Halladay dies near Holiday

Investigators: Halladay flew mere feet from water’s surface

Roy Halladay’s plane flew within feet of the Gulf of Mexico’s surface and buzzed waterside homes before it crashed, federal investigators said Monday in an initial report of the crash.

The NTSB confirmed through speaking with witnesses and analyzing information from the plane’s data recorder that Halladay dipped as close as 11 feet above the water and came within 75 feet of homes along the water’s edge.

The plane climbed to an altitude of 300 to 500 feet and plunged into a 45-degree dive before crashing, witnesses told the NTSB.

boston sports talk radio host is in hot water for saying halladay got what he deserved and that he has no sympathy for the guy who selfishly risked his life in that manner, leaving behind a wife and children...

Boston sports host on Roy Halladay's death: 'He got what he deserved'

"It just sorta angers me," Felger said. "You care that little about your life? Or the life of your family? Your little joyride is that important to you?"

Felger continued on his rant, using a mocking voice as he said, "'Weeeee! Weeeee! Yeah man look at the G-force on this! I’m Maverick. Yeah man, look at this it’s so cool!' And you die. Splat. And it’s over. So you’re that guy? You have to do that?"

Very crude

But he is right. 40 years old with a family and you should be acting like an adult
He drew the attention of boaters saying....WTF does that asshole think he is doing?

How much bubble wrap do you use every day to cover yourself?

Doesn't take bubble wrap but a man with a family to support should not be taking unnecessary risks
No problem with an adult owning an airplane. I do have a problem with showboating and taking chances

Minute distinction maybe but from watching Halladay work he's never ever been a "showboater" in anything. I suspect he was thrill-seeking, just for the immediate self-sensory feedback, but not for other people's, and misjudged the capabilities of the plane.

Doesn't make it any less irresponsible but just a comment on his personality -- lest a myth get legs undeservedly on a guy who can't speak for himself.

boston sports talk radio host is in hot water for saying halladay got what he deserved and that he has no sympathy for the guy who selfishly risked his life in that manner, leaving behind a wife and children...

"It just sorta angers me," Felger said. "You care that little about your life? Or the life of your family? Your little joyride is that important to you?"

Felger continued on his rant, using a mocking voice as he said, "'Weeeee! Weeeee! Yeah man look at the G-force on this! I’m Maverick. Yeah man, look at this it’s so cool!' And you die. Splat. And it’s over. So you’re that guy? You have to do that?"

Very crude

But he is right. 40 years old with a family and you should be acting like an adult
He drew the attention of boaters saying....WTF does that asshole think he is doing?

Doesn't take bubble wrap but a man with a family to support should not be taking unnecessary risks
No problem with an adult owning an airplane. I do have a problem with showboating and taking chances
He has made enough money that his family will be supported easily.

Very crude

He has made enough money that his family will be supported easily.

You have no idea what a father does do you?

You're stupid. Again: how much bubble wrap should he have wrapped himself in?

And note, Halladay may have had something on the plane break: he made three Mayday calls before the crash.

You're stupid. Again: how much bubble wrap should he have wrapped himself in?

And note, Halladay may have had something on the plane break: he made three Mayday calls before the crash.

Do you have a link to those Mayday calls?

His plane had a parachute that would lower the whole plane if there was a failure

icon-a5-plane-crash-2018-08-11-02.jpg

Several articles I saw mentioned them, usually citing an FAA spokesman.

The articles I read had witnesses claiming he was swooping up and down at unsafe speeds and distances
Hardly someone in distress

Forum List

Back