Half of new graduates are jobless or underemployed

Um...then did the GOP hate the 80's?

Idiot.

Great- quadrupled the debt and an S+L boom and bust. At least this recovery isn't based on Pub corruption and inevitable bust...

:clap2:

:dig:

What "recovery?"

Hey, thanks for playing.

Just cause you don't know about it doesn't make it not real.

700K jobs a month leaving the country every month and Romney/McCain/You said things were fine back in 2008. Today we are adding 300K jobs a month and you say what? Who cares what you say liar.

And the number would be 600K jobs added every month if it weren't for Boeher/McConnell and Paul Ryan. Didn't you know?

Hey lowering our standards is the ONLY way we can compete in a global economy.
This is simple capitalist economice and global competition.

The adults are in charge now, idiot. The myopic greedy idiots ran 2001-29 and ruined the world, fool. And now they stall the recovery and call O a failure. Aholes and liars. Change the channel from the braindead propaganda.

:clap2:

:dig:

What "recovery?"

Hey, thanks for playing.

Just cause you don't know about it doesn't make it not real.

You mean your "recovery" is like Sata Clause, or the Easter Bunny?

:lol:

Again, thanks for playing.

'People in politics talk about the right track/wrong track numbers as an indicator of public mood. This week Gallup had a poll showing only 24% of Americans feel we're on the right track as a nation. That's a historic low. Political professionals tend, understandably, to think it's all about the economy—unemployment, foreclosures, we're going in the wrong direction. I've long thought that public dissatisfaction is about more than the economy, that it's also about our culture, or rather the flat, brute, highly sexualized thing we call our culture.

Now I'd go a step beyond that. I think more and more people are worried about the American character—who we are and what kind of adults we are raising.

Every story that has broken through the past few weeks has been about who we are as a people. And they are all disturbing.'

Who is the HMFIC of this trainwreck?

Good gawd.

http://online.wsj.com/article/declarations.html

How can college grads in the USA compete with college grads in India or China making 10K per year?

To quote the Left ' No, We Can't.'

To the back seat you go.

to the back seat we all go except those profiting from a global economy and they are in the extreme minority.

but I guess you could say that those making $8/hr woring at retailers selling chinese stuff are profiting?

to the back seat we all go except those profiting from a global economy and they are in the extreme minority.

You say many stupid things.

That one is right up there near the top.

Then again, I enjoy bananas, french wine, and the countless other wonderful advantages of a global economy.

Then again, I enjoy bananas, french wine, and the countless other wonderful advantages of a global economy.

I ma say stupid things from time to, I do not like you live stupid though.
I try and see the truth behind the projections.

the truth is the only way the USA can compete in the global market is to produce things much cheaper. Which among other things means lower wages and benefits.

I ma say stupid things from time to, I do not like you live stupid though.
I try and see the truth behind the projections.

the truth is the only way the USA can compete in the global market is to produce things much cheaper. Which among other things means lower wages and benefits.

You are an idiot.

America is still the leading manufacturer in the world. Our workers lead the world in PRODUCTIVITY. Like Germany, we compete in the global economy via HIGH VALUE MANUFACTURING.

Expanding trade ALWAYS 'profits' the population.

Global trade enriches us and enables our poor to live like the upper middle class in most nations.

How's that hopey changy thing workin out for ya, kiddies?

WASHINGTON (AP) – The U.S. college class of 2012 is in for a rude welcome to the world of work.

A weak labor market already has left half of young college graduates either jobless or underemployed in positions that don't fully use their skills and knowledge.
Young adults with bachelor's degrees are increasingly scraping by in lower-wage jobs — waiter or waitress, bartender, retail clerk or receptionist, for example — and that's confounding their hopes a degree would pay off despite higher tuition and mounting student loans.'

The only good news here is the Leftists are creating the next generation of conservatives.

Was going to post something similar. Half of New College Graduates Lack Full-Time Jobs

You beat me to it.

But I can attest to that. My daughter and her beau want to get married someday. Both are college grads.

But she works at a movie theater for little over minimum wage and he works at a dry cleaner.

They look for more higher paying jobs, but this is all they have found so far, despite looking for months.

It's the same all over. Lack of jobs. I'm in the same boat. I'm 50 and no one wants to hire someone 50 and over when there are lots of younger people clammoring for the same jobs.

People are looking, but there are no jobs.

How's that hopey changy thing workin out for ya, kiddies?

WASHINGTON (AP) – The U.S. college class of 2012 is in for a rude welcome to the world of work.

A weak labor market already has left half of young college graduates either jobless or underemployed in positions that don't fully use their skills and knowledge.
Young adults with bachelor's degrees are increasingly scraping by in lower-wage jobs — waiter or waitress, bartender, retail clerk or receptionist, for example — and that's confounding their hopes a degree would pay off despite higher tuition and mounting student loans.'

The only good news here is the Leftists are creating the next generation of conservatives.

Was going to post something similar. Half of New College Graduates Lack Full-Time Jobs

You beat me to it.

But I can attest to that. My daughter and her beau want to get married someday. Both are college grads.

But she works at a movie theater for little over minimum wage and he works at a dry cleaner.

They look for more higher paying jobs, but this is all they have found so far, despite looking for months.

It's the same all over. Lack of jobs. I'm in the same boat. I'm 50 and no one wants to hire someone 50 and over when there are lots of younger people clammoring for the same jobs.

People are looking, but there are no jobs.

What were their majors? What are their degrees in?

I know several recent college grads, in Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, and one in Nanotechnology. All were recruited in their senior year and left college with jobs in hand, including nice signing bonuses. And, most of them negotiated company financial support in getting their post graduate degrees too.

My husband's daughter graduated UC Santa Barbara with a degree in Comparative Religion and works in a book store.

Loads of college grads out there. Many of em looking for work.

Hell. I think I would go to a trade school. Plumber, mason, electrician. Always in demand.

Forum List

Back