Haitian Madness in Pictures: Murder, Riots, Looting, etc.

XXI Pium

21st Century Patriot
Jan 16, 2010
United States of America
Haiti is degenerating into chaos complete with murder, riots, looting, etc. Note the looters with the machetes. They have even been piling bodies to block relief trucks, and now many fear cannibalism. So far, it looks like Haiti is turning into another Somalia where throwing your money away to this dump won't solve anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...s-anarchy.html

capt.73ac20168d5f4b2bb7c97a7577380cf5.haiti_earthquake_htgh216.jpg

s044.jpg

r414124463.jpg

capt.photo_1263764359564-9-0.jpg

LootersG2701_468x366.jpg

capt.12e6eb73400d452f9708e0519c6e17d3.haiti_earthquake_htgh115.jpg

r2132052054.jpg

r3769377817.jpg

r1722212737.jpg

r1858930580.jpg

article-1199985-05B5E054000005DC-744_468x429.jpg

r1764744811.jpg

article-0-07E44278000005DC-943_634x422.jpg

article-1243910-07E47D6E000005DC-958_634x439.jpg

Warning: Do not click on this link if you don't want to see dead bodies http://i.imgur.com/C2IxW.jpg

Haiti has been a lawless hellhole for a long time. That does not mean we should not try and help those who are suffering.

I imagine that only a small portion of Haitians are committing these acts.

And some of these pictures look like they belong to the same incident...reminds me of how after Katrina a handful of pictures of people that appeared to be looting were used to make it seem as if New Orleans was full of criminals.

omg. Chilling,, especially the man with his feet chained being hacked and then drug.. for god's sake, why?

3 million people homeless.

No social services whatsoever.

No food in many places.

No clean water.

Plus it's hot as Hell.

Perfect recipe for people going crazy. What else do you expect? How can you tell people to not send their money because you have pictures of a few grown men acting crazy in the streets in a catastrophe that is beyond what any of us could survive through?

There are children dying down there, for God's sake.

And yet less than 4 miles away from most of these scenes the 82nd Airborne is passing out food, water, and medical supplies without even having weapons or even wearing helmets.

It's a strange strange world that we live in.

omg. Chilling,, especially the man with his feet chained being hacked and then drug.. for god's sake, why?

Port-Au-Prince has a history of gang activity that has existed for a long time. This was not comparable to Somalia in the 90s where warlords made up the existing government, but it was and is pretty bad. Alot of gangs in Port-Au-Prince have ties to gangs in the US... such as Gangster Disciples out of Chicago and the midwest and the eastcoast United Blood Nation.

Haitian gangs are pretty powerful in Port-Au-Prince, which is why the US's main concern should be to boost the current government of Rene Preval which currently exists personnel wise but can't operate on the ground. As for the guy being dragged by those men in the streets, that's a signature gang-related execution. Public humiliation and torture.

They're making an example of the guy. He may have been a rival gang member, a father simply trying to sneak some food for his family from the gang members who are executing him, or just a poor begger that owes somebody money.

Whatever the case... what's clear is those individuals, whoever they are, are now asserting their authority over that neighborhood... and letting the folks that live there... don't try anything or this will happen to you.

And yet less than 4 miles away from most of these scenes the 82nd Airborne is passing out food, water, and medical supplies without even having weapons or even wearing helmets.

It's a strange strange world that we live in.

I've been hearing about people leaving Port-Au-Prince and Delmas in droves. My father's cousin just got out of the city and is heading for Petionville to search for the rest of our family who are Haitian natives thank God, but what I've heard is that those who have families and are just trying to find aid are beginning to leave the city.

Those who wish just to take advantage of the situation... are staying in the city. What this could mean is that once the rescue and recovery effort is over and rebuilding begins we could be facing a situation where these gangs come in conflict with the government over neighborhoods that they consider "theirs".

I'm sorry XXI Pium but what point are you trying to make?

Is it that Haiti has just suffered a massive natural disaster and is now in chaos?

Is it that Haiti has just suffered a massive natural disaster and is now in chaos?

yes,, and everything was Shangri- la before the earthquake,, Right perfect person???

yes,, and everything was Shangri- la before the earthquake,, Right perfect person???

Willow, you are one fucked up asshole. Haiti has for long been one of the poorest and least educated nations on earth. You expect social cohesion in those circumstances? Hell, we have gangs in our streets killing people on a daily basis in every state in the union. Not only that, a pair of despicable people dragged another person in East Texas to death not that long ago, just because his hide was black.

You, and those like you, live in this glass house that is our nation. We have the highest murder rate of any of the industrial nations. We have one of the worst infant mortality rates. And our medical bankruptcy rate exceeds that of all the other industrial nations put together.

This is a catastrophe of biblical proportions. These people are in a horrible situation, dead all around them, little food or water. Such things bring out both the best and worst in people. I notice that you do not ever take note of the Haitians that have acted heroically. Only those that are responding to the most base responses of humans. I can only assume that this is from a racism that is well beyond bigotry.

How truly awful.

As for those who want the story behind the pictures, I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Forum List

Back