Haiti - Child Traffickers or Do-Gooders?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - Haitian police have arrested 10 U.S. citizens caught trying to take 33 children out of the earthquake-stricken country in a suspected illicit adoption scheme, authorities said on Saturday.

The five men and five women were in custody in the capital, Port-au-Prince after their arrests on Friday night. There are fears that traffickers could try to exploit the chaos and turmoil following Haiti's January 12 earthquake quake to engage in illegal adoptions.

One of the suspects, who says she is leader of an Idaho-based charity called New Life Children's Refuge, denied they had done anything wrong.

Americans arrested taking children out of Haiti | Reuters

True. I also believe these people thought they were doing the right thing. Desperate times require desperate measures. However, too many evil-doers are hunting for children. They have to crack down on everyone. It just seems like it's getting worse every day.

I heard on the news that these people got permission from the Head clergyman at the orphanages and had detailed lists of the children's names and parantage etc...they THOUGHT they had permission to do what they were doing and THOUGHT they would need to fill out the detailed government papers at the border? So, Do Gooders, imo and just a mixup.

Hopefully that's what happened Care and these people are not prosecuted. It's just heartbreaking. My son wanted to go there in March with a group from his school. It's far too dangerous. I told him maybe next year.

They probably got caught because they weren't trying to hide what they were doing thinking they were doing the right thing and they weren't paying off the cops. The ones who are truly trying to traffic children know how to do it under the radar and would have paid off the cops well in advance.

They probably got caught because they weren't trying to hide what they were doing thinking they were doing the right thing and they weren't paying off the cops. The ones who are truly trying to traffic children know how to do it under the radar and would have paid off the cops well in advance.

Nice post but where the fuck do you get your info? :scared1:

Sat, Jan. 30, 2010
Haiti detains Americans taking kids across border

By FRANK BAJAK
Associated Press Writer
77-Haiti_Earthquake_Americans_Detained.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Ramon Espinosa / AP Photo
American citizens pose for a photo at police headquarters in the international airport of Port-au-Prince, Saturday, Jan. 30, 2010. Ten Americans were detained by Haitian police on Saturday as they tried to bus 33 children across the border into the Dominican Republic, allegedly without proper documents. In the front row from left to right are Carla Thompson, 53, of Meridien, Idaho, Laura Silsby, 40, of Boise, Idaho, Nicole Lark Ford, 18, of Middleton, Idaho, and in the back row from left to right are Steve McMullen, 56, of Twin Falls, Idaho, Jim Allen, 47, of Amarillo, Texas, Silas Thompson, 19, of Twin Falls, Idaho, Paul Thompson, 43, hometown unknown, and Drew Culborth, 34, of Topeka, Kansas. The names of the two Americans not pictured are unknown.

The group described their plans on a Web site where they also asked for tax-deductible contributions, saying they would "gather" 100 orphans and bus them to the Dominican resort of Cabarete, before building a more permanent orphanage in the Dominican town of Magante. "Given the urgent needs from this earthquake, God has laid upon our hearts the need to go now versus waiting until the permanent facility is built," the group wrote. LINK

___________________________________________________________​
These are IDAHOANS, and if there is anything Idaho is known for, it is an abiding hatred and negative attitude for minorities, period, one has to wonder at the motivations of that sort, when, if they really wanted to help Haitian children, or Haitians period, they would have been on the ground, at the scene, taking care, doing what the children needed in their own country among people who spoke their own language, and not traumatizing them more....

My thought, if they had a "place" all set up in the D. R., who else was in on the scheme there, what were the pay-offs, and so on, and what kind of money does it take to field an operation like this where there were plans to steal a much larger number of children.

Realizing, of course, that Idaho white people would not get that true history, and whatever it may be, culture and language for these children is important and if they want to really help, then following Haitian government procedures is important.

This smacks of the sort of thing where Samoan children were stolen from their families, and why, all because "white" people think that they of no particular cultural heritage can steal from others, manage their lives, and do "for their own good" when these "managers" have no clue either what would be truly best, or what anyone's, starting with their own lives, own good actually is.

Apparently this is common in foreign adoptions, and the absolute thoughtlessness of some of those involved, including the adoptive parents... India, and how many other places are also involved!

Example: In India a child was stolen, his parents sold everything and did everything in order to find the kidnapped child.

This is the reaction on the part of the Americans who bought this child:
Carney traveled to Wisconsin to meet with Subash/Ashraf's adoptive parents, who for the moment aren’t interested in opening up relations with the boy's biological parents. Responding to a follow-up e-mail, Subash's adoptive father asked Carney to pass on his “condolences” to his adopted son's parents. LINK

That is about as nasty as it gets!

Haiti has enough problems without having to deal with predators stealing children.

Once again, some will excuse anything, rationalize anything with "Well, GAWD SAID!"

I think a nice fine of about $50,000 apiece would go a long way to helping these Haitian children, and others, in their own country!

I heard on the news that these people got permission from the Head clergyman at the orphanages and had detailed lists of the children's names and parantage etc...they THOUGHT they had permission to do what they were doing and THOUGHT they would need to fill out the detailed government papers at the border? So, Do Gooders, imo and just a mixup.

Not to be TOTALLY sarcastic, but I think there are any number of "Clergy" in the US that would give me a list and tell me it was "gawd's work" to go bomb abortion clinics.

Even people from Idaho know that these things depend on GOVERNMENT paperwork, and that the clergy in Haiti does not handle "civil" issues. It has been all in the news that adoptions are suspended, and there is new paperwork. These people were in contact with "those at home." They knew, they did it anyway!

They thought they had an opening and they jumped. I think they are liars, and stupid ones at that. I hope they fine the living hell out of them.

If these crooks wanted to really help, they could have helped IN HAITI!

These are IDAHOANS, and if there is anything Idaho is known for, it is an abiding hatred and negative attitude for minorities, period, one has to wonder at the motivations of that sort, when, if they really wanted to help Haitian children, or Haitians period, they would have been on the ground, at the scene, taking care, doing what the children needed in their own country among people who spoke their own language, and not traumatizing them more....

My thought, if they had a "place" all set up in the D. R., who else was in on the scheme there, what were the pay-offs, and so on, and what kind of money does it take to field an operation like this where there were plans to steal a much larger number of children.

Realizing, of course, that Idaho white people would not get that true history, and whatever it may be, culture and language for these children is important and if they want to really help, then following Haitian government procedures is important.

This smacks of the sort of thing where Samoan children were stolen from their families, and why, all because "white" people think that they of no particular cultural heritage can steal from others, manage their lives, and do "for their own good" when these "managers" have no clue either what would be truly best, or what anyone's, starting with their own lives, own good actually is.

Apparently this is common in foreign adoptions, and the absolute thoughtlessness of some of those involved, including the adoptive parents... India, and how many other places are also involved!

Example: In India a child was stolen, his parents sold everything and did everything in order to find the kidnapped child.

This is the reaction on the part of the Americans who bought this child:
Carney traveled to Wisconsin to meet with Subash/Ashraf's adoptive parents, who for the moment aren’t interested in opening up relations with the boy's biological parents. Responding to a follow-up e-mail, Subash's adoptive father asked Carney to pass on his “condolences” to his adopted son's parents. LINK

That is about as nasty as it gets!

Haiti has enough problems without having to deal with predators stealing children.

Once again, some will excuse anything, rationalize anything with "Well, GAWD SAID!"

I think a nice fine of about $50,000 apiece would go a long way to helping these Haitian children, and others, in their own country!
So tell me just exactly how did you determine that "IDAHOANS" are such hate mongers Contessa_Sharra?

When exactly did taking children that are in an already existing orphanage the church already maintains over the border on an Island to a resort until another orphanage could be built to accommodate the children so they will be safe become so bad?

Not to be TOTALLY sarcastic, but I think there are any number of "Clergy" in the US that would give me a list and tell me it was "gawd's work" to go bomb abortion clinics.

Even people from Idaho know that these things depend on GOVERNMENT paperwork, and that the clergy in Haiti does not handle "civil" issues. It has been all in the news that adoptions are suspended, and there is new paperwork. These people were in contact with "those at home." They knew, they did it anyway!

They thought they had an opening and they jumped. I think they are liars, and stupid ones at that. I hope they fine the living hell out of them.

If these crooks wanted to really help, they could have helped IN HAITI!

If you knew what you were talking about, you might have said it with some evidence that it was some plan to illegally take the kids. You need to know that there are good people out there who are mistreated by people like you just because of the kind of hate in your heart for Christians.

However, God will take care of His own, and you can slobber all the hate you want, it will not make any difference.

PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - Haitian police have arrested 10 U.S. citizens caught trying to take 33 children out of the earthquake-stricken country in a suspected illicit adoption scheme, authorities said on Saturday.

The five men and five women were in custody in the capital, Port-au-Prince after their arrests on Friday night. There are fears that traffickers could try to exploit the chaos and turmoil following Haiti's January 12 earthquake quake to engage in illegal adoptions.

One of the suspects, who says she is leader of an Idaho-based charity called New Life Children's Refuge, denied they had done anything wrong.

I pray That I am not related to any of these people. :lol:

How would americans like it if some other country came here and started taking children back with them.Just because these people are in Haiti volunteering help, doesn't mean they get to bring back a trophy with them.

How would americans like it if some other country came here and started taking children back with them.Just because these people are in Haiti volunteering help, doesn't mean they get to bring back a trophy with them.
They were not taking the children off the island. They removed them because it was becoming too dangerous at the orphanage they have been maintaining for years. They were taking them to the Dominican Republic side of the island to a resort for the children's safety until they can get another orphanage built. Roving bands with machetes are all over the place over there. What are the roving bands with machetes doing over there? Stealing kids along with murdering whoever gets in their way and various other forms of mayhem.

Forum List

Back