Half of Obama's tax cuts

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Half of Obama's tax cuts will go to people who have a net income tax of 0$. Since this is true how can you claim you are cutting taxes for 95% of America workers?

In addition to these non-payers, roughly 15 million individuals and families earned some income last year but not enough to be required to file a tax return. When these non-filers are added to the non-payers, they add up to 57.5 million income-earning people who will be paying no income taxes.

Even 57.5 million is not the actual number of people because one tax return often represents several people. When all of the dependents of these income-producing people are counted, roughly 120 million Americans – 40 percent of the U.S. population – are outside of the federal income tax system.
The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow

So while the population continues to grow[/B]....Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
U.S. population growth is among the highest in the developed countries, although its annual rate of 0.88% is below the world average annual rate of 1.16%.

and grows older....
U.S. to Grow Grayer, More Diverse - washingtonpost.com
Similarly, the 85-and-older population is expected to more than triple, accounting for about 4 percent of U.S. residents in 2050, compared with fewer than 2 percent today.

The percentage of the population that is of working age will drop from 63 to 57 percent. As is the case with children, the working-age population is projected to become majority-minority before 2050. By mid-century, it is expected to be 30 percent Hispanic, 15 percent black and nearly 10 percent Asian.

Btw Obama's tax proposal would only reduce or provide tax refunds for 81% of American workers.
Obama wants to further cut the amount of taxpayers and force the 60% of us who do pay taxes to shoulder even more of the weight....:cuckoo:

Last edited:
thats as far as i got
how can you "cut taxes" for someone that is already not paying any?
:disbelief:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

That's only part of the problem, how can you take from taxpayers and give their money to non-taxpayers?

thats as far as i got
how can you "cut taxes" for someone that is already not paying any?
:disbelief:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It's a pretty straightforward redistribution of wealth, and it turns the tax code into yet another welfare program.

Does anyone actually believe Obama when he says this? If he were going to raise taxes on everyone, he wouldn't be stupid enough to tell us.

Does anyone actually believe Obama when he says this? If he were going to raise taxes on everyone, he wouldn't be stupid enough to tell us.

Obama won't raise taxes on everyone, he would only raise taxes on the people paying the majority of all federal income taxes.

Obama won't raise taxes on everyone, he would only raise taxes on the people paying the majority of all federal income taxes.

What are people making $250000 a year going to be paying, according to what he says right now?

How much will your income tax go up?

That's irrelevant....I was pointing out the facts under the Obama plan using IRS figures. What does your strawman....my income, have to do with that?

That's irrelevant....I was pointing out the facts under the Obama plan using IRS figures. What does your strawman....my income, have to do with that?

As matter of fact, since 40% of the workers Obama has targeted don't pay taxes, couldn't we say half of his "tax cuts" is actually just new governmental spending?

It's a pretty straightforward redistribution of wealth, and it turns the tax code into yet another welfare program.

Not welfare... that's absurd. But it does do what govenrment policy is SUPPOSED to do... bolsters the MIDDLE class. And a healthy middle class only exists based on government policies.

Given that you're the beneficiary of those policies, since you don't earn over $250,000 a year, why does it trouble you? I ask that not to insult you, but because I truly don't understand that level of voting against one's own self-interest.

It's :cuckoo: to believe that's the case. Although, by the same token, it's :cuckoo: that the current borrow and spend repub policies have left all newborns with about $30,000 in debt.
just because you and the rest of the obamabots are totally clueless, it doesnt mean the rest of us are

It's :cuckoo: to believe that's the case. Although, by the same token, it's :cuckoo: that the current borrow and spend repub policies have left all newborns with about $30,000 in debt.

It's in black and white, right off the Tax Foundation's website using IRS figures. Obama has stated that he will provide tax cuts for 95% of American workers, that's a lie his proposal was checked out, 81% would receive tax cuts. Now don't tell me you think the 19% of the population not receiving a tax cut (a tax increase) are low income workers....:cuckoo: Now if you want to use something other than your own opinion to disprove me, then have at it.

It's in black and white, right off the Tax Foundation's website using IRS figures. Obama has stated that he will provide tax cuts for 95% of American workers, that's a lie his proposal was checked out, 81% would receive tax cuts. Now don't tell me you think the 19% of the population not receiving a tax cut (a tax increase) are low income workers....:cuckoo: Now if you want to use something other than your own opinion to disprove me, then have at it.

Its actually 81 percent of HOUSEHOLDS not American workers, check your facts before you post.

Forum List

Back