Haitian Refugees

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Towns throughout the state with large Haitian communities are preparing for new residents who may come to America to live with relatives after loosing everything in the devastating earthquake.

Asbury Park has many Haitian residents. Anthony Nuccio, Director of Social Services for the city, says they are already offering counseling for residents and preparing for an influx of people that might be coming to the city.

"It goes beyond the crisis there in Haiti but how its going to play out once it hits the Asbury Park community," says Nuccio.

Nuccio says the city is working with county and state officials so it is prepared to address the specific needs of the Haitian immigrants.

Asbury school officials say they are also making preparations although they have not gotten the word from the state as to whether or not they will be getting additional students.

A 7.0 magnitude earthquake on January 12 has left one million people homeless, killed an estimated 200,000 and injured an estimated 194,000.

New Jersey 101.5 FM - Homeless Haitians May Come to the Garden State

High unemployment and $16,000 per child to go to school there. My guess is that they will be immediately put on the welfare rolls. My questions are: How many refugees can one town support? And should they? And if so, for how long?

You can bet they will NEVER go back! Come to CA and see how many refugees it has reveived through the years and NONE of them have opted to return to their homeland. You can kiss your state good-bye - and then kiss the USA good-bye also.

You can bet they will NEVER go back! Come to CA and see how many refugees it has reveived through the years and NONE of them have opted to return to their homeland. You can kiss your state good-bye - and then kiss the USA good-bye also.

Ya, isn't that the truth. I don't want to come of as some evil White man, but we have enough people here in the U.S.! We don't need anymore immigrants. Ya, I know,,"this country was founded by immigrants"...yadayadayada....well, guess what, yes, that is true, but now we have enough people.
That is all there is too it. We don't need anymore people to fill our homeland up. America is not a buffet, for the whole world to just keep on helping themselves to. Enough is enough. Close our borders. Put a 50 ft. concrete wall along both borders, with guard towers every quarter mile, and that is that.
America: Closed!!!

Forum List

Back