leveled against them. They have billions in contracts and probably more on the way.

You're right, it is over. It appears all that is left is some whining bitches.

With all the media attention on Halliburton, not to mention millions of self-appointed Leftie watchdog wanna-bes, don't you think that Halliburton would do everythin it could to purge every bit of wrongdoing from its operations?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
With all the media attention on Halliburton, not to mention millions of self-appointed Leftie watchdog wanna-bes, don't you think that Halliburton would do everythin it could to purge every bit of wrongdoing from its operations?

Not sure who this is directed at but I'll respond!

All I see here was an internal investigation by Halliburton that revealed wrongdoing, and they took appropriate action from within. Making anything else out of it is pure speculation at this point. They are under a lot of scrutiny, but that's to be expected with the Cheney link. For a company that has come under so much fire, I haven't seen any proof of any wrongdoing on their part yet.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Not sure who this is directed at but I'll respond!

All I see here was an internal investigation by Halliburton that revealed wrongdoing, and they took appropriate action from within. Making anything else out of it is pure speculation at this point. They are under a lot of scrutiny, but that's to be expected with the Cheney link. For a company that has come under so much fire, I haven't seen any proof of any wrongdoing on their part yet.

Two company officials took kickbacks of $6 million!! Truck drivers or other low level 'employees" don't get into a position to take that level of bribery. This was money taken by employees trusted with high level positions within KBR. Do you think KBR would have "discovered" this and reported it absent the audit and investigation? You are deluded if you do.

This is just getting started.

-Bam

Originally posted by bamthin
Two company officials took kickbacks of $6 million!! Truck drivers or other low level 'employees" don't get into a position to take that level of bribery. This was money taken by employees trusted with high level positions within KBR. Do you think KBR would have "discovered" this and reported it absent the audit and investigation? You are deluded if you do.

Whatever you say.

They found the wrongdoing. The personnel were shitcanned. End of story. No charges against Halliburton. Contracts continue, which you help pay for. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back