Half of Obama's tax cuts

Given that you're the beneficiary of those policies, since you don't earn over $250,000 a year, why does it trouble you? I ask that not to insult you, but because I truly don't understand that level of voting against one's own self-interest.

We may not make $250,000 a year, but the people who give us jobs do. When their taxes go up, our salaries go down. We may not make $250,000 a year, but the people we buy our goods and services from do. When their taxes go up, so do the costs of the things we buy.

We may not make $250,000 a year, but the people who give us jobs do. When their taxes go up, our salaries go down. We may not make $250,000 a year, but the people we buy our goods and services from do. When their taxes go up, so do the costs of the things we buy.

So what do we do, make them pay less? Do you think prices will go down and salaries will go up? No. They will pocket that extra money and expect that every year. If we keep lowering the corperate tax and the income taxes on the rich, we are digging ourselves into deeper holes. Trickle down does not work, I though everyone would have realized it after seeing what it led to yesterday.

So what do we do, make them pay less? Do you think prices will go down and salaries will go up? No. They will pocket that extra money and expect that every year. If we keep lowering the corperate tax and the income taxes on the rich, we are digging ourselves into deeper holes. Trickle down does not work, I though everyone would have realized it after seeing what it led to yesterday.

The top 50% wage earners in this country already pay 97% of all federal income taxes. Half of Obama's tax plan is a give out to people who don't pay taxes.

Last edited:

The question is, do you think people who actually pay taxes should get a tax break? Or the people who pay no taxes, should be able to make a tax refund withdrawl from our federal budget?

The top 50% wage earners in this country already pay 97% of all federal income taxes. Half of Obama's tax plan is a give out to people who don't pay taxes.

Poor babies. I mean why aren't people who make 15,000 a year paying more income tax? Just because they can barely support themselves doesn't mean they shouldn't be supporting other people too!

Poor babies. I mean why aren't people who make 15,000 a year paying more income tax? Just because they can barely support themselves doesn't mean they shouldn't be supporting other people too!

People who make $15,000 don't pay any taxes, a huge percentage receive tax refunds.....

Now again do you think we should be giving tax breaks to;

A)People who pay taxes

B)People who pay no taxes, and take tax refunds every year

People who make $15,000 don't pay any taxes, a huge percentage receive tax refunds.....

I know, and we need to tax them more, right? Because they just have tons of money to burn.

Now again do you think we should be giving tax breaks to;

A)People who pay taxes

B)People who pay no taxes, and take tax refunds every year

How about the middle class. People who DO pay taxes, but don't make a bajillion dollars a year.

I know, and we need to tax them more, right? Because they just have tons of money to burn.

How about the middle class. People who DO pay taxes, but don't make a bajillion dollars a year.

In order to tax somebody more there has to be something to begin with. I don't have a problem with not taxing them, what I have a problem with is giving them tax money.

I don't have a problem with giving the middle class a tax break, as long as they are paying federal income taxes. I suggest giving everyone who pays federal income taxes a tax break. I don't believe in handing out tax money as Obama's plan does.

People who make $15,000 a year and complain about not having money need to get a second job.

It's in black and white, right off the Tax Foundation's website using IRS figures. Obama has stated that he will provide tax cuts for 95% of American workers, that's a lie his proposal was checked out, 81% would receive tax cuts. Now don't tell me you think the 19% of the population not receiving a tax cut (a tax increase) are low income workers....:cuckoo: Now if you want to use something other than your own opinion to disprove me, then have at it.

Its right here. See your spinning what he originally said which is fine because he should have been clearer although anyone with common sense should have understood what he meant. Here is a fact check from Polifact that he will cut taxes for 95% of "working americans". Isnt that what really matters. Why would we need tax cuts for non working americans. Read the fact check yourself. You have been obsessed with this so maybe this can shut you up.

PolitiFact | A credit for workers cuts taxes for middle class

he never said they should be taxed more, what he said was they shouldnt be getting money that isnt theirs
and he is right
i fully support letting people who are paying taxes get their money back based on how much they actually paid in, those that didnt pay in, shouldnt be getting someone elses money

Its right here. See your spinning what he originally said which is fine because he should have been clearer although anyone with common sense should have understood what he meant. Here is a fact check from Polifact that he will cut taxes for 95% of "working americans". Isnt that what really matters. Why would we need tax cuts for non working americans. Read the fact check yourself. You have been obsessed with this so maybe this can shut you up.

PolitiFact | A credit for workers cuts taxes for middle class

81%...

FactCheck.org: FactChecking Obama

He said McCain would fail to lower taxes for 100 million Americans while his own plan would cut taxes for 95 percent of “working” families. But an independent analysis puts the number who would see no benefit from McCain’s plan at 66 million and finds that Obama’s plan would benefit 81 percent of all households when retirees and those without children are figured in.

Color all of Obama's promises & give-aways' GONE-GONE-GONE!

Anyone who still thinks they're going to get free medical care via the taxpayers of this country or we're going to get tax cuts--after a 700 Billion dollar bailout--does not have the IQ of a peanut.

Anyone who still thinks they're going to get free medical care via the taxpayers of this country or we're going to get tax cuts--after a 700 Billion dollar bailout--does not have the IQ of a peanut.

I wouldn't blame the IQ. It's more wishful thinking or denial.

I think if Obama could take from taxpayers and give to working non-taxpayers he would. But I agree, it's going to be more difficult for him to redistribute as much income now.

Forum List

Back