Half of U.S. households pay no income tax...So the obvious question is what happens

Robert

Really nice Guy
Mar 21, 2011
When we have more Takers then Givers who support our Society.

In case the left missed it we are rapidly reaching that threshold. I asked a question not long ago "When will the Poor become the new Rich" what do you suppose our Nations future look's like given where we are today.

Giver and Takers

In case the left missed it we are rapidly reaching that threshold. I asked a question not long ago "When will the Poor become the new Rich" what do you suppose our Nations future look's like given where we are today.

Giver and Takers
The poor and middle class pay on every dollar of their paychecks in the form of withholding taxes, not to mention sales tax etc.
Many of the wealthy pay a rate of 15% capital gains...less percentage than those above.

Giver and Takers
The poor and middle class pay on every dollar of their paychecks in the form of withholding taxes, not to mention sales tax etc.
Many of the wealthy pay a rate of 15% capital gains...less percentage than those above.

Local city and State tax's are not federal tax's. You make the argument that the rich pay 15% on Capital Gains but then those same rich are the one that take the risk in creating more wealth.

How many poor or middle class do you see risking million's of capital on a venture? or spending millions on homes and toy's which btw is taxed and employs people. If we remove any incentive to invest that capital not much is going to get done and the number POOR will grow.

Also are you arguing that the "withholding tax's" which include ss and the like shouldn't be paid?

Last edited:

Giver and Takers

Republican policy created that condition.

Giver and Takers

Republican policy created that condition.

No actually it was the democrat controlled congress and senate that attempted to make the former administration look bad and amazingly the only thing they did was to cripple this administration right out of the gate as well as losing the Congress and more then likely the senate on the next go around. But do drop by again

I asked a question not long ago "When will the Poor become the new Rich" what do you suppose our Nations future look's like given where we are today.

The poor will never become the new rich, but Ayn Rand fantasy loving Republicans love to dream up this dream world while getting on their knees for their corporate masters.

Ummm ok?

Join us in the real world when you have time

Let's look at causes and effects, shall we?

What CAUSED half of American households to operate in the red?

I asked a question not long ago "When will the Poor become the new Rich" what do you suppose our Nations future look's like given where we are today.

The poor will never become the new rich, but Ayn Rand fantasy loving Republicans love to dream up this dream world while getting on their knees for their corporate masters.

Speaking of Ayn Rand, Hank Reardon stated that part of his success was that he paid his help well.

I think Henry Ford mentioned something similar.

Funny nobody mentions that.

Ummm ok?

I do live in the real world where income and wealth disparities are increasing while at the same time labor productivity has been increasing, yet the uber rich have been capturing our labor productivity.

This is what Bastiat calls legalized plunder, yet some rw kooks think that the poor are becoming the new rich.

The world I live in is truly mad.

Ummm ok?

I do live in the real world where income and wealth disparities are increasing while at the same time labor productivity has been increasing, yet the uber rich have been capturing our labor productivity.

This is what Bastiat calls legalized plunder, yet some rw kooks think that the poor are becoming the new rich.

Of course the point being that instead of tearing down those who have more why not invest all this hate into bring bring those who have less up?

There isn't a society in history that's survived having a few support the many as the left is advocating for.

Ummm ok?

Of course the point being that instead of tearing down those who have more why not invest all this hate into bring bring those who have less up?

There isn't a society in history that's survived having a few support the many as the left is advocating for.

Why does "conservatism" rely on the theories of Russians and Frenchmen? What's wrong with our own founding fathers? o_0

I am not tearing them down. I am tearing your fantasy world down which you believe that the poor are becoming the new rich.

I am sorry to break this to you, but wealth has become more concentrated, but you live in this fantasy world where the uber rich are the most victimized segment of society. They are not.

In fact, their effective tax is around 10% and they have done nothing, except capture our politicians and regulators for their own personal gains.

This exemplifies the fantasy world that you live in. First off, I don't subscribe to this view. Second off, this is blatantly false (re: Eisenhower years).

I am not tearing them down. I am tearing your fantasy world down which you believe that the poor are becoming the new rich.

I am sorry to break this to you, but wealth has become more concentrated, but you live in this fantasy world where the uber rich are the most victimized segment of society. They are not.

In fact, their effective tax is around 10% and they have done nothing, except capture our politicians and regulators for their own personal gains.

This exemplifies the fantasy world that you live in. First off, I don't subscribe to this view. Second off, this is blatantly false (re: Eisenhower years).

LOL I take it you have utterly no idea what a Rhetorical question is......

Might I point out for you to "tear up" anything you would have to first understand the point that was being made...clearly you have no idea.

I think you miss the point Tonto. Value for Value, Live within your means, Celebrate the Individual over the Collective. I don't see Rand telling Anyone to bow down to anyone else, in fact, just the opposite. You need to separate the hype from fact. If anything she was Anti propaganda. Maybe growing up in Post Revolutionary Russia, left it's mark on her. Context Antiderivitive. Check your premise.

LOL I take it you have utterly no idea what a Rhetorical question is......

Might I point out for you to "tear up" anything you would have to first understand the point that was being made...clearly you have no idea.

I got your point though.

Too often the more brainwashed left really do believe that the best way to help the poor is to make the rich less rich.

While the free market, capitalist, but humanitarian rightwinger knows all too well that the only way to significantly help the poor is to help the poor EARN enough to become unpoor.

There is a huge difference between GIVING and EARNING in this comparison.

Forum List

Back