Haley Barbour Praises Racist Organization

I think people just look for ways to beat up on someone.At some point when looking at a candidate some organization will go back to when someone was in the third grade and dig up some kind of dirt on that person.Where do we draw the line on things.

I think I have this story correct when I say that Haley was asked a question about the KKK and he responded how things were in his home town.The question was asked and he answered it honestly.It doesn't make what happened 25 or 30 years ago right, He could not go back and change history.He wasn't saying it was a good thing.It was what it was.You and I can not change the past.

This guy's deperate rationalization is still another example of that Southern Heritage that some of our fellow Americans are so proud of, I suppose.
You think these are the folks that PROUDLY brandish their Confederate flags while stating that it has nothing to do with racism, but their "regional pride?"

As long as the race card gets thrown out every hour, we'll continue to see wild, false allegations such as these. It's actually quite funny anymore.
What "wild, false allegations" and what's the true story?

Racist? HA!

Means nothing anymore... has no fangs. Been used to deride anyone with which anyone holds a differing opinion.

Thanks for that!
So Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson aren't really racist...right?

You know, one day I hope we will all realize there are greater sins than racism.
Like what bigot?

Because there wasn't any.
His comments had to do with a specific place, Yazoo City, and the council there telling the Klan to beat it. That other orgs with the same name in different places were actually racist is not germane here.

Well, according to Barbour's backtracking, it looks like he disagrees with you AND himself:

"My point was my town rejected the Ku Klux Klan, but nobody should construe that to mean I think the town leadership were saints, either. Their vehicle, called the 'Citizens Council,' is totally indefensible, as is segregation. It was a difficult and painful era for Mississippi, the rest of the country, and especially African Americans who were persecuted in that time,"

Barbour backtracks on race remark

Once again, to my delight, the wingnuts continue to defend someone for something the someone is no longer even defending himself. lol

I guess it wasn't politically expedient for him to stick by his guns this time.:lol:
Guess not....LOL!!!

49izadw.gif

You know, one day I hope we will all realize there are greater sins than racism.

Hey, good work.

I think you just singlehandedly composed the perfect campaign slogan for a Haley Barbour presidential run.

lol
EXACTLY...LOL!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good ole' Heyluh Bawbuh...racist POS!

Another Soros "media matters" source. What would the Beast do without Soros? Work for a living? Give it a rest lefties. Isn't it enough that Barbour condemns the Klan? Now the Soros bunch has to nit-pick Barbour's comments to search for unintentional racism? Is that the way it's going to be until the next presidential election? A constant search for unintentional alleged apparent construed racist comments while the president is running the Country into the ground?

Forum List

Back